Morrissey - "The Royal Family are benefit scroungers"

no offense but how does Morrissey know what Britain is like?? He's never bloody here!

Oh gosh! I suppose there are no global communicational devices on this planet, and the people who know most about a country's climate are those who live there, such as......Prince William?

I don't know man...but i doubt he paid his UK taxes while in LA.

The Royal Family bring shed loads of cash in the form of tourism to the UK and add their name to charities isn't a bad thing. Wills served for his country and flies a rescue helicopter & i can respect that. His wife's family have earn their money through a business; so i can respect that too! None of them have been tax exiles or sign on dole like Steven:p

It's funny because flying the helicopter is why I think he's okay, too. (and that they are into art history) It's stupid to hate them as individual people anyway, in my opinion. It's the institution that is the issue. One thing about all the money it brings in, when you look at the costs and benefits, they also validate in a lot of people's minds, by their existence, a system where some people are born wealthy, privileged, and special, and I think you'd have a hard time calculating the effects of that. But not arguing, it's just a thought I had when I saw the woman pick up her train and it looked like she owned a person.

Thank the proverbial yesterday is over. Not one dissenting word about the institution of the monarchy, hereditary rights, or the notion of citizens as subjects was seemingly permitted anywhere on the mainstream media yesterday

Of course we "occasionally" bomb or put diplomatic and trade embargos on countries which we deem have a totalatarian media. . So just sit there, lap it all up and wave benignly about the pageantry and the fashion and those in the upper echeleons of high society/ the back pages of Hello (we do it soooooooo well)

They estimate 24.7 million people watched the wedding on the TV, which means approx 35 million didn't.

Fair enough there are people thick enough to accept the whole notion of monarchy without questioning it and yes a significant proportion actually support it.
But then a significant proportion don't. So kindly put a sock in it

Here's a little story for you from another website:

I'd heard only 1% of the public were interested, that is absolutely rubbish after what I saw yesterday. I went to town but the roads were empty, car parks that are usually full were empty and the shops were empty. On sales assistant told me I was his first customer, that was at about 12.30.

If anything I'd say I was a Royalist, and not a Republican, but yesterday I saw something which altered my mind. They had the big screen on by St Davids Hall (Cardiff), there was a few thousand people watching the wedding, there was a bloke selling a Big issue, who had a mate stood next to him with a quilt in his had, obviously homeless, but when he asked people to buy one they all said no, yet then fawned over the Royal Family getting RAF planes flown over them.

It was surreal but put things into context. People clapping and cheering to a family they fund, whilst they can't afford fuel/food etc bills. As they say, the best benefit cheats in the world.

If anything I'd say I was a Royalist, and not a Republican, but yesterday I saw something which altered my mind. They had the big screen on by St Davids Hall (Cardiff), there was a few thousand people watching the wedding, there was a bloke selling a Big issue, who had a mate stood next to him with a quilt in his had, obviously homeless, but when he asked people to buy one they all said no, yet then fawned over the Royal Family getting RAF planes flown over them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, my mother got all teary eyed watching it, but it a good way I guess. :straightface:
Still though, it seems ridiculous that the fabulous wealthy Royal family would not have to pay for the whole event. :crazy:
I mean, on Jon Stewart, he said that the thing cost British people 20 million pounds or something! :eek:
Seems, kind of, ridiculous in these time of massive government cut backs. :cool:
Having said that, I just read Prince William's wiki page. :blushing:
He does seem alrite to me to now too. :eek:
However, he could have asked his super rich grannie to pay the 20 million :thumb::p

It's the institution that is the issue. One thing about all the money it brings in, when you look at the costs and benefits, they also validate in a lot of people's minds, by their existence, a system where some people are born wealthy, privileged, and special,

Some people are born into wealth and some earn it. no point being 'jealous' about it. Steven is wealthy, privileged and he thinks he is special Should he feel guilty? Didn't he look after his family members by buying them houses? Bastard...i bought his cds why can't he buy me a house. William didn't ask to be born into the royal family... should he give it all up? No why should he.

and I think you'd have a hard time calculating the effects of that.
Not really. I just haven't got a problem with it. Billions is spent on vast amount of nonsense that bring unhappiness and harm to people. This isn't one of those occasions.

Let Melvin from Milton Keynes sum things up...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13230115

Is that you Mr skinny?

People clapping and cheering to a family they fund, whilst they can't afford fuel/food etc bills. As they say, the best benefit cheats in the world.

If these people are claiming benefits then they aren't funding the royal wedding because they aren't paying their taxes.

65 pence per person per year of tax money going to the royal family. Big deal.

I would have thought their 'People who Grinned Themselves to Death' was more apt:

"People who grinned themselves to death,
Smiled so much, they failed to take a breathe.
And even when their kids were starving
They all thought the Queen was charming"

A brilliant band very under-rated.

In my opinion, the royal family are a bunch of parasites :p

Plus isn't it about time they confessed that Harry isn't Charles' son :lbf:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people are born into wealth and some earn it. no point being 'jealous' about it. Steven is wealthy, privileged and he thinks he is special Should he feel guilty? Didn't he look after his family members by buying them houses? Bastard...i bought his cds why can't he buy me a house. William didn't ask to be born into the royal family... should he give it all up? No why should he.

Not really. I just haven't got a problem with it. Billions is spent on vast amount of nonsense that bring unhappiness and harm to people. This isn't one of those occasions.

Is that you Mr skinny?

If these people are claiming benefits then they aren't funding the royal wedding because they aren't paying their taxes.

65 pence per person per year of tax money going to the royal family. Big deal.

Who do you mean the Big Issue vendor and his mate? There are worst things to get riled about in the world. That baby swapping story in Eastenders for example

willandkatestampsb3ta.gif

You really see the viciousness of middle England at times like these.
Prod their sacred cows and the racism and thinly disguised intolerance comes thick and fast.
Probably the kind of folks who cheer on the Mohammed cartoons etc. but can't take any criticism or jokes at their own expense.

They're happy with their serfdom and we'll just have to put up with it.

That is bloody awesome.

Incidentally, the extra bank holiday cost the economy £3billion according to the Confederation Of British Industry. The wedding itself didn't cost us a penny. There were alot of people in London on Friday who all travelled with VATable rail tickets & they all bought VATable crap.

Back
Top Bottom