Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Just One Song "You Must Please Remember"

  1. #1
    Dave
    Guest

    Default Just One Song "You Must Please Remember"


    0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Just One Song "You Must Please Remember"

    the "great excluded" (the only song from 1988-1997 not included on compilations and reissues).

    thank you!

    0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    A sultan of swing. Skylarker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,547
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 172
    Given: 20

    Default Re: Just One Song "You Must Please Remember"

    That's a great song from the get go, but the last minute or so is amazing.

    0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    133
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Just One Song "You Must Please Remember"

    Quote Originally Posted by silvertears75 View Post
    the "great excluded" (the only song from 1988-1997 not included on compilations and reissues).

    thank you!
    yep but the boy racer live tracks have been excluded too...

    0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Just One Song "You Must Please Remember"

    Quote Originally Posted by smiths22 View Post
    yep but the boy racer live tracks have been excluded too...
    Right!

    0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    moz-solo is a flat circle !Viva Hate!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,191
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 461
    Given: 137

    Default Re: Just One Song "You Must Please Remember"

    Quote Originally Posted by smiths22 View Post
    yep but the boy racer live tracks have been excluded too...
    Quote Originally Posted by silvertears75 View Post
    Right!
    Because they shouldn't be re-issued.

    0 Not allowed!
    phil my nutz

  7. #7
    DAVIE
    Guest

    Default Re: Just One Song "You Must Please Remember"

    Quote Originally Posted by silvertears75 View Post
    the "great excluded" (the only song from 1988-1997 not included on compilations and reissues).

    thank you!
    I absolutely agree with this...It's just as underated as At Amber/The Bed Took Fire

    0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    133
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Just One Song "You Must Please Remember"

    Quote Originally Posted by !Viva Hate! View Post
    Because they shouldn't be re-issued.
    are we talking about Mozz?? everything is reissued! sooner or later... i can see it coming Morrissey - The Very best of the live b sides....

    0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    DAVIE
    Guest

    Default Re: Just One Song "You Must Please Remember"

    Quote Originally Posted by smiths22 View Post
    everything is reissued!
    apart from Smiths stuff...grrrr.... *howls*

    0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    moz-solo is a flat circle !Viva Hate!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,191
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 461
    Given: 137

    Default Re: Just One Song "You Must Please Remember"

    Quote Originally Posted by smiths22 View Post
    are we talking about Mozz?? everything is reissued! sooner or later... i can see it coming Morrissey - The Very best of the live b sides....
    I know...it is rather unfortunate. I hear he is going to be reissuing 'Years of Refusal' in a few months newly remastered with "Sorry Doesn't Help" removed and the demo for "Kit" put in it's place.

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVIE View Post
    apart from Smiths stuff...grrrr.... *howls*
    If he was getting a check from it, he wouldn't be raising such a stink about every Smiths release.

    0 Not allowed!
    phil my nutz

  11. #11
    DAVIE
    Guest

    Default Re: Just One Song "You Must Please Remember"

    Quote Originally Posted by !Viva Hate! View Post
    If he was getting a check from it, he wouldn't be raising such a stink about every Smiths release.
    I'd be annoyed if I didn't get money for the best stuff I wrote, I guess...

    0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    moz-solo is a flat circle !Viva Hate!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,191
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 461
    Given: 137

    Default Re: Just One Song "You Must Please Remember"

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVIE View Post
    I'd be annoyed if I didn't get money for the best stuff I wrote, I guess...
    If he didn't skip out on a court ruling he wouldn't have this problem...the money Joyce has made from Morrissey's royalties far outweighs the initial amount he was owed.

    0 Not allowed!
    phil my nutz

  13. #13
    DAVIE
    Guest

    Default Re: Just One Song "You Must Please Remember"

    Quote Originally Posted by !Viva Hate! View Post
    If he didn't skip out on a court ruling he wouldn't have this problem...the money Joyce has made from Morrissey's royalties far outweighs the initial amount he was owed.
    Well that's Morrissey and money for you...still, he's rich.

    0 Not allowed!

  14. #14
    moz-solo is a flat circle !Viva Hate!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,191
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 461
    Given: 137

    Default Re: Just One Song "You Must Please Remember"

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVIE View Post
    Well that's Morrissey and money for you...still, he's rich.
    He would be a lot richer if he were getting Smiths royalties...which arguably earn more than his solo career.

    0 Not allowed!
    phil my nutz

  15. #15
    DAVIE
    Guest

    Default Re: Just One Song "You Must Please Remember"

    Quote Originally Posted by !Viva Hate! View Post
    He would be a lot richer if he were getting Smiths royalties...which arguably earn more than his solo career.
    Is Johnny Marr or Rourke getting any royalties?

    0 Not allowed!

  16. #16
    moz-solo is a flat circle !Viva Hate!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,191
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 461
    Given: 137

    Default Re: Just One Song "You Must Please Remember"

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVIE View Post
    Is Johnny Marr or Rourke getting any royalties?
    Marr gets his...I don't know about Rourke...I think Rourke took a settlement if I recall correctly.

    0 Not allowed!
    phil my nutz

  17. #17
    DAVIE
    Guest

    Default Re: Just One Song "You Must Please Remember"

    Quote Originally Posted by !Viva Hate! View Post
    Marr gets his...I don't know about Rourke...I think Rourke took a settlement if I recall correctly.
    Hmm, wonder what Rourke got.....stupid Morrissey, it's his own fault! Glad Marr is getting his pocket money from somewhere

    0 Not allowed!

  18. #18
    moz-solo is a flat circle !Viva Hate!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,191
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 461
    Given: 137

    Default Re: Just One Song "You Must Please Remember"

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVIE View Post
    Hmm, wonder what Rourke got.....stupid Morrissey, it's his own fault! Glad Marr is getting his pocket money from somewhere
    Yeah, I certainly don't think his tenure in Modest Mouse or The Cribs payed the rent. Lol.

    0 Not allowed!
    phil my nutz

  19. #19
    DAVIE
    Guest

    Default Re: Just One Song "You Must Please Remember"

    Quote Originally Posted by !Viva Hate! View Post
    Yeah, I certainly don't think his tenure in Modest Mouse or The Cribs payed the rent. Lol.
    hahahaha, he probably spent a lot of it on drug money
    I can never think of Marr stoned!

    0 Not allowed!

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    133
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Just One Song "You Must Please Remember"

    Quote Originally Posted by !Viva Hate! View Post
    I know...it is rather unfortunate. I hear he is going to be reissuing 'Years of Refusal' in a few months newly remastered with "Sorry Doesn't Help" removed and the demo for "Kit" put in it's place.
    .
    he wants to be number 1 at the top of the charts still...

    0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. You Must Please Remember
    By John979797 in forum Downloads / Bootlegs archive 2006 (read-only)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 14, 2006, 08:43 AM
  2. You Must Please Remember
    By S. Whiteside in forum General Discussion archive 2006 (read-only)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 3, 2006, 10:58 AM
  3. Mozza's You Must Please Remember is quite similar to Rent by Pet Shop Boys
    By dazzak in forum General Discussion archive 2005 (read-only)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: November 8, 2005, 03:17 PM
  4. "You Must Please Remember": help needed!
    By Money Changes Everything in forum General Discussion archive 2004 (read-only)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 31, 2004, 04:40 PM
  5. YOU MUST PLEASE REMEMBER!!!
    By MITCH in forum General Discussion archive 2000 (read-only)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 5, 2000, 12:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •