this site is so hypocrtical

Re: The negativity on this site is terrible

We have people on this site that feel Morrissey should have hung up his mic right after the Smiths first album! LOL.

Who cares what people think. As long as you feel the music still speaks to you. Enjoy. The site is still valuable if only for
checking up on news and of course, the concert reports, which will sure be a hoot.

And the blind worship from you, and others, for all the years you've been here is just plain sad. Why are you here if all you do is kiss his ass? How many times can you compliment the same things over and over again and fawn over his hair? Evidently as many times as I can bash them...so your point is what? You don't like what I have to say, and others who agree that his musical output for the last 5 years has been shit, so you want me gone? What world do you live in where things work that way? Fantasy Land?! Get over yourself and deal with it...

No People are entitled to an opinion whether it's the same as mine or not. But why come to a fan site if all your going to do is moan. I wouldn't go on a forum of say Metallica and just moan and constantly call them shit, why, cause I don't like Metallica.

We have people on this site that feel Morrissey should have hung up his mic right after the Smiths first album! LOL.

Who cares what people think. As long as you feel the music still speaks to you. Enjoy. The site is still valuable if only for
checking up on news and of course, the concert reports, which will sure be a hoot.

Exactly. :clap:

(I have listened to the songs a number of times now and I love all three of them. And the LALAs.)

No People are entitled to an opinion whether it's the same as mine or not. But why come to a fan site if all your going to do is moan. I wouldn't go on a forum of say Metallica and just moan and constantly call them shit, why, cause I don't like Metallica.

You somehow fail to realize that hating an artist's recent output does not equal hating the artist...

You somehow fail to realize that hating an artist's recent output does not equal hating the artist...

But all you seem to do is bang on about How Jesse isn't marr or whyte, which I agree he isn't but. Just negativity all the time from you and other members

You gotta remember something, too. Morrissey was heavily criticized by the English Smith fans from the beginning. Whether it was his voice, or his opinions or the way he dressed. I think next to David Lee Roth, he had to be the most disliked frontman in the world and this site is innundated with old Smith fans. I'm a Smith fan in the minority who really was fasinated with Morrissey, his voice and his words.

But when he went solo; that's when our boy had something to prove. Now I look back and can appreciate his progression. His voice is stronger. The lyrics are more succinct. Just when you think he should be slowing down, he's actually getting louder.

I think next to David Lee Roth, he had to be the most disliked frontman in the world

Nonsense! Everybody loves Diamond Dave!

It's Sammy Hagar everyone hates...

I miss Worm. Alot.
:straightface:

Sorry y'all, but Moz needs to hear ~the truth~ about his music from his fans.

I like how it's our fault these three songs are terrible. I come here for the odd download and see if there any interesting local events on. Sometimes I like to see if there are any interesting debates but it would appear we all should just unite and agree Morrissey has never written a duff lyric or released a poor song.

This site is fast becoming a morrissey hate site,

all the negativity over the 3 new songs, lighten up, they are much better than any of the crap that is churned out as music today. Okay they may not be up to the high standards of Suedehead or Hand in Glove but they are much much better than the likes of Gaga and the x factor types.

if you don't like the new stuff or morrissey, as it would seem from some people on here then why are you here?

You have to remember people have been following Morrissey for decades, while he was showing the world real genius, through the smiths years, viva hate, on with arsenal and the perfect vauxhall and I. He could complain about drivel others pumped out and hold his head high. So as his own output has deteriorated, and it has, these people who have convinced themselves this time we'll get another classic stayed up till the wee small hours ,or roused themselves at daft o'clock for those on foreign shores, probably don't have a right to expect anything, but you can't blame them for being dissapointed when met with such dross.

It's wrong to say don't come here if you don't like his new stuff, if blackburn rovers get relagated next year will you stop going to games, or support them non the less. More importantly will you be calling those who stop attending, and will you like having to visit burnley and watford rather than arsenal and united, no you won't but you'll still be there.

It's unfortunate he seems to have nothing to say anymore the most important things in a fifty year old millionaires life don't make for classic output, he's happy to tread water it seems.

You gotta remember something, too. Morrissey was heavily criticized by the English Smith fans from the beginning. Whether it was his voice, or his opinions or the way he dressed. I think next to David Lee Roth, he had to be the most disliked frontman in the world and this site is innundated with old Smith fans. I'm a Smith fan in the minority who really was fasinated with Morrissey, his voice and his words.

But when he went solo; that's when our boy had something to prove. Now I look back and can appreciate his progression. His voice is stronger. The lyrics are more succinct. Just when you think he should be slowing down, he's actually getting louder.

This. Thank you for wording that so perfectly.

The truth is only positive things...didn't you know?

THat's not my issue with it all, I just think that the stupider people like to follow,and when the first post is not a constructive critcal analysis but rather a shit throwing stampede of soul crushing remarks, that mentality spreads lik wildfire. It's fine not to likea song. It's not fine to use not liking a song as a platform to be a dickhead. I'm not accusing you of doing this, I'm just noticing it's a pattern here and the positive comments get swallowed up by th opportunity to use Morrissey as a punching bag. It gets old.

they are much better than any of the crap that is churned out as music today.

This is simply not true. There is loads of great music out there, and if Morrissey were singing in front of better music these songs could work. But instead we get the same tired heavy chugging 90s dross.

It works, I'd say, about half the time -- which is about the number of songs (half) that I've liked on his last three albums.

So why keep listening? Because I'm always interested in hearing a new Morrissey song, think his singing is great etc... but give us an acoustic song, or keep the piano going in Action and sing over that... just go back to basics for a bit and quit allowing poor songwriting and lack of melody (in the guitars) to be covered up by distortion.

I don't think it's "negativity" to want an extremely talented singer to try something new.

THat's not my issue with it all, I just think that the stupider people like to follow,and when the first post is not a constructive critcal analysis but rather a shit throwing stampede of soul crushing remarks, that mentality spreads lik wildfire. It's fine not to likea song. It's not fine to use not liking a song as a platform to be a dickhead. I'm not accusing you of doing this, I'm just noticing it's a pattern here and the positive comments get swallowed up by th opportunity to use Morrissey as a punching bag. It gets old.

So, you're saying a majority of forum users are stupid and don't have a mind of their own and just follow suit with whatever the first poster says and does? Gotcha.

The reason the positive comments are being "swallowed up" is because the majority of the people on this forum who have heard these songs think they are trash...and the majority of us are SICK of this kind of trash from Morrissey. It almost sounds like you're asking the majority of people to stop expressing their disdain simply so you few who like the songs can have a chance to be seen by one another...but that CAN'T be what you're saying...because that would just be silly now, wouldn't it?

So, you're saying a majority of forum users are stupid and don't have a mind of their own and just follow suit with whatever the first poster says and does? Gotcha.

The reason the positive comments are being "swallowed up" is because the majority of the people on this forum who have heard these songs think they are trash...and the majority of us are SICK of this kind of trash from Morrissey. It almost sounds like you're asking the majority of people to stop expressing their disdain simply so you few who like the songs can have a chance to be seen by one another...but that CAN'T be what you're saying...because that would just be silly now, wouldn't it?

Trash? Really? What are you, his drill sargaent?

I support constructive criticism and disdain shit stirring. THat is all.

Trash? Really? What are you, his drill sargaent?

I support constructive criticism and disdain shit stirring. THat is all.

No, I'm just one of many people who have been keeping him fed and housed for the last 30 years with my money...who are you?

While I do wish he would go off and produce some lush arrangements with Morricone or someone and pour his heart out, if that's not what he wants to do then so be it. I'd rather he did this music than try and force something he doesn't want to do. I quite like the new songs, would prefer more of a development but much prefer him staying natural to what he wants to do. People are talking as if Morrissey has some sort of duty to do what they want rather than what he wants. It's a shame it's not what most of us are looking for but it is what it is, take it or leave it. You don't have to listen.

While I do wish he would go off and produce some lush arrangements with Morricone or someone and pour his heart out, if that's not what he wants to do then so be it. I'd rather he did this music than try and force something he doesn't want to do. I quite like the new songs, would prefer more of a development but much prefer him staying natural to what he wants to do. People are talking as if Morrissey has some sort of duty to do what they want rather than what he wants. It's a shame it's not what most of us are looking for but it is what it is, take it or leave it. You don't have to listen.

Perfect.

Tags
album hypocrite morrisey ringleaders the smiths
Back
Top Bottom