Symbolic Stuff Nobody Gives a Crap About

Re: Symbolic Stuff Nobody Give a Crap About

My only choices here are Farside, Hermann and Get Fuzzy. I never pick Get Fuzzy because I think the cat is a dick.

Everyone should read Mutts. It;s pretty much the best cartoon strip of all time. Next to Chas Addams.

Thanks for your compliment, I do appreciate it. :o Most people pass me off.

I think the old Snow White comics were pretty funny too. :D

tumblr_lmgh3eJ9m71qzma4ho1_500.png

You're welcome. I guess that is their loss.

I think the old Snow White comics were pretty funny too. :D

tumblr_lmgh3eJ9m71qzma4ho1_500.png

You're welcome. I guess that is their loss.

:D HA-larious.

Well it's always nice when someone 1500 miles away randomly thinks of you.

But you know, I named myself after the XTC album, not the old person's car.

I named myself after a bottle of water, not some fortune-telling old man, but that's not what people think. :D

I like this thread :thumb:

Hey Viva, I have an honest question for you. Since you seem to be quite skilled in the fine art of being a forum nuisance (I wouldn't go so far as to call you a troll since you also present a sincere and honest side of your interest in music and Morrissey, but maybe you're an excellent troll elsewhere) I wonder if you can give me a WWVHD? to the following scenario?

Say you are in a longterm flamewar with someone. Then say out of nowhere this girl comes along and confesses her undying love to you for this person you've been at battle with for years. She tells you all kinds of secrets and that she's too shy to talk to or initiate communication with your rival. You have a tepid interest in her but only as a sort of curosity and you know that your rival would LOVE this info as you know he's basically a gamer who sits at home alone masturbating all day to anime and would like the company of a human girl. Do you be the better man and share this information with your rival? Or do you string her along for the entertainment of watching pathetic emotion unfurl and perhaps some day extinguish?

This is purely hypothetical, I don't have a crush on Skylarker. :D It's more for this mythology I'm studying, but your personaliy fits that of the person holding the winning cards.

I'm not good enough?

You're pretty cute. Just not ammunition for the ULTIMATE PWN!!!111!!!1!!

It's OK, I wouldn't have a crush on me either.

Geez, with that attitude I'm starting to develop a crush on you. :p

Let it blossom while it still can.

Tease me with your self-loathing. Just put the tip in, just a lil bit.

Hey Viva, I have an honest question for you. Since you seem to be quite skilled in the fine art of being a forum nuisance (I wouldn't go so far as to call you a troll since you also present a sincere and honest side of your interest in music and Morrissey, but maybe you're an excellent troll elsewhere) I wonder if you can give me a WWVHD? to the following scenario?

Say you are in a longterm flamewar with someone. Then say out of nowhere this girl comes along and confesses her undying love to you for this person you've been at battle with for years. She tells you all kinds of secrets and that she's too shy to talk to or initiate communication with your rival. You have a tepid interest in her but only as a sort of curosity and you know that your rival would LOVE this info as you know he's basically a gamer who sits at home alone masturbating all day to anime and would like the company of a human girl. Do you be the better man and share this information with your rival? Or do you string her along for the entertainment of watching pathetic emotion unfurl and perhaps some day extinguish?

I would do neither...because it isn't my business. I don't take this site or the people on it as seriously as they seem to take themselves AND what I have to say. In fact, the only person I actually HATE on this site is Robby, and that is because he was a complete psychopath who revealed personal information about two users...for example, if the search option on here went back as far as 2006, I could clearly show you where he revealed information publicly on the forum, given to him in confidence, about one member's brother being ill and dying and another user who was sexually molested as a pre-teen. To me, that is unforgivable and as low as you can get...which is why I still hate him 5 years later. So, if you want to know what I'd do in the case of Robby, I would let the girl be strung along because frankly, he doesn't deserve any happiness out of life...

Also, I don't think Skylarker masturbates to anime ALL day...he has to eat at some point. ;)

This is purely hypothetical, I don't have a crush on Skylarker.

What does Skylarker have to do with this? Are you insinuating that he and I are engaged in a longterm flamewar? :lbf: As if...

:D It's more for this mythology I'm studying, but your personaliy fits that of the person holding the winning cards.

I hope you were satisfied with that answer.

THat was a pretty good answer. It sounds like you'd help with the exception of it being someone who has betrayed your confidence. "I could've dragged you in, guilt by implication, by association, I've always been true to you..." That kind of person you might help. I'm not saing Morrissey himself, just that voice, that attitude. Right?

Skylarker, I thought of you because my dad talked to me about a Buick Skylark.

Ha ha ha ha ha......Oh that is so funny. I love that!

This is purely hypothetical, I don't have a crush on Skylarker. :D It's more for this mythology I'm studying, but your personaliy fits that of the person holding the winning cards.

