Symbolic Stuff Nobody Gives a Crap About

Today I am not a fan of rodeo but there was a day when I was immersed in it. I didn't barrel race, I just rode trails and showed western pleasure which is mastering lead changes, feeling the horses gait. But while I fed carrots and groomed my horses I was listening to the rodeo girls do their thing. It's funny how you can leave a discipline for 20 years and read a post and understand every word. People accused this girl of taking her aggression out on her horse after a bad run, but the horses get all pumped up and before you know it they're jumping into the stands and killing people, she had to calm him down.

1486678_10153630299760022_1015604183_n.jpg

I've had a handful of near death experiences, one of them was when the horse I was on "ran through the bridle." The bridle is the harness around their face. It holds the bit in their mouth and the reins are attached to the bit. Some horses have hard mouths and are unresponsive to bits, it pulls their head closer to their body and tells them to stop. Riding through the bridle is when a determined horse completely ignores the bit and fights it, often by extending their head out and running faster into the bit. To do this it means they run without looking where they are going. IT'S SCARY AS f***! All they are doing is fighting the bit as you tell them to slow down, the only thing you can do on a runaway horse is bail and jump off, or reach forward and grab the bridle with your hand and spin the horses head back towards your body, it forces them to slow down and eventually stop.

I was on a runaway horse approaching a car on a canyon road driving 50 mph towards us. I loved my horse though and didn't want to bail and have her get hit by a car so I made the car swerve off the road while my out-of-control horse bolted back to the stable and I rode it out. I couldn't grab her bridle because she was running so fast, I had fallen out of my stirrups, I was hanging on for dear life, the last thing I could do was perform a complicated gymnastics move. I repressed this event for years, I have a faint recollection of talking to the driver later and her being very upset at the situation but understanding.

Sunny! Barn sour pony, I miss that bitch. :D

Last edited:
Mr. Freely and me after our Christmas concert. :D

11452757303_db73c7fcc6_z.jpg

Watch this video. Dogs won't pass cats in doorways and staircases. It's intriguing. It might speak to Isis's crown which is a staircase. Perhaps cats are Isis and dogs are Osiris. It's never wise to stereotype an animal to being one flavor of God, but there is a trend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reincarnation FTW!

Little Town Of Bethlehem isn't a PLACE. It's a LANGUAGE, it's like Cockney Rhyming Slang for LOTB.

Jesus was born in a little barn in the Language of the Birds.

Perhaps.

1525604_10152002760564039_501667732_n.jpg

Cow faces look like uteruses.

19263.jpg

At brunch one of my friends told a story about her sister's husband announcing suddenly he wanted to transition into a woman. This came as a shock to her who married a buff dude and has two kids and loves men, she;s now being asked to essentially become a lesbian. The experience was particularly surreal because I got a lot of "that look," where God just stares at you through different people, it's interesting. As I passed the Theosophical Society on the way home I wondered if it was Manly P Hall looking at me nodding the whole Orlandoness of living with and hosting ghosts. Often him. :D I was in his hood, after all.

My aunt told me tonight about a conversation she had with her grandson who is ten. How excited he is for Christmas. He has the sweetest, most pure soul, the nicest boy you could ever meet, and he still believes in Santa. THe boys at school tell him it's not true but he still believes. So he was telling her how since he;s been good he;s hoping for this very elaborate remote control semi-truck. How he has plans to land another toy helicopter on the top of it and how it's the only thing he really wants, besides a vest, he's into vests now. Suit vests. So his mother looked into buying this truck, it's over $300, it's not going to happen. But as he explained it to my aunt, he still thinks there's a chance because Santa can make miracles happen.

So my aunt said that as she listened to him she had to stop from not crying because she knew he wasn't going to get what he wanted. She reveled in the purity of his belief and knew it would probably be the last year he'd have hope that Santa could make it happen for him. And it;s not exactly that she had pity, but she wanted to harness is purity somehow and hold onto it for as long as possible. She's knows tomorrow he will be disappointed and it breaks her heart that tonight he goes to bed with so much hope. As she tells the story she looks at me and starts to cry and it's clear I'm Nick. And it's over.

I know there's no room at the inn and nobody really gives a flip about the mind babies I birth here that I used to put more effort into and now am too tired, but Merry Christmas, solo.

Hopefully I got the beebs to retire last night. We'll see if it sticks. :D My Christmas gift to the real musicians.

If you see any "crash" or "accident" or similar synonym, it's just this guy:

11553223263_35ceac8089_z.jpg

I'm with Crash for a week. That's his name. :D

A little taste of my teacher...

I sent a book you might find interesting to decipher. Deciphering it can be done in small pieces and without a schedule, or you can read the book without deciphering it at all. People with no knowledge of symbolism wait for this book to come out each year. It has a Foreword, an Introduction and twenty stories from 2013, including one by Alice Munro. I bought two copies, one for you and the other for myself. I’ve read only a few pages hoping to find something worth sharing. Time permitting, I will read much more before long. The style of writing in the Foreword and the Introduction seems less than striking, but if only a few stories emerge as truly well written, then perhaps this book will have performed its function. Of course, it has multiple functions. I’ll provide a few hints about the Foreword and perhaps you can then follow through on your own, or perhaps share what you find. I should also say that many of the authors I currently read were first discovered in the pages of The Best American Short Stories, though the authors I’ve spent the most time with have not been American. I’m sure this says much more about me than the authors, but there’s no reason why you should end up with the same bias, if that’s what it is. Perhaps I just long to be somewhere else.

Heidi Pitlor mentions “something horrific” in the first line of the Foreword. She then mentions 9/11 and goes on to Sandy Hook Elementary School. A reference to 9/11 is automatically a reference to the twin towers, even if the towers themselves are not mentioned. This should be enough to send you in the right direction. The twin towers are found on the Moon card. Richard Cavendish (I’m not sure you have his book. If you’re really interested, perhaps we could work on that.) begins his description of the Moon card with, “In most packs the Moon’s card is grim and nightmarish, though there are some less sinister varieties of it.” Nothing more sinister, perhaps, than 9/11 and elementary school shootings. So the nightmarish qualities of both are central to Pitlor’s Foreword. A blood spattered elementary school brings to mind the drops of blood falling from the moon. Cavendish again, “The drops of blood falling from the moon are a menstruum, a fluid in which a solid body is dissolved, and stand for the breaking down of the reassuringly solid structures of accustomed convictions and pretensions.” A rather convincing echo of what Pitlor is saying. “[T]he sixteenth mass shooting of 2012” is a clever reference to the related card 16, the Tower. Taking her twins to school is summed up in the image of two dogs and a “crayfish, crab or lobster.” The author herself, rather interestingly, is the “nasty crawling creature” in the pool, which represents according to many writers the subconscious. She is analyzing the subconscious problems for authors attempting to write in the post 9/11 era. There is so much more, including numerous references to time — the moon is the original basis for our concept of time. For example, “…and in what seems like a minute, this something changes us.”, and “A few months [moons] later, I write this with a still-jumpy heart.” And the association of alchemy, which is also time related, and the moon. “‘[T]here must be a period of distillation [my italics] before the real impact of some tremendous event, either historical or personal, can emerge in writing.’” “[T]he actual distillation time has shrunk…” And so forth. I hope you still enjoy this sort of thing.

He sent a book of short stories for Christmas. Though we come from different schools of thought whether the editing is symbolically intentional, (he thinks the editors are aware of why they design books with 22 sections, I think it's the work of God) the belief is that many books and story compilations are devised into 22 sections, each representing a tarot card in the major arcana. He would have me take a book and map the different cards with justification as to how the stories symbolical structure paired with each card and why. He never could say WHY, that was my job. But the answer I came up with was rarely sufficient, though I got a lot of practice piecing these 22 part puzzles together.

22 is important for a number of reasons beyond tarot. To me the most striking reference to 22 in religious iconography is that Mary's head is often tilted at a 22˚ angle in images of her holding the christ child. The mind baby, if you will. The earth's axis is tilted roughly at a 22˚ angle as well, if it were one degree different in either direction, we wouldn't be here talking about it now, we'd all be dead.

virgin-mary-and-child-carlo-crivelli-.jpg

Anyway, a glimpse into my quiet education, he's inviting me to a lesson I know well and sort of excel at, his ideas are pretty good here. Where I surpass my teacher is applying these insights to current events. I am more "spiritual" than him, he believes it's all calculated by secret societies of writers pushing 22, I think God just uses writers as his tool to dispensing his secret wisdom that ties a lot of shit together to make for golden insight. Strange that Evan is bringing up alchemy, he doesn't really know what it is.

Last edited:
Kali is trending on cheezburger:

h7846CC8D

h7862070B

godess-kali-1+(1).gif

Miley doesn't channel Kali as elegantly. She licked off her makeup. :p

1549458_1582101121837786_1988609021_n.jpg

Being pregnant (with mind babies) and alone trended this year. :D

ku-xlarge.jpg

11675168666_68b734ec43_c.jpg

The Rose Parade has always been a big deal in my family. I got this fancy new LYTROS camera for Christmas with a ridiculous depth of field I want to go test out on some floats tonight, but I kinda just want to take some NyQuil and sleep, I have a cold kicking my ass.

Floats in the dark. THey smelled so beautiful. This was in Irwindale, there was quite a crowd to see them off on their way to the parade, families who worked on them madly over the past week. Mostly Spanish speaking would cheer and holler. Apples kept falling off, they weren't glued down enough.

Stella Rosa Winery
11679602923_81eb2abb56_z.jpg

They have to stop and fit the bigger ones under the light poles.
11679720494_8424fc8db7_z.jpg

THe best float tonight, the K9 training one. A LOT of dog and cat floats, I'm just posting the clearer pictures, I didn't use my fancy camera, they were moving too fast.

11679347725_6135398737_z.jpg

Kaiser Permanente, this one is a rather huge float.

11680133156_c2d9dd6a16_z.jpg

Underground Service Alert, a float for the company you call before you dig so you don't bust a gas line. This is my personal favorite GREAT photo since the dog is dozing Carl's Jr in the background.

11680131536_95e3a0a40a_z.jpg

I think this was a city float, they make those portraits out of seeds!

11679341615_80a71df0fc_z.jpg

Sea World, the most hyped float since PETA is boycotting it, they had AT LEAT 14 cops surrounding it. An apple fell off that one too. THe orcas were covered in plastic I think in case people throw shit on it, I hope not. Families work so hard on these floats. I mean I understand boycott's but don't sabotage art. The Orca's might agree.

11680127376_350959eb06_z.jpg

And finally the float the gay couple are getting married on tomorrow.

11680125126_7cd9a59475_z.jpg

Okay I'm off to go bowling. :D

Last edited:
oswald-wirth-tarot-10-la-roue-de-fortune-the-wheel-of-fortune.jpg

It's not scary at the top when the sphinx was basically your baby sitter. ;)

Back
Top Bottom