Statement from Moz on true to you

Sheridan Whiteside

Sweet and Tender Hooligan
1 May 2011

April 30 statement from Morrissey

I'm sorry I made the Detergent O Leary radio interview so difficult but I was in a foul mood, having spent a full week surrounded by the royal dreading. England may very well be a Windsor dictatorship, but - PR Weddings aside, it is usually quite bearable.
If my Front Row (Radio 4) interview sounded chopped and cropped, that's because it was. I had spoken fluently about the royal dreading, but an Iranian censorship confiscated all of my views. It is distressing, but in all manner of British media in 2011 we are only allowed to hear the same old thoughts and feelings expressed over and over and over again.
During the week of the royal dreading, Poly Styrene died. Having made an enormous contribution to British art and sound – at a desperate time when so many of us needed her, Poly Styrene's death was all but ignored by the British television news media, who instead rained hours and hours of blubbering praise onto Kate Middleton – a woman about whom nothing is known on a personal level. The message is clear: What you achieve in life means nothing compared to what you are born into. Is this Syria??
To top off all the pageantry, 'Very best of Morrissey' (EMI/Major Minor) has yet to tunnel its way into what we older types refer to as Record Shops – six days after intended release. The gallant HMV has yet to stock it, and did not manage to stock the 'Glamorous glue' single until four days after its scheduled release. In fact, the CD of 'Glamorous glue' did not EVER make it to HMV. With 'Very best of' I face my first ever non-chart placing – which I shall bear with dignity, although I could never be unkind enough to express my views on EMI's failings. It was John Lennon who coined the phrase 'Every Mistake Imaginable'. I shall not repeat it here.
I am delighted that the June dates sold out so quickly. Beware, we are looking at four more: Copenhagen, Aarhus, Helsingborg and Stockholm.
The follow-up to 'Years of refusal' is ready and fluttering wildly against the bars. There is still no record label and the years shuffle like cards. My talents do not lie in DIY.
I shall be in Perth – older, but no wiser.
With thanks to True To You,

Morrissey.

Having listened to the Dermot O' Leary interview after the fact, thanks to the kindness of MozmicDancer for recording it, I didn't detect the bad mood: rather, all hail fellow well met hilarity, for the most part, and Morrissey as usual, leaving us all guessing. For someone who watches no TV, he's been studying the presenters microscopically! Obviously he does not go unscathed by the fate of his own projects and popular events, while developments such as new album material, new tour dates etc, pretty much eclipse disappointments. A nice little letter for us after a week or two of the Morrissey machinary being cranked into action again. :)

Could ready mean recorded? Possibly not?
I'm so tremendously happy over the Stockholm date. No confusing train travelling in northern england!

I'm confused as to why he's apologizing. I thought the interview was delightful.

Does he ever stop moaning. Does the world really need another 'Very best of Morrissey' cd i suppose it keep him from being on benefits. "Poly Styrene died. Having made an enormous contribution to British art and sound" she wasn't that good now was she.;)but there a nice segment on the channel 4 news about her so the British press didn't really ignore her & on the BBC. How many times do you need to tell the world that some has-been puck rock 'star' has died.
He would be more interesting nowadays if he didn't sound so bitter & like a whining old poofter all the time.

OMG!!!!! He's playing in f***ing Helsingborg (middle of f***ing nowhere!!) but not in London. OMG! Well, my mum lives close to Helsingborg, I'll tell her to go then. I got my heart broken in Helsingborg one. Like really f***ing i-want-to-kill-myself broken. The irony.

No. 80

"No way, T" :eek:
No Ho, or "You are not a prostitute."
No Ho, something to do with North Hollywood.

So, Copenhagen, Aarhus, Helsingfors and Stockholm. What about Oslo? Has it got something to do with the infamous "beer-throwing incident" of the Tour of Refusal? I certainly remember he wrote this in 2006: "During the afternoon of the Oslo festival I walked through the center of the city and sat in the park. A lone British voice said "'ullo Morrissey" but otherwise I went unnoticed and felt securely at home. I sat on the grass in the park and, when the sun struck at a certain angle, I felt that life really wasn't that bad."

Last edited:
He does come across as tetchy in the interview and it was obviously hard going
Dermot at one point says " Never meet your heroes"
If Morrissey seriously thinks that acting up is going to see sales of his CD's soar then he is sadly mistaken
He's still my favourite singer and as he alludes to in the interview people stay with him for life and I will
One of his bad habits is asking questions of interviewers instead of letting him be questioned
Also you can see he is one for holding grudges as he blames Dermot for stealing a copy of Queen is Dead and thus it entering at number 2 instead of number 1

I will be in Helsingborg and Copenhagen! This is great news. This will make up for missing him in Grimsby. But he really does chose odd places to do gigs in. 2006 in Karlstad (twice!), 2009 in Borås and now in Helsingborg.

OMG!!!!! He's playing in f***ing Helsingborg (middle of f***ing nowhere!!) but not in London. OMG! Well, my mum lives close to Helsingborg, I'll tell her to go then. I got my heart broken in Helsingborg one. Like really f***ing i-want-to-kill-myself broken. The irony.

calm down dear

He does come across as tetchy in the interview and it was obviously hard going
Dermot at one point says " Never meet your heroes"
If Morrissey seriously thinks that acting up is going to see sales of his CD's soar then he is sadly mistaken
He's still my favourite singer and as he alludes to in the interview people stay with him for life and I will
One of his bad habits is asking questions of interviewers instead of letting him be questioned
Also you can see he is one for holding grudges as he blames Dermot for stealing a copy of Queen is Dead and thus it entering at number 2 instead of number 1

I think in most circles this is referred to as humor.

Based on the two choices in my cupboard above the washer, which do you think best represents Mr. O'Leary? Natural Elements Ultra Purex?

5677295538_d33d0913c7.jpg

Or LA's Totally Awesome? :D

5677293972_b5cfac4788.jpg

Or a pleasant and taxing-to-traverse-mentally combination of both?

Back
Top Bottom