Morrissey apparently signed at WME (William Morris Endeavor) agency

King Leer

Leering since '97
Happened to hit the main page seconds after the story went up.

Very interesting...WME is one of the most powerful outfits in the entertainment world.

As someone deeply involved in film this would signify that rather than Morrissey just chipping away at the music biz he, with his agent and assistants, will be working on his "brand". That sounds superficial but if it's handled the right way and based on his incredible output since 1983 as well as what's to come (the autobiography, the new album) it could be a very very high profile time for our Mozzer.

Re: Book deal?

The below letter, if it's real, just posted on the main page seems to bear out what I've outlined above.

And thanks to the sharp eye of Stuheff, we know that Johnny Marr is a client, too (probably after his Oscar nod for Inception?). This bodes very well for a Morrissey/Marr collaboration. Don't kid yourself - WMA would LOVE part of that action, and we'd all love to see it.

A friend sent me this internal announcement from WME. It mentions a book and a film but isn't specific.
======

To: All

Everyday is like Sunday? Not today.

We are pleased to announce that MORRISSEY is now a client of WME.

Morrissey is a true icon in every sense of the word. As the frontman for The Smiths, Morrissey made an impact on music that is still felt today, crafting songs that are cited as an influence among the world's biggest acts. His solo career has established him as one of the most revered artists of the last few decades. He has produced an unparalleled catalogue, cherished and revered the world over. With one of the most rabid fan bases ever seen in music, Morrissey is a monumental addition to the WME family.

With a new record and book on the horizon and interest in the TV and filmspace, the Morrissey mythos is only poised to continue to grow.

Now enjoy Morrissey performing at Pinkpop and Glastonbury.

How Soon Is Now? Live at Pinkpop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmbcPONXRHQ

First of the Gang to Die, Live at Glastonbury: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbe3E28-g1o

Team Moz

franissey suggested that its rather a bookdeal than a general management deal at this agency

Last edited:

WME would neither be the publisher nor his record producer - they'd be representing him as an artist. Just as they represent Hollywood actors, sports figures, etc.
It's a big deal.

Last edited:

wow i didnt know abou the past signings:
je suis julie know that
historically represented Charlie Chaplin, Clark Gable, Judy Garland, Steve McQueen, Frank Sinatra, Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley, The Rolling Stones, Pulitzer prize winning authors and on & on..... It doesn't get much bigger than that, and that's precisely the sphere he should be in.

I highly doubt that anyone would bother to make a fake announcement like that for Morrissey. Interesting times ahead, I am sure...

Pardon my ignorance. What do they do? Are they a publishing house?

As far as I understand, they are an agency that will represent him to some degree and help to push the Morrissey 'brand', possibly looking to spread his talents to areas outside of music. So long as Morrissey co-operates with them, it could produce some exciting things.

As far as I understand, they are an agency that will represent him to some degree and help to push the Morrissey 'brand', possibly looking to spread his talents to areas outside of music. So long as Morrissey co-operates with them, it could produce some exciting things.

:laughing: :rofl:

Ahem.

:D

Not that he recognizes the whole sign seeing thing, but I sleep on a pillow every night, the tag reads "LOW PROFILE QUEEN." Not trying to stifle talent or urge to create, just saying there's nothing low profile about becoming an actor and he's the queen at least half of the time.

The below letter, if it's real, just posted on the main page seems to bear out what I've outlined above.

A friend sent me this internal announcement from WME. It mentions a book and a film but isn't specific.
======

To: All

Everyday is like Sunday? Not today.

We are pleased to announce that MORRISSEY is now a client of WME.

Morrissey is a true icon in every sense of the word. As the frontman for The Smiths, Morrissey made an impact on music that is still felt today, crafting songs that are cited as an influence among the world's biggest acts. His solo career has established him as one of the most revered artists of the last few decades. He has produced an unparalleled catalogue, cherished and revered the world over. With one of the most rabid fan bases ever seen in music, Morrissey is a monumental addition to the WME family.

With a new record and book on the horizon and interest in the TV and filmspace, the Morrissey mythos is only poised to continue to grow.

Now enjoy Morrissey performing at Pinkpop and Glastonbury.

How Soon Is Now? Live at Pinkpop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmbcPONXRHQ

First of the Gang to Die, Live at Glastonbury: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbe3E28-g1o

Team Moz

Thank You King Leer. I missed this; I try to avoid the Main Page these days.

I haven't a clue if it's legitimate.

But still, I do like the idea of a Morrissey mythos. Especially one that is poised. And ready to grow.

:)

Back
Top Bottom