Morrissey - "The Royal Family are benefit scroungers"

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Radio 5 Live have just played part of an interview (presumably the Dermot O'Leary one) where Morrissey says that the Royal Family are benefit scroungers. Nicky Campbell commennted "There goes his Knighthood!".

May be worth listening to Radio 5 Live, as I got the impression they were going to play some more.

P.

Actually - it turns out it was an unbroadcast segment from the Front Row interview. He says more along the lines that the Royal Family mean nothing to the average person, but they do to the media. Something like that. Might be available on Listen Again soon.

P.

P.S - there's a phone in on Radio5 starting 9am this morning - expect Morrissey to get a right slagging.

P.

Moz says that the public don't really care about the wedding, but the media tell us constantly that we do care... in the end, we care. I agree 100% with him - apart from the bit where I end up caring.

If you agree with Morrissey you can call or email the show... http://www.bbc.co.uk/5live/connect/
Listen http://www.bbc.co.uk/5live/

Dave

This phone-in is brilliant. I really hope it's on listen again. You should hear the indignance of the callers railing against Morrissey. I bet Mogsy is sat back in his chair listening to this and thinking to himself "Job done". Everyone's talking about him again, and as he's done countless times before, he has the ability to drop a comment-bomb, then sit back and watch the collateral damage, while his name is in the news, and everyone is indignant. You've got to say that it's a brilliant strategy.

P.

the scouser guy just on from the daily mirror, who agreed with morrissey was right. That Linda women was so deluded, and mocked him from being from liverpool, disappointing

And you should see the fuss he is causing on twitter!!

what a brilliant, brilliant man. he still speaks for the people

This phone-in is brilliant. I really hope it's on listen again. You should hear the indignance of the callers railing against Morrissey. I bet Mogsy is sat back in his chair listening to this and thinking to himself "Job done". Everyone's talking about him again, and as he's done countless times before, he has the ability to drop a comment-bomb, then sit back and watch the collateral damage, while his name is in the news, and everyone is indignant. You've got to say that it's a brilliant strategy.

P.

it's a briliant strategy, Mr P Skinny, when it doesn't make Morrissey look like a racist bigot which, sadly, it normally does these days. however, this time (thank heavens) it doesn't.
it's a sharp comment. the kind of people who bang on about benefit scroungers (Daily Mail readers) are probably the same people who love the Royal Family so it's an interesting and original concept. well done Moz!

It is interesting how the interview was edited - from the broadcast we got giddy about the autobiography - but since then, there have been two news stories that weren't broadcast - saying that Dave Cameroon is no better than a child killer and now, shock horror, Morrissey is a republican.

Makes me wonder whether Morrissey knew how the show would be edited... and what else might come out over the next few days... what might he have said to Dermot.

Maybe when he was with Dermot, he asked why the BBC hadn't used his republican comments from Front Row, and this led to today's 5-live broadcast?

Dave

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b010n3nh/5_live_Breakfast_Your_Call_27_04_2011/

Listening to it now, fantastic comments I think, I can only assume that Front Row had to edit the Moz interview for time restrictions as BBC have really got their moneysworth out of it since it was broadcast. It's hardly one of Moz's more audacious comments and I think he speaks for a very vast portion of the nation who are not speaking because they couldn't care enough to speak. The indifference is massive and it is only the media and tourism industries that are really pushing this and telling people that they do care, and people using the day as an excuse to harbour their own misguided nationalistic fetishes.
The Royal Wedding is a mirage and a farce and is there for the media, tourism and the Tory party (do you honestly doubt the coincidence that there is a Royal Wedding tying in with a bank holiday weekend on what is usually a period of good weather for the nation ALL before a hugely important referendum and local elections?)
The last monarch to gain universal respect, appreciation or even muster up vague opinion is sat on the throne, and sadly to a dying generation the Queen does mean something, but once she passes with that generation I do think that the Royal Family will struggle to exist...and thank God for that!
Viva Moz, great comment, he knows how to promote a record!
FERGAL

Last edited:
It always amuses me that the print media in the UK refer to "handsome" or "hunky" Prince William;I only ever see Tim Nice-But-Dim.

Prince-William42.jpg

Tim+Nice+But+Dim+2.jpg

The other Prince looks like something out of The League of Gentlemen.

It always amuses me that the print media in the UK refer to "handsome" or "hunky" Prince William;I only ever see Tim Nice-But-Dim.

Prince-William42.jpg

Tim+Nice+But+Dim+2.jpg

The other Prince looks like something out of The League of Gentlemen.

he he! 100% agree - in fact, whenever anyone's mentioned the Royal Wedding in recent weeks, I've been doing my very best Tim-Nice-But-Dim impression "I shay, anyone sheen Charlie? what a frightfully, bloody nice bloke!"

Quality. No better than benefit scroungers!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgghhhhhhh. I can't even go on the Internet without reading about Harry Combover and that other twat he's marrying.

Back
Top Bottom