Symbolic Stuff Nobody Gives a Crap About

RIP my friend Heather's grandma who passed away this morning of old age, she was 90. She was English, her mom's mother. She'd cook pot roast and bread pudding. I lived with them for six months while my family was working stuff out, my stay with them coincided with a visit from her and being the low man on the totem pole I had to sleep on the couch. :D I'd never had bread pudding before. I thought it was disgusting. Then she added cream and made me try it again and I was hooked. I was transfixed by her accent, she was the first English person I met in person. Then I fell in love with Tim Curry in the movie Clue. :o

11062165_10204754146467676_5845698773648814694_n.jpg

At Poly one of my close friends was a photography major. She was doing a series on couples and asked Evan and I to sit for her. These were taken in 2000. :o

16787738387_147e750ff5_b.jpg

16994225141_53dae93423_b.jpg

16969165936_7ecd12e8ee_b.jpg

I've been watching Twin Peaks and have been fascinated the last few days with the character Andy. In Suedehead he sings at 50 sec "And why, ha, hi, ha, hi, ha, hi, ha, ha, ha, hi.....do you hang around." but I hear it as "And Y, ha, hi, ha, hi...." so I've been obsessing on the word Andy in my brain. :o And then giddy London murder. :(

Handshake prior to the song. Opera house comments after the song.

P.S. Is there anything better than the addition of those 2 little words - "But still" - prior to the "good lay" verse?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kid across the street just screamed "NO I AM NOT!" so we're good. :p

The drama llama visited The Winds today. :squiffy: I just mediated a bitchy little spat between people who live together.

AGHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet one more relationship in my life where the SON ISN'T ALLOWED TO TALK!!!!! I was losing my mind. So was he. I'm giving him my Benz, end of story.

All my signs said No was the mom and Em was defeated...or has been over the years. That the events the last two days were way back time machine the last 20 years.

400 pound Joann is my savior today, she hates going to Easter dinner and always wants to leave early and I'm her ride home. :p C'mon Joann, let's wrap this shit up fast, I gotta nap hardcore today.

10007297.jpg

It's in the frame under the TV. The lion of the sea is the sphynx, the wheel is like her boat and she drives it. (I'm working on hiding the cables, I need help getting my sound bar not to buzz and I have to solve that problem first.)

11064623_10205820089849062_4817843549213608430_n.jpg

OH WAIT! my mistake, that's Lemon Delight in the frame...they're both the most important cards in the deck.

Definitely not me. TOTALLY covered up by the media. RIDICULOUS.

11146181_10152967042728462_8913119271675416793_n.jpg

10441325_747943565242199_6512946577628000870_n.jpg

also

11055383_708918699213066_8921618251224834716_n.jpg

10455974_709466852491584_8749416185993996616_n.jpg

Srsly weird shit going on...

I'll just say this. I'm going to write a book about a mother who has two kids and never learned to drive so trapped at home all day, whose husband is away at work all day, and who gets attention from other ADULTS to talk too by actively sabotaging things so they'll fix them. For instance, the plumbers will come out to fix a leaky U-joint, then they'll leave, then starved for companionship that isn't three-and-under, she takes a hammer and busts the pipe and runs over to the managers office and says "I heard a pop and then water went all over." then the manager calls the plumbers who come back and look at the pipe perplexed because five minutes ago it was brand new and now it has a huge dent in it and the sink is busted. :straightface:

I told my sister it was confirmed to be a funny prank and she said she knew it. She spit on the card and tried rubbing the letter off. Lol.

I stopped at my grandparents after the game to touch base since they watch Fallon. My grandma was trying to tell me she has moles and blisters all over her skin. I said "Gramma I don't see any moles or blisters?" and she said "That's cuz I'm doing it right?"

I think she's going nuts. We're all going nuts maybe. :p

Sooooooooo, this is stuck in my brain and ruining my vacation a little bit.

I have a friend who has a lot of issues. A lot of those issues involve her domineering mother who has so much control over her that she's developed a handful of coping-mechanism issues that is turning her into a "lost cause." You can talk to her until you're blue in the face about things she needs to try to get her shit together and make a stand, do something different, be assertive, put herself out there...all advice goes in one ear and out the other, because the ONLY person truly calling the shots is her mother who lives 4000 miles away who she talks to two and three times a day on the phone. She has to check in. She's pushing 40.

Her mother fat shames her, has convinced her she will never meet a man if she doesn't lose weight. But she can't just go out and meet a man, she has to meet a man that not only she will like, but her mother will approve of, and that man doesn't exist because her mother DOESNT WANT HER TO BE HAPPY, for her to be happy would mean a loss of control, so she's left alone thinking she is the ugliest person in the world that no man will love and that's JUST the way her mother wants it. Now she's even acting like her mother, suddenly she can't drive. THe last three years she's relied on her brother (who her mother has employed her to spy on and report back every detail) to do all the driving...just like mom who never got a dirvers license. So in order to make her mom proud, she has to act out her eccentricities, but in the meantime LIFE is passing her by and she's left still holding her V card.

So yesterday she announced her big shakeup to get her life in gear. SHe's going to MOVE BACK TO WISCONSIN AND LIVE WITH HER COUSINS. She's literally a few steps from moving back home.

I'm so f***ing pissed I can't talk about this anymore. I told her too, I told her very abruptly that she is wasting her time if she thinks anything is going to change on the midwest. "But you don't understand Amie, people on the central coast don't like fat girls whereas back home they have lower standards." WHO IS FEEDING THIS TO HER?

Take a f***ing guess. This is the mamadrama I've been picking up. Sorry if I misattributed it.

There's a lot more to this story too. I can't even...she wants to give notice on Friday and be gone by May 9th. Her mother sent her brother to the central coast to rent a U-Haul and bring her stuff home. THATS why he's here, not to see a Fleetwood Mac concert...that he RUINED by puking all over everyone. He drinks away the apron string pain and rationalizes it's not their mother, it's just life. She's going deeper into that f***ing drama...

This push to see a Dodger Game? It's because sh wants to go for the last time. f*** her, take yourself to a game. Call up mom, she can take you. GAHHHH IM SO ANGRY THERES ONLY SO MUCH YOU CAN DO!!!!

Why be afraid of an old woman? She is TERRIFIED of her mother yelling at her. She couldn't fathom saying, "I'm not going to talk to you for a month." NO WAY! "Is it that therapist telling you I'm a bad person? Maybe you need to find a new therapist."

I'm meeting her for pizza in 20 minutes to sort out alternatives to giving up. I'll be sure to order extra cheese while she's telling me her fantasies that having her mother be dead would solve all her problems. :straightface:

Okay, this little essay will be lame as I can't find the graphics to support it but I will do my best to describe. Also I'm on my second IPA, poolside and I'd rather be swimming and sunbathing than talking about a bunch of medieval trappings of the mind, but I digress.

In the Santa Barbara Museum of art until May 9th is an exhibit featuring the work of Giovanni Bellini, Sandro Botticelli, Domenichino, Francesco Guardi, Salvator Rosa, Luca Signorelli, and Titian. One of these painters painted a one panel tryptych featuring Mary Magdalene, the Virgin Mary and her mother. On the left Mary Magdalene or "Mags" is seen as though sitting for a portrait, staring straight ahead expressionless, wearing a corset with her boob hanging out because THAT'S what Mary is historically known for, being a big ol' WHORE who has no shame. She probably had a box of dicks at home in her closet.

On the other side of the same room in the gallery is a painting of The Adoration of the Magi. (I think it was in the same room...now I'm thinking I'm confusing it with the Botticelli, I was really distracted and tired yesterday suffering the first stages of an ear ache.) ANyway, imagine if you will the Virgin Mary propping up the baby Jesus on her knee and a number of old Magicians marvelling at the mystery of the baby Jesus SON of God...one of their own they recognize because it's no water-to-wine secret that Jesus was a puppy magician and as dog god's themselves they knew that.

The thing that riles me up is the OBVIOUS connect, yet disconnect that nobody is willing to see. There are many books and essays on the nature of Mary Magdalene in Medieval history, the thought common that she represented the dual nature of sinner and saint (Loewen, MM in Medieval Culture:Conflisted Roles).

But what if...

In the Language of Birds, Magi, Magus, Magdalene are one in the same. The root word MAG anagrams to GAM or GAMMA which in greek is THREE. Mary Magdalene is not a whore, but the physical manifestation of Hermes Trismagistus, the Thrice Great Godhead of the mystery tradition as represented by WOMAN, not Father, not Son, not Spirit. Her boob is hanging out not from SHAME, but because a single breast looks like an alchemical SUN or sign of completion of the great work? And if you listen to the title of the painting with the baby,

The Adoration of the Magi

Are the Magi doing the adoring? Or are a bunch of old men adoring the Magi? The BABY and the SINNER Mary Mags are ONE AND THE SAME. She's as innocent and mystical as the baby himself, yet she's historically cast as the WHORE. But maybe she's the HORUS? The Egyptian ruler of the cosmos?

Long story short:

41Zsm5SdOiL._SY300_.jpg

She was okay by herself, she wasn't a whore AT ALL. She was the sun the whole time.

Back
Top Bottom