5th august:eindhoven/netherlands

YES!
I got the tickets for my birthday, and they'll come by the post.
SO people, if you see a girl being really excited and an older woman with way too big black clothes walking behind her, that's me and my mum XD

Do you people know if you get to hear where you sit? Or can you choose for yourself?

It's free seating/standing, so you can choose yourself.

I'm going to fly over for this one with a few friends from England, so I hope I don't have a repeat of The Roundhouse gig and Swindon!

Does Eindhoven have a good nightlife? We were going to fly in Thursday and fly back to England on the Sunday, so potentially 3 nights out, Thurs, Fri (after gig) and Saturday.

Enough to keep us occupied?

Many thanks.

Hi! Im Ezequiel, from Argentina. I always read the forum but I wasent registered.
Im flying to Holland on August and I saw this tour date that gives me the oportunity to see a Moz concert! This things doesnt happen very offten in my country (moz was here in 2000 and 2004, but I couldnt go on those opportunities .
I want to buy the tickets from here, could you tell me from which site they send the tickets by mail?

thankssssssssssssssssss you very much
see you on august!

Hi! Im Ezequiel, from Argentina. I always read the forum but I wasent registered.
Im flying to Holland on August and I saw this tour date that gives me the oportunity to see a Moz concert! This things doesnt happen very offten in my country (moz was here in 2000 and 2004, but I couldnt go on those opportunities .
I want to buy the tickets from here, could you tell me from which site they send the tickets by mail?

see you on august!
i suggest doing /arranging box office collection for the case of mails get lost in the post.(sreetickets for example stopped for exact that reason sending out to cities outside the UK) also some of them are sent out on a short notice...

see you on august!

You can print the tickets yourself, they don't have to mail them to you. You get an email with a pdf and then you can print them and bring them.

I'm going to fly over for this one with a few friends from England, so I hope I don't have a repeat of The Roundhouse gig and Swindon!

Does Eindhoven have a good nightlife? We were going to fly in Thursday and fly back to England on the Sunday, so potentially 3 nights out, Thurs, Fri (after gig) and Saturday.

Enough to keep us occupied?

Many thanks.

Eindhoven is okay. It's a pretty ugly city (very industrial), but there are some good places to go out. It does depend on what you like though. I've always liked de Effenaar (www.effenaar.nl), which is like a concert venue where you can go out during the weekends as well. There is a street in Eindhoven with loads of pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants, it's called Stratumseind. I don't particularly like the vibe there on the weekends. Can get pretty nasty. Having said that, I haven't been there in a while, so maybe it's changed.

What might be more attractive to you is the fact that Eindhoven has nighttrains on the weekend to and from cities like Utrecht, Amsterdam, Rotterdam and The Hague. Utrecht is only an hour by train, Amsterdam is 1,5 hours. Trains run all night for normal prices on Friday night and Saturday night. If you need any more info, give me a shout!

Eindhoven is okay. It's a pretty ugly city (very industrial), but there are some good places to go out. It does depend on what you like though. I've always liked de Effenaar (www.effenaar.nl), which is like a concert venue where you can go out during the weekends as well. There is a street in Eindhoven with loads of pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants, it's called Stratumseind. I don't particularly like the vibe there on the weekends. Can get pretty nasty. Having said that, I haven't been there in a while, so maybe it's changed.

What might be more attractive to you is the fact that Eindhoven has nighttrains on the weekend to and from cities like Utrecht, Amsterdam, Rotterdam and The Hague. Utrecht is only an hour by train, Amsterdam is 1,5 hours. Trains run all night for normal prices on Friday night and Saturday night. If you need any more info, give me a shout!

Hey thanks for the advice.

We are going to fly to Eindhoven on the Thurs, I was thinking this plan....

- Thurs (Fly Eindhoven), train to Utrecht or Amsterdam (go out for nightlife) then train back Friday morning/midday
- Fri Back to Eindhoven - Go to bars before gig, go to gig, bars/clubs at night
- Sat stay in Eindhoven - Go to bars/clubs
- Sun fly back

Is there pleanty to do in terms of different bars and clubs in Eindhoven for two nights?

We're into all music, mainly rock and indie, but as long as a club or bar is busy with people we don't mind what music is playing.

Hey thanks for the advice.

We are going to fly to Eindhoven on the Thurs, I was thinking this plan....

- Thurs (Fly Eindhoven), train to Utrecht or Amsterdam (go out for nightlife) then train back Friday morning/midday
- Fri Back to Eindhoven - Go to bars before gig, go to gig, bars/clubs at night
- Sat stay in Eindhoven - Go to bars/clubs
- Sun fly back

Is there pleanty to do in terms of different bars and clubs in Eindhoven for two nights?

We're into all music, mainly rock and indie, but as long as a club or bar is busy with people we don't mind what music is playing.

Yeah, you should be okay for 2 nights. There's an Irish pub attached to the venue where the gig is. Otherwise, on this page you'll find some places that will have live bands or play rock/indie music:

http://www.eindhovenrockcity.nl/category/bedrijven/podia

I really like The Rambler, Aloys and Altstadt.

Have you booked a hotel yet? Do get a hotel in the city center, as taxis are expensive and public transport at night within the city is crap (everybody cycles).

Bought my ticket today, can't wait! What a way to spend my last day as a 35-year old...

My tickets came with the mail today <3
If I lose them, I'll get so mad at myself PX

Bristol - Amsterdam, KLM, 06.10, land 08.20

Thursday - Live it up in Amsterdam stay overnight

Friday - Train to Eindhoven, live it up, Morrissey gig, go out after, stay overnight

Saturday - Train to Amsterdam, live it up, stay overnight

Sunday - Fly back to Bristol

Sorted.

The venue looks odd, do they remove the seats? Is there standing?

Also does the football season start the week after? I think the eredivisie does then, but was wondering if the lower leagues start the week before like in England? Wanted to check a game out whilst I was there...(even if it's a friendly).

The Eredivisie starts the weekend of the 5th of August. So you could potentially go to a match. No idea if you can get tickets without having a season ticket or anything, not a bit football fan. I guess that also depends on which team you'd want to see. Eindhoven has PSV and Amsterdam has Ajax, they're both in the top 3 of teams in the Netherlands (but you probably already knew that! ;-)

Ow, the Jupiler League (the league below the Eredivisie) starts the same weekend. I guess you can get tickets for that without problems.

Good stuff, also I understand it is 'gay week' in Amsterdam, so I am hoping not ALL the clubs are overran with homosexuals in Amsterdam!

Haha.

Ah yes, Gay Pride. Book a hotel fast, the city will be very busy that weekend. Usually the canal pride parade on Saturday attracts over half a million spectators. As regards to clubs: it depends on where you go. I guess the gay clubs will be packed and some of the other clubs will have gay-themed events on, but there will still be loads of places that won't be affected by Gay Pride. The atmosphere in the city is always great during that weekend though!

Back
Top Bottom