Inverness, Scotland - Ironworks (June 17, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List: (may not be in correct order)

I Want The One I Can't Have / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / Meat is Murder / Alma Matters / Action Is My Middle Name / The Kid's A Looker / People Are The Same Everywhere / Speedway / I Know It's Over / Satellite Of Love / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Last Of The Famous International Playboys // One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by an anonymous person

Last edited:
Guessing same set list as Perth but a better performance?

Ok, let's get the whining out of the way first...

Set list: too similar to Perth / too different to Perth.
New songs: brilliant in a live context / terrible (but of course I'm only judging by the BBC session)
Morrissey's voice: sounding strong as ever / sounding weak, wait for cancellations to be announced.
Morrissey's attitude: too chatty / not chatty enough.
Audience: too quiet / too boisterous.
Overall verdict: almost transcendental perfection / an embarrassment, "Get Off The Stage".

Right. Now that's all dealt with, let's hear detail and insight from people who were actually there, not from the bitter armchair critics who are sniping simply because they WEREN'T there or because they resent the hold that Morrissey exerts on their lives and imaginations.

"You hiss and groan and you constantly moan / But you don't ever go away"

You are the weakest link - goodbye !

ok, let's get the whining out of the way first...

Set list: Too similar to perth / too different to perth.
New songs: Brilliant in a live context / terrible (but of course i'm only judging by the bbc session)
morrissey's voice: Sounding strong as ever / sounding weak, wait for cancellations to be announced.
Morrissey's attitude: Too chatty / not chatty enough.
Audience: Too quiet / too boisterous.
Overall verdict: Almost transcendental perfection / an embarrassment, "get off the stage".

Right. Now that's all dealt with, let's hear detail and insight from people who were actually there, not from the bitter armchair critics who are sniping simply because they weren't there or because they resent the hold that morrissey exerts on their lives and imaginations.

"you hiss and groan and you constantly moan / but you don't ever go away"

troll
Great gig! He came on saying i am the real Loch Ness Monster sipping on a Irn Bru. Same setlist but with Playboys.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are the weakest link - goodbye !

I also thought zzzz.

On Twitter they said that he was very chatty and they felt that they left the best Morrissey concert ever. Small venue with around 1000 capacity. 80 minutes long.

Ok, let's get the whining out of the way first...

Set list: too similar to Perth / too different to Perth.
New songs: brilliant in a live context / terrible (but of course I'm only judging by the BBC session)
Morrissey's voice: sounding strong as ever / sounding weak, wait for cancellations to be announced.
Morrissey's attitude: too chatty / not chatty enough.
Audience: too quiet / too boisterous.
Overall verdict: almost transcendental perfection / an embarrassment, "Get Off The Stage".

Right. Now that's all dealt with, let's hear detail and insight from people who were actually there, not from the bitter armchair critics who are sniping simply because they WEREN'T there or because they resent the hold that Morrissey exerts on their lives and imaginations.

"You hiss and groan and you constantly moan / But you don't ever go away"

WELL SAID - pre-empted all the idiots & trolls v nicely :)

troll
An historical disgrace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great, great show. One of the best set lists I've ever seen in over 50 shows. Opened with I want the one I can't have, First of the gang, Irish Blood, Every Day is Like Sunday, Speedway, Playboys..(not in order apart from opening track)
He dropped Boy Racer and the first 35 minutes was hit after hit. He mentioned how he had not been in town for 26 years and how nobody there tonight would have been present (which got a big cheer) He also joked about a local lndmark, which I don't know, and asked if it had been bombed by the Germans.
He launched a vicious attack on Alex Salmond and his choice of menu and did introduce the band.
He seemed a little more static than previous shows. Most songs sung from the mic stand and not much cord whipping etc, almost as if he was just belting them out by numbers, but the set-list meant knobody minded. He did do the three new tracks together and the encore was One Day Goodbye...

Great, great show. One of the best set lists I've ever seen in over 50 shows. Opened with I want the one I can't have, First of the gang, Irish Blood, Every Day is Like Sunday, Speedway, Playboys..(not in order apart from opening track)
He dropped Boy Racer and the first 35 minutes was hit after hit. He mentioned how he had not been in town for 26 years and how nobody there tonight would have been present (which got a big cheer) He also joked about a local lndmark, which I don't know, and asked if it had been bombed by the Germans.
He launched a vicious attack on Alex Salmond and his choice of menu and did introduce the band.
He seemed a little more static than previous shows. Most songs sung from the mic stand and not much cord whipping etc, almost as if he was just belting them out by numbers, but the set-list meant knobody minded. He did do the three new tracks together and the encore was One Day Goodbye...

The local landmark was Eden Court, where he'd played all those years ago with The Smiths.
Mrs Lastparty and I had an absolute ball. This was my second attempt at getting her to see him, previous was the Roundhouse mess.
He seemed in good spirits and I really thought he sang as well tonight as he has in the last 10 years. Satellite of Love was lovely, I Know It's Over was a bit of a stretch. Of the 3 new songs, only The Kid's a Looker didnt come across well.
Everyone who is going to the next few gigs, you are gonna have a ball:)

Forgot to say...
The videos before the show were pretty much the same as the past 4 years or so, with a few additions, though I could do without them to be honest.
Also, the backdrop was the most animated I've ever seen it. During Meat is Murder there was a propper film being projected and not very pleasant at that.
Definitely in good form and for all those who have moaned about the set list and too many B sides over the years, this one is for you.
09.18 train heaves on to Dunoon tomorrow.

Morrissey Setlist- June 17th, 2011- Ironworks - Inverness

Roughly in this order. Will confirm.

I Want The One I Can't Have
First of The Gang To Die
Everyday Is Like Sunday
There Is A Light
Irish Blood, English Heart
You Have Killed Me
Meat Is Murder
Alma Matters
Action Is My Middle Name
The Kid's A Looker
People Are The Same Everywhere
Speedway
I Know It's Over
Satellite of Love
Ouija Board
Last Of the Famous International Playboys
Encore: Goodbye Will Be Farewell

thanks to @famouswhendead
http://www.somedizzywhore.com/blog/2011/06/morrissey-setlist-june-17th-2011-ironworks-inverness.html

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom