Inverness, Scotland - Ironworks (June 17, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List: (may not be in correct order)

I Want The One I Can't Have / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / Meat is Murder / Alma Matters / Action Is My Middle Name / The Kid's A Looker / People Are The Same Everywhere / Speedway / I Know It's Over / Satellite Of Love / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Last Of The Famous International Playboys // One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by an anonymous person

Last edited:
Is there any confirmed setlist ???

Ouija sounded fantastic and was great to hear such song played live again,what I can't understand is why you cannot imagine said song with guitars and keys,both are integral to the song,bass and drums also,I suggest you go and blow the dust off the vinyl and pop it on the turntable and listen again because it's obviously been a while.

I didn't say I didn't like it, but the recorded version is very "studio" to me if that makes sense, so I was just wondering how it translated live. Calm down!

Great great great set. I couldn't quite make it out over the screaming but he took the stage saying something like 'Inverness, Inverness...what a stinking mess!' or something similar. Lots of attempted stage invasions during 'I know It's Over', though none successful. Got my handshake in though. Bummed I'm not at the show tonight. Will have to try to make a Scandinavian date or two...

"Inverness, Inverness, I'm a quivering mess..."

Great show. Fantastic setlist, brilliant venue, wonderful crowd, good mood, lots of talking to the crowd, awesome work by the band...

What more can you ask for? As far as I'm concerned, it was the perfect Morrissey show. Hope he keeps this up and goes down a storm at Glasto and Hop Farm. Heaven knows there will be bloody moaners at every show from here on, but some people just don't like to see others happy.

Ecstatic even 24 hours later that the show was so great - I know for a fact the band thought so too, as I happened to overhear them saying so the next morning at breakfast!

So thanks Morrissey & band, best of luck with the rest of the tour, and I hope all those with tickets for the rest of the tour enjoy as much as Inverness did last night.

Cheers!

"Inverness, Inverness, I'm a quivering mess..."

Great show. Fantastic setlist, brilliant venue, wonderful crowd, good mood, lots of talking to the crowd, awesome work by the band...

What more can you ask for? As far as I'm concerned, it was the perfect Morrissey show. Hope he keeps this up and goes down a storm at Glasto and Hop Farm. Heaven knows there will be bloody moaners at every show from here on, but some people just don't like to see others happy.

Ecstatic even 24 hours later that the show was so great - I know for a fact the band thought so too, as I happened to overhear them saying so the next morning at breakfast!

So thanks Morrissey & band, best of luck with the rest of the tour, and I hope all those with tickets for the rest of the tour enjoy as much as Inverness did last night.

Cheers!

The whole band? You saucy devil.

Salmond's government rep pleads defence against Morrissey's criticism of the 'offal' menu -

Salmond's menu too offal, says Morrissey
Published Date: 19 June 2011
By Craig Brown

THE pop singer Morrissey has attacked the First Minister Alex Salmond over the serving of foie gras, goose liver pâté, at his Bute House residence.

Morrissey, who came to prominence during the 1980s as the singer of hit group The Smiths, and who is known as a committed vegetarian, has lashed out at the First Minister's culinary choices during a performance in Inverness.

According to Matthew Crist, who attended the concert, the comments came just before the singer performed Meat Is Murder, a song about the cruel practices used in slaughter houses.

Crist said: "He pretty much slated Alex Salmond for offering his dining guests foie gras, and he said on stage he wished that one of the guests had shoved the foie gras down Alex Salmond's throat until his liver exploded, pretty much the same way foie gras is made."

Crist reported that Morrissey's comments were received with enthusiasm.

"It certainly got a cheer from the audience, which being from England surprised me as I thought Alex Salmond was a popular person," he said. "But maybe it was because it was Morrisey saying it."

Morrissey's comments related to controversy surrounding the serving of foie gras at official dinners in 2009 even though the dish had been condemned as cruel by his own government.

The singer's strong views on vegetarianism have already caused a stir in the past week, after he requested a ban on the preparation or consumption of meat in the venues on the Scottish leg of his tour.

A Scottish Government spokesperson said: "These comments are out of date. Foie gras was inadvertently served at two Scottish Government functions in 2009, by an outside catering company who were subsequently told not to include it on future menus.

"No foie gras has been served since, and it will not be part of the menu for any Scottish Government events, which in any case will now be serving just Scottish produce."
http://heritage.scotsman.com/scotland/Salmond39s-menu-too-offal-says.6787457.jp :)

Do we have a confirmed setlist yet? The one that was posted in this thread previously was wrong in quite a few places. I'd give it a stab myself, but I can't remember the exact ordering of some of the songs near the middle of the set, like Alma Matters and Meat is Murder.

I Want The One I Can't Have
First Of The Gang To Die
Irish Blood, English Heart
"I haven't been here in 26 years... I'm curious to know... I'm curious to know... Does Eden Court still stand? Or has it been bombed by the Germans...? Let us hope so..."
There Is A Light
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Shoplifters Of The World Unite
You Have Killed Me
*Rant about Alex Salmond & foie gras*
Meat Is Murder
Alma Matters
"I know I only have one name... but Action, is my middle name..."
Action Is My Middle Name
The Kid's A Looker
"I want to make a very general statement... I've noticed... People are the same everywhere..."
People Are The Same Everywhere
Speedway
I Know It's Over
Satellite Of Love
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Ouija Board
The Last of the Famous International Playboys

Encore:
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
"Goodbye..."

I'm fairly sure that up to Everyday Is Like... is correct, but I'm just not sure after there. The one on Setlist.fm is wrong, as is the one posted earlier... Anyone got a better memory than me?

What a show!! Yes very memorable for all the bloddy idiots that tried to storm the stage. I wouldn't have minded but given the fact they were mostly 40ish balding men then you really have to question their motives!! Morrissey was his usual brilliant self, the highlight for me was the withering distainful look he gave the neeps trying to storm the stage. 26 years!! Given the downright disrespectful nature of the crowd-I suspect it will be another 26 years before he is back. I have seen the legend many times, and that was by far the worst crowd ever! Well done boys.

What a show!! Yes very memorable for all the bloddy idiots that tried to storm the stage. I wouldn't have minded but given the fact they were mostly 40ish balding men then you really have to question their motives!! Morrissey was his usual brilliant self, the highlight for me was the withering distainful look he gave the neeps trying to storm the stage. 26 years!! Given the downright disrespectful nature of the crowd-I suspect it will be another 26 years before he is back. I have seen the legend many times, and that was by far the worst crowd ever! Well done boys.

Stop the moaning. If you think that the highlight was Morrisseys alleged "withering look" you missed the real highlight - the brilliant gig with a lively crowd. Stage invasions have been a feature since the early days of the Smiths.

Best gig ever. Last of the Famous?? Ouija Board?? and I know it's over?? Couldn't believe it. Rocked my world.

I can't imagine for the life of me why anyone would think that the Inverness gig was the worst crowd ever. Everyone was in full voice the entire night, I even managed to remember a couple of lines from the 3 new songs to chant along to, as did others. Ok some of it was a bit cats chorus but every word uttered was done so with great gusto :thumb:

I was posted pretty close behind a bald guy (or shaved heid maybe) who put up some footage of the gig, think it was the opening song. So many thanks to that bald guy. Give him his due, he did sing along to most of the songs some didnt have a clue or had a plastic cup at their mouths. There were a few talkers of course, sadly not 'low talkers':(

Can anyone remember the capacity of the ironworks? There hasnt been so many posts from this gig on solo, just wondering who was a native, who actually made the trip up as I did, or who's swapped out tickets for something in england.

And is anyone going to krakow?

Jesus wept! I don't think you have a grasp on the "morrissey effect",stop complaining and enjoy the occasion,or does your silver lining truely have a cloud?

Fourth Moz gig attended. First time in town I'm living in. Speedway, Last of the Famous..., Meat, Light...V good, ALL Good. Wish I could have been at the North England gigs too!

Come on somebody - get the album out!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom