Why did this thread get moved?

DavidT:

Do you agree with your mods merging this thread about a breaking news article containing brand new quotes from Mike Joyce into an old and dead thread about Tweets from Mike Joyce?

A person browsing the forum will not know that there's a breaking news item with brand new quotes within a stale old thread.

I don't know if I stepped on anyone's toes by scooping the main news page. I thought it was something people would wanna see and discuss in the General Discussion forum.

BTW, I hope you're holding up well after that cruel blow from Morrissey the other day. I've already gone on record in support of SoLow despite my problems with the forum and some of its mods. The forum is not the main reason SoLow exists. That said, it's queer that when someone tries to post a legit thread to help the forum out it gets instantly sabotaged. Shouldn't the mods act more grateful towards those trying to save the forum in the wake of Morrissey urging us all to leave?

UPDATE: Nevermind. Someone kindly restored the thread. Thanks!

They didn't restore the lightbulb and "NEWS" icons I had on there, however. But I'm satisfied. :)

Last edited:
DavidT:

Do you agree with your mods merging this thread about a breaking news article containing brand new quotes from Mike Joyce into an old and dead thread about Tweets from Mike Joyce?

A person browsing the forum will not know that there's a breaking news item with brand new quotes within a stale old thread.

I don't know if I stepped on anyone's toes by scooping the main news page. I thought it was something people would wanna see and discuss in the General Discussion forum.

BTW, I hope you're holding up well after that cruel blow from Morrissey the other day. I've already gone on record in support of SoLow despite my problems with the forum and some of its mods. The forum is not the main reason SoLow exists. That said, it's queer that when someone tries to post a legit thread to help the forum out it gets instantly sabotaged. Shouldn't the mods act more grateful towards those trying to save the forum in the wake of Morrissey urging us all to leave?

UPDATE: Nevermind. Someone kindly restored the thread. Thanks!

They didn't restore the lightbulb and "NEWS" icons I had on there, however. But I'm satisfied. :)

Yes I agree, I didn't think it should be moved in the first place and after discussion it was moved back. Thanks for the link and for voicing your thoughts about the merge.

Back
Top Bottom