Its official: Morrissey for Glastonbury - check the website

• Thread starter idontoweyouanything
  • Start date
I

idontoweyouanything

Its official----morrissey for glastonbury.....check the website

Re: Its official----morrissey for glastonbury.....check the website

Friday night before U2, quite a prestigious spot.

Do you really think Morrissey is popular enough at this point in his career to headline the biggest festival in Europe?

he kept that one quiet!

brilliant news though, the line up across all the stages for glasto this year is pretty biblical

he kept that one quiet!

brilliant news though, the line up across all the stages for glasto this year is pretty biblical

Very quiet. In fact on TTY it still says "Update: The Cheltenham date will now not take place, and once a substitute venue has been found then these shall constitute the only Morrissey concerts in the UK for this year."

P.

he kept that one quiet!

I'd love to know what drugs you are on!

If I was going (I'm not, which is why I might sound bitter) then I'd probably pack up on Sunday morning and go home...

Dave

Good exposure for the new Greatest Hits, and a chance for us to get some good live audio off the TV.
Does BBC3 still just show a couple of hits from each artist, or will it be possible to listen to/watch the whole thing?

I'd love to know what drugs you are on!

If I was going (I'm not, which is why I might sound bitter) then I'd probably pack up on Sunday morning and go home...

Dave

maybe it was a strong word at the time, the line up is impressive though, obviously its full of mainstream acts/headliners too but if you filter them out, then you are left with a great selection of artists, better than I was expecting

Just found out this second. made my week this. Was gutted when i read half of the dates Moz was playing due to me being at Glasto. But now can see him atleast once in Scotland and at Glasto

Oh and Gaslight Anthem playing to.... just gets better

This has made my year! I didn't buy tickets for the tour because of the expense of Glastonbury......
To see Morrissey before U2 is as good as it gets for me. Very, very happy

Good exposure for the new Greatest Hits, and a chance for us to get some good live audio off the TV.
Does BBC3 still just show a couple of hits from each artist, or will it be possible to listen to/watch the whole thing?

Last year you could watch the full set on bbc website, a couple of days after. Also bbc red button usually shows the full sets of selected artists as well

I'd like to see maybe ten percent of that line-up. A sign of incipient old-age, no doubt.

The Grauniad report that..

Festival founder Michael Eavis could barely contain his glee at getting Morrissey back to Worthy Farm in Pilton, Somerset, where the festival takes place. Morrissey last played Glastonbury in 2004.

"When the Smiths played in 1984 it changed everything for us. We had just been about hippy bands until then and when they performed it was like a bolt of lightning," he said. "There were no fences in those days – we thought fences were wicked – and when the crowd started invading the stage we had to close the set. It got everyone talking about us."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/apr/14/morrissey-u2-glastonbury-festival?intcmp=239

You'll be able to sit in your favourite chair and play with your Red Button. A bit like every other Friday night eh ;)

Re: Moz to play Glastonbury! (just before U2)

About 3 hours ago, yeah.

ah yes, buried in the tour sub-forum. who would ever think to look there!
I reckon big news like this is worthy (pun intended) of the front page.
looks like Moz is going on a UK charm offensive, having now signed up to 2 UK festivals.
trying to convince the floating voter that he's not just a 'big-quiffed bigot with dodgy views'!

Back
Top Bottom