Morrissey-solo is now MorrisseyLoversUnited

As part of the ongoing changes, from now on the site previously known as "Morrissey-solo.com" is changing to "MorrisseyLoversUnited.com". Please change your bookmarks accordingly.

This change signifies a move away from the past site's reputation of negativity in advance of the new releases and tour. Rather than keep the open policy on the site, anything deemed negative or otherwise too critical may be removed from the site at any time. Frankly, I also have wanted to change the name for a while as I have really gotten sick of people using the term 'solow' in describing the site.

Further down the road some changes include most likely getting rid of anonymous comments as many people have requested. One person pointed out a little while ago that "the site was rendered obsolete by Facebook, Wikipedia, and various search engine options." At first I dismissed the idea but after some consideration it does appear to be happening so I will be making some more changes such as using Facebook to handle the commenting. I look at Facebook and they are growing at an amazing rate and most comments posted there are nice and supportive. I hardly see anyone attacking anyone else and everyone is friends, isn't that an ideal environment for discussion?

Fellow Morrissey lovers, this is our time, at last. Unite and Take Over!

Last edited:
Excellent April Fools attack, David.:thumb:
Glad to see you have a sense of humour in managing this site. That damned facebook thing might just take off some day i think :) :p:)

It's a really good gag. But don't you wish it was true? This site being so full of hate is the reason I don't come here anymore.

It's a really good gag. But don't you wish it was true? This site being so full of hate is the reason I don't come here anymore.

Yes, it would have been nice, but I thought it might have been a nasty joke because Davidt has always said getting rid of the anonymous feature was censorship and he dosnt believe in that sort of thing. This is a great site in a lot of ways, but I can't see how trolls and exceptionally critical comments can make it better. People are entitled to their own opinions, of course, but taste goes a long ways, ya know? And of course, if someone doesn't like Morrissey, then why do they come here? I"ll tell you why - they're full of envy, feel that Morrissey has done them wrong in some odd way, or just want to stick the knife in further, so to speak. At one time or another, these...people, I believe, felt some kind of love for him.

Julia Riley is pleased as punch because her site is 100% endorsed by Morrissey himself.

Have you ever been to a show and heard

"So, David... What do you think? What should we play next"?

Me neither.

Morrissey is a difficult lad I like him as lyricist and what he stands for, and his former band well there's 5% I wish he did better, he
throws away year of loyalty, not only this site, bandmemebers, away as it's old pie

Julia Riley just has the money to go to every gig, and made a site, nothing against her,
but if you had the time and the money you could be Morrissey's friend, or have been in Juia Riley's position

Julia will, as most, gonna make a mistake and get thanked,as lot's who worked with Morrissey

take it easy Georgissey,it's just a website

and if you have idea's, create yours, it's easy to critize David, but he has the largest
and best and longest website about Morrissey and The Smiths

Morrissey should see David's vieuw, plus it's years ago, time to give some credit back

and as I wrote I'm in for no ano postings, just reading, even in an i'net at the highschool/uni or I'net shop,one can log in with a email and a password, in every part of the world

enough said, this thread is going way to out of control, not personally, but reading the last 30 posts

not drowning but waving:thumb:

Last edited:
So nice, especially on April Fool's Day.

Keep up the great work David!

DavidT is a parasite - only True to you is the Morrissey approved site, DavidT just ligs off that site and republishes information, not an innovative bone in his Solow body!!!

Morrissey is a difficult lad I like him as lyricist and what he stands for, and his former band well there's 5% I wish he did better, he
throws away year of loyalty, not only this site, bandmemebers, away as it's old pie

Julia Riley just has the money to go to every gig, and made a site, nothing against her,
but if you had the time and the money you could be Morrissey's friend, or have been in Juia Riley's position

Julia will, as most, gonna make a mistake and get thanked,as lot's who worked with Morrissey

and if you have idea's, create yours, it's easy to critize David, but he has the largest

Morrissey should see David's vieuw, plus it's years ago, time to give some credit back

and as I wrote I'm in for no ano postings, just reading, even in an i'net at the highschool/uni or I'net shop,one can log in with a email and a password, in every part of the world

enough said, this thread is going way to out of control, not personally, but reading the last 30 posts

Y'know, Celli... That'll teach me to have 4 double whiskeys and god knows how many beers before logging on to Moz-solo, eh?

It was a helluva night, and I guess I was feeling extra sensitive.
Cheers from half-way round the world, eh?

Happy birthday celibate.I enjoy reading your posts.

even though i cant understand half of em

Happy birthday celibate.I enjoy reading your posts.

even though i cant understand half of em

that other half is Dutch and typoos

it's common knowledge my posts are a bit difficult to understand, too hasty,
a small english vocabulary, memory fades, getting allready 46

Maybe time to start a evening class englsih for beginners:rolleyes:

Absolutely agree with the comments about anonymous. I only visit this site for 2 reasons - reasonably informed and up to date and sometimes the sequence of comments from anon is fabulous. I'm really not interested in reading the 'Some fans are bigger than other fans' crap......................

I hadn't visited this site for years, but clicked my mousepad to learn more about the name change (it turns out it was an April Fool's joke). I stopped using this site because, even though I would add comments that tried to be respectful and fair, I found I received replies from other users which were sometimes nasty and personally insulting. So I stopped visiting the site. A shame really, because in principle Morrissey Solo offers the best place to engage with other Smiths/Moz fans. Initially I was glad to learn that David T. had had a rethink. But reading the thread for this post, I see nothing much has really changed - a horrible irony given the nature of the news item. So what's the answer? Censorship of comments? Banning anonymous posts (although I can't see how using a handle will make much difference)? Running down David T while simultaneously using his website? I wonder if there is a peculiar sensibility among some of the moderators and users which is now too deeply entrenched. But for better or worse this site represents a real community of fans. Personally, I intend to maintain my own particular standