Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 160

Thread: Bad Youtube Covers of Morrissey/The Smiths

  1. #1
    peace is for pussies !Viva Hate!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    13,863
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 262
    Given: 61

    Default Bad Youtube Covers of Morrissey/The Smiths

    If you come across a really bad Smiths or Morrissey cover on Youtube, please post it here.



    0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    peace is for pussies !Viva Hate!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    13,863
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 262
    Given: 61

    Default Re: Bad Youtube Covers of Morrissey/The Smiths

    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarker View Post
    Christ in a sidecar I don't even need to PLAY that one to know it's bad.
    But it's better if you do.

    0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    peace is for pussies !Viva Hate!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    13,863
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 262
    Given: 61

    Default Re: Bad Youtube Covers of Morrissey/The Smiths

    I also found a REALLY BAD Smiths cover here:


    0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Standard Model modrevolve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    3,333
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 3

    Default Re: Bad Youtube Covers of Morrissey/The Smiths


    0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    peace is for pussies !Viva Hate!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    13,863
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 262
    Given: 61

    Default Re: Bad Youtube Covers of Morrissey/The Smiths

    Quote Originally Posted by modrevolve View Post


    That is absolutely awful!
    I wonder how many of the people who do these covers are members of this site? Lol.

    0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    peace is for pussies !Viva Hate!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    13,863
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 262
    Given: 61

    Default Re: Bad Youtube Covers of Morrissey/The Smiths

    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarker View Post
    Oh Christ that was funny.
    The title showing up on the video pretty much ruins the joke...I hate Youtube for doing that.

    0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    DAVIE
    Guest

    Default Re: Bad Youtube Covers of Morrissey/The Smiths

    I think this thread will start to upset people....It's not truly kind.

    0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Go failure! KenzieW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,284
    Blog Entries
    9
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Bad Youtube Covers of Morrissey/The Smiths

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVIE View Post
    I think this thread will start to upset people....It's not truly kind.
    Yes. I feel guilty for my last post.

    0 Not allowed!
    Excuse me, I am making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up. - The Doctor

  9. #9
    DAVIE
    Guest

    Default Re: Bad Youtube Covers of Morrissey/The Smiths

    Quote Originally Posted by !Viva Hate! View Post
    I also found a REALLY BAD Smiths cover here:

    Now THAT I ****ING agree on!

    0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    peace is for pussies !Viva Hate!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    13,863
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 262
    Given: 61

    Default Re: Bad Youtube Covers of Morrissey/The Smiths

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVIE View Post
    I think this thread will start to upset people....It's not truly kind.
    Awww.

    0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    My secret's my enzyme. CrystalGeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Azusa Adjacent
    Posts
    26,538
    Blog Entries
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 135
    Given: 67

    Default Re: Bad Youtube Covers of Morrissey/The Smiths

    Quote Originally Posted by KenzieW View Post
    Yes. I feel guilty for my last post.
    But your analysis was perfect, it was like he had never heard the song.

    But Davie's right. I love listening to covers but there are some nitpicky bastards on here.

    0 Not allowed!



    Quote Originally Posted by !Viva Hate! View Post
    Maybe Geezer can give us advice seeing as she is an upstanding citizen in her community, trusted confidant to her friends, is extremely intelligent and properly educated, & just generally has her shit together in ways we could never hope to?

  12. #12
    Senior Citizen Discount Franissey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    850
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Bad Youtube Covers of Morrissey/The Smiths

    This is like checking the obituaries to see if my name is there.

    0 Not allowed!

    He's holding my hand!

  13. #13
    Senior Member Raphael Lambach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    an off-world colony
    Posts
    3,400
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

    Default Re: Bad Youtube Covers of Morrissey/The Smiths

    Quote Originally Posted by modrevolve View Post
    For Christ's sake. It's terrible. Is this guy a Soloer? I don't hope so.

    0 Not allowed!
    "Those who murder language are not pure" - Camus

    http://www.parana-online.com.br/colunistas/367/

  14. #14
    Dave
    Guest

    Default Re: Bad Youtube Covers of Morrissey/The Smiths

    These are fans showing that they "love" Morrissey (or whatever they're showing, it doesn't matter) and it should be judged that way?

    Say that you are with a friend or acquaintance and they pick up a guitar and play a rough attempt at Sunny or whatever. I imagine that you'd be pretty forgiving and glad to hear it, just for fun. It didn't happen spontaneously, they had to work on it a while, and they probably would like some sort of, if not encouragement, then kindness, as Davie puts it.

    I see this as being the same thing. It's a tribute and it's informal. It's like folk music, the song is there in basic form but everyone puts their own spin on it. It's about the emotional release or expression and simply participating.

    I was going to say that it's not like they are promoting themselves as a professional act but even if they were, they would find out eventually if that's possible. Some of them probably are not as good as they think they are, but some might be better. Some might be internalizing the things they learn from copying Morrissey's songs and write some of their own.

    I just hate people being discouraged from doing their thing. There are better targets to mock than amateur musicians unless it's Paris Hilton.

    0 Not allowed!

  15. #15
    My secret's my enzyme. CrystalGeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Azusa Adjacent
    Posts
    26,538
    Blog Entries
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 135
    Given: 67

    Default Re: Bad Youtube Covers of Morrissey/The Smiths

    Quote Originally Posted by Franissey View Post
    This is like checking the obituaries to see if my name is there.
    I will punch them in the face, Franissey.

    0 Not allowed!



    Quote Originally Posted by !Viva Hate! View Post
    Maybe Geezer can give us advice seeing as she is an upstanding citizen in her community, trusted confidant to her friends, is extremely intelligent and properly educated, & just generally has her shit together in ways we could never hope to?

  16. #16
    My secret's my enzyme. CrystalGeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Azusa Adjacent
    Posts
    26,538
    Blog Entries
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 135
    Given: 67

    Default Re: Bad Youtube Covers of Morrissey/The Smiths

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    These are fans showing that they "love" Morrissey (or whatever they're showing, it doesn't matter) and it should be judged that way?

    Say that you are with a friend or acquaintance and they pick up a guitar and play a rough attempt at Sunny or whatever. I imagine that you'd be pretty forgiving and glad to hear it, just for fun. It didn't happen spontaneously, they had to work on it a while, and they probably would like some sort of, if not encouragement, then kindness, as Davie puts it.

    I see this as being the same thing. It's a tribute and it's informal. It's like folk music, the song is there in basic form but everyone puts their own spin on it. It's about the emotional release or expression and simply participating.

    I was going to say that it's not like they are promoting themselves as a professional act but even if they were, they would find out eventually if that's possible. Some of them probably are not as good as they think they are, but some might be better. Some might be internalizing the things they learn from copying Morrissey's songs and write some of their own.

    I just hate people being discouraged from doing their thing. There are better targets to mock than amateur musicians unless it's Paris Hilton.
    Perfectly put.

    0 Not allowed!



    Quote Originally Posted by !Viva Hate! View Post
    Maybe Geezer can give us advice seeing as she is an upstanding citizen in her community, trusted confidant to her friends, is extremely intelligent and properly educated, & just generally has her shit together in ways we could never hope to?

  17. #17
    Senior Member Raphael Lambach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    an off-world colony
    Posts
    3,400
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

    Default Re: Bad Youtube Covers of Morrissey/The Smiths

    Quote Originally Posted by !Viva Hate! View Post
    If you come across a really bad Smiths or Morrissey cover on Youtube, please post it here.


    I don't guess it's bad. It's good.
    Bad is VH's signature.

    0 Not allowed!
    "Those who murder language are not pure" - Camus

    http://www.parana-online.com.br/colunistas/367/

  18. #18
    peace is for pussies !Viva Hate!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    13,863
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 262
    Given: 61

    Default Re: Bad Youtube Covers of Morrissey/The Smiths

    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Lambach View Post
    I don't guess it's bad. It's good.
    Bad is VH's signature.
    Your face is bad, you bumbaclot bloodclot.

    0 Not allowed!

  19. #19
    peace is for pussies !Viva Hate!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    13,863
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 262
    Given: 61

    Default Re: Bad Youtube Covers of Morrissey/The Smiths

    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarker View Post
    Why is she singing in a white limbo? And why is the Viva Hate vinyl displayed on some satiny display, like it's a wake or something?
    Because it's a memorial service in memory of Morrissey's career, of course...

    0 Not allowed!

  20. #20
    peace is for pussies !Viva Hate!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    13,863
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 262
    Given: 61

    Default Re: Bad Youtube Covers of Morrissey/The Smiths

    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarker View Post
    C'mon, dude. It looks like she's pooping in the thumbnail. And in a way, she is.
    I'm pooping as I type this...and Jeff Goldblum is watching me.

    0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Morrissey youtube covers
    By Patrick! in forum Fans / Introductions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: April 27, 2011, 07:42 PM
  2. Metric covers Elliott Smith’s “Between The Bars” (youtube video)
    By The Seeker of Good Songs in forum Other Music archive (read-only)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 16, 2010, 07:07 PM
  3. Covers on youtube
    By TheFirstLostLady in forum General Discussion archive 2009 (read-only)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: April 19, 2009, 07:31 PM
  4. More Adventures in Bad Morrissey/Smiths Covers in Bizarre Places
    By moz'art girl in forum General Discussion archive 2008 (read-only)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 29, 2008, 06:46 PM
  5. Morrissey/Smiths covers
    By hatfull in forum General Discussion archive 2006 (read-only)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: September 19, 2006, 10:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •