Another Stone Roses reunion rumor

modrevolve

Standard Model
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/3513586/Stone-Roses-resurrected.html

THE STONE ROSES are getting back together after IAN BROWN and JOHN SQUIRE buried the hatchet on one of the most bitter feuds in rock 'n' roll history.
The former best pals hadn't spoken for the best part of 15 years after falling out in a war of words when the band imploded back in 1996.

But the boys were brought back together in tricky circumstances last month at bandmate MANI's mum's funeral.

Frontman Ian broke the ice over a cuppa at the wake - and before long they were hugging, back-slapping and reminiscing about the good times.

The megabucks reunion is now being lined up to happen later in the year.

And I haven't been this excited since I got my first BMX in 1986.

A source said: "Ian has been mulling over reaching out to John for a while now. A lot of water has gone under the bridge and everyone has grown up. Ian has just gone through a tough time with a divorce and then Mani's mum's funeral brought everyone back under the same roof.

"It was an emotional reunion. There were no harsh words. It was a heartwarming breaking of bread.

"They had a lot to catch up on and have been in regular contact since."

There must be something in the water up in Manchester. This summer will see TAKE THAT back on the road together after GARY BARLOW and ROBBIE WILLIAMS settled old scores.

Their fall-out was a lovers' tiff compared with the acrimony between the swaggering Stone Roses frontman and one of the best rock'n'roll guitarists this country has produced.

John walked out on the band in 1996 with insults flying back and forth. The band had gone through a turbulent few years with all sorts of bad luck, bad management and bad behaviour.

A legal row with their label Silvertone rumbled on for five years - robbing fans of the band at their prime. The band hardly earned a penny at the time - one of the biggest music travesties of all time. Their first album remains one of the best debuts ever.

The only stumbling block they now face is pinning down former drummer RENI, which is about as easy as trapping mercury, according to my Manc pals.

Mani, one of the best blokes in music, deserves the big swansong. He's had the rock'n'roll lifestyle playing bass with PRIMAL SCREAM but now he'll be back with his proper pals.

A Roses reunion will be something very special indeed. Getting tickets for the gig will be another problem altogether.

The Stone Roses to 'reunite'

It's reported in The Sun, so it must be true..

Bang Showbiz

Thursday, 7 April 2011

The Stone Roses are set to reunite.

The 'Fools Gold' group are in talks after frontman Ian Brown and guitarist John Squire settled their differences.

The pair had been locked in a bitter war of words since John walked out of the band in 1996, but relations thawed after they met at a funeral held for the mother of the band's bass player, Mani, in March.

A source told The Sun newspaper: "Ian has been mulling over reaching out to John for a while now. A lot of water has gone under the bridge and everyone has grown up. Ian has just gone through a tough time with a divorce and then Mani's mum's funeral brought everyone back under the same roof.

"It was an emotional reunion. There were no harsh words. It was a heartwarming breaking of bread.

"They had a lot to catch up on and have been in regular contact since."

The group had notoriously bad luck during their career, after a legal wrangle with their record label following the release of their defining debut album meant they hardly earned any money from it and were forbidden from releasing any music on another label for two years.

Despite their animosity after John quit the group, the guitarist - now an artist - had reached out to Ian, even writing a song for his 2009 album 'My Way', although it was ultimately rejected.

Ian explained: "John actually sent me a tune 18 months ago - pretty good, sounded nice, I liked it - but my sons turned round and said, 'dad you can't work on that - he sold you out didn't he? He left you for dead'."

The group are now said to be trying to track down the fourth original member of the band, drummer Reni.

Re: The Stone Roses to 'reunite'

...Am I the ONLY person on this planet to think that they were utter Shite in the first place??? ...I just never "got It" with them...good luck to 'em though....

Other sites are starting to pick up on it now. What a bunch of sellouts.

...Am I the ONLY person on this planet to think that they were utter Shite in the first place??? ...I just never "got It" with them...good luck to 'em though....

I liked a couple of their songs, but I think being off one's tits on substances probably lead to a greater "appreciation" of their oeuvre. Or was that The Happy Mondays? I can't keep up with all these modern groups..

Why are you reading The Scum?

Ian Brown will be appearing in a new film been made about the Spike Island gig. This is old news.
I doubt Squire will new work with Brown and I refuse to read The Scum article, thank goodness someone has some principles and brains.

Why are you reading The Scum?

Ian Brown will be appearing in a new film been made about the Spike Island gig. This is old news.
I doubt Squire will new work with Brown and I refuse to read The Scum article, thank goodness someone has some principles and brains.

You talkin' to me?

That article is from the London Independent, which is where I read and quoted it here.

Principles and Brains, is that a department store?

I agree. Ian can't sing, and after seeing him punch that fan after his guards had battered him, i've always thought he was a prick.. oh, and he spat on a female fan before he chucked her out.

Back
Top Bottom