Scotland 2011 - Meet up?

phcbr6

Hi All,

How about we use the Forum to nominate a suitable place to meet up for pre or post show drinks for each of the shows in Scotland?
Would need input from the folks that live in the venue towns but would be great to organise something.
I won't be around for the next two weeks but would be great to do something like this - no doubt the Moz Contingent from around the world will be in each town!
Morrissey Fans of the world unite and all that!?

Cheers,
Pete

Hi All,

How about we use the Forum to nominate a suitable place to meet up for pre or post show drinks for each of the shows in Scotland?
Would need input from the folks that live in the venue towns but would be great to organise something.
I won't be around for the next two weeks but would be great to do something like this - no doubt the Moz Contingent from around the world will be in each town!
Morrissey Fans of the world unite and all that!?

Cheers,
Pete

Nice idea, but (personally) I find some Morrissey fans a little bit "too much". The ones who dress like him, copy the hairstyle, live & breathe Morrissey are just too hardcore. And frankly, a bit embarrassing. Dunoon seems like it has a good mix of people going, though, so would be good to have a little group of people who are staying overnight to hit a pub with afterwards. Maybe get a sha.. sorry, a nice conversation out of it.

Im driving up to Dunfermline overnight stay and then down to Hawick and same again before the drive to Glastonbury via home !! Be up for a suitable venue in each of those towns.

Nice idea, but (personally) I find some Morrissey fans a little bit "too much". The ones who dress like him, copy the hairstyle, live & breathe Morrissey are just too hardcore. And frankly, a bit embarrassing.

Don't think I've ever met a fan like that, why are they embarassing?

For the same reason this is:

I don't think that any of the people you talk about are anything like this Karl? If you think about it, Morrissey looks like the man in the street (a smart street!). There is a local character where I live who has been labelled "The Timelord" because he dons a Tom Baker era hat and long scalf. He's the only person that I think looks anything like Jacko (he wears white socks as well!), but I see people all the time with the Moz look going on. I doubt that may of them are fans though.

I bet you'll have people queueing in their droves to have a drink with you now Karl!
Nice idea, but (personally) I find some Morrissey fans a little bit "too much". The ones who dress like him, copy the hairstyle, live & breathe Morrissey are just too hardcore. And frankly, a bit embarrassing. Dunoon seems like it has a good mix of people going, though, so would be good to have a little group of people who are staying overnight to hit a pub with afterwards. Maybe get a sha.. sorry, a nice conversation out of it.

I don't think that any of the people you talk about are anything like this Karl? If you think about it, Morrissey looks like the man in the street (a smart street!). There is a local character where I live who has been labelled "The Timelord" because he dons a Tom Baker era hat and long scalf. He's the only person that I think looks anything like Jacko (he wears white socks as well!), but I see people all the time with the Moz look going on. I doubt that may of them are fans though.

People who happen to have a vaguely similar look are fine. People who deliberately try to make themselves look as much like him as possible annoy me. What's wrong with just being yourself?!
Maybe it's just me.

I've been going to see Morrissey since 1991, all over the UK and a few in the states and Europe. I've met so many folk through Morrissey who i am still good friends with.

In general Morrissey fans are really nice people who are really friendly and enjoy a good bevy.

On the other hand there are a few nutters!!! :) You know who you are!!:)

I've been going to see Morrissey since 1991, all over the UK and a few in the states and Europe. I've met so many folk through Morrissey who i am still good friends with.

In general Morrissey fans are really nice people who are really friendly and enjoy a good bevy.

On the other hand there are a few nutters!!! :) You know who you are!!:)

Name names. Its so much more fun that way!!

Back
Top Bottom