Fwa ha ha ". She tells you all kinds of secrets and that she's too shy to talk to or initiate communication with your rival. You have a tepid interest in her but only as a sort of curosity and you know that your rival would LOVE this info as you know he's basically a gamer who sits at home alone masturbating all day to anime and would like the company of a human girl. Thanks CG. You always come up with the goods.

I went out with a friend yesterday who is the only person I toldmy fairy tale version of being Morrissey's soulmate too. I don't know why I did it so many years ago. Maybe I wanted to tell one person instead of keeping it all to myself, it was even before I toyed with the idea of mentioning it here. Im not syre why I picked her, she is a realist. She diesnt believe in fantastical ideas or miracles or God fir that matter. Everything can be explained. We were having lunch at Panera that day and I had just seen a lovely sign that made me so happy, I wanted to aware it with someone. "See, he's listening. We're on the same wavelength, we fight a similar battle." I'm not a poet, it was like my chance to share with someone the thought encapsulated Black Cloud or Life Is A Pigsty bur sitting across the table from a friend talking about androgynes. She listened and nodded her head and pretended it was all very romantic and interesting, I guess that's what I needed at the time. As the years rolled on and I made promises to let go of my dream and find someone real, (Understand that part if my dream is not selfish, I thought Morrissey was beckoning me to help him not be alone. I was looking for "my kind" andakl the signs pointed to him that he was that kind and looking for this, me. I thought my waiting was helping him.) she would do things like say "Why don't you date people with the promise in your head that if Mirrissey comes along, you'll leave whoever you're dating? Or di things like decide at the last minute nit to go to the bar but to stay home and "Watch a video!" and the only video to watch would be a documentary about a crazy guy who stalked Tiffany and thought she was his soulmate. Anyway, I told her today about Morrissey wearing the f*** Morrissey-solo shirt. I have never seen such a wave of pure happiness wash over anyone's face. :( I was wrong and she was right. Then she feigned concern and I played along "Yeah if that's not a sign to get my shit together..." she then extolled the virtues of an online dating service I should try.

It was all very depressing. On top if a ton of other false signs. Long day. I hate when the "How does that make you feel that the man you thought was listening never was." argument happens.

I feel bad about something. I alluded to Morrissey being a puppet the other day. I want to make clear that I hate the concept of puppetry and masks. I just got frustrated at the Mexico announcement. There are a lot of dark things coming to fruition in Mexico, when a drug cartel is involved, there's no telling what will happen. I just fear, based on personal experience, that putting Morrissey in danger is considered "fun and exciting" to those who play a bigger game of puppet master in order to obtain stickers for their symbolic sticker collection. It's hard to explain. I just worry sometimes. :o So maybe touring Mexico lines up just right and it seems like a great extension of Goodwill towards people who love, love, love him, but in the bigger picture, it seems like a potential nightmare of martyrdom or something. I guess part of my freakout factor was due to te fact that te announcement came on a darker day. It means someting that the Evil Empire scores three GRANDslams on the day I have mental meltdown. Then again I am just insane, so...

My point is Morrissey is not a puppet so much as extremely influencible by the tides of the cosmos, and I just want him safe. :o I'm sure I'll get over it.

I'd feel WAY better about the whole ting if I were there. :D

220px-Isis.svg.png

Okay, so I know I keep yammering on about Isis but she's a concept I feel is very important, her baubles and accoutrements are kind of everpresent and making a comeback. Portlandia made fun of birds on their show, a bird sitting on a perch is the basic outline of an ankh (pay attention to how that word sounds) which is the key she holds. Log into Etsy or go into any trendy boutique and look at all the graphic birds sitting on a stick, they are Isis's ankhs sneaking their way into culture, she's saying "I'm baaaack and I'm looking for my Osiris!!!!!" Another interesting phenomenon, at least in Los Angeles, is the depiction of her crown though architecture. It's like God's version of a three-dimensional permanent crop circle. Her crown is so important because it's what she uses to make phonecalls to God. The city of Glendale has a TON of them for some reason, stepped buildings that recall her crown. There's something mystical about that area, the stretch from Burbank to Pasadena, it just feels...different. I say this as a walking tuning rod to oddness.
2221275891_9e6a4c177b.jpg

Anyway, in case anyone cares, on the freeway trip to The Fox in Pomona, you'll spy a single stepped building in the middle of a wasteland of car dealerships and strip malls. It the Wells Fargo building off of Barranca. (;) Say it slowly, Bar ankh aaaaa.) It's kind of fun to spot this stuff, just thought any other sorta crazies out there would dig it. :o
xy_ADE47A4A-D6DD-4DBE-A13B-FF0B87BFCADD__.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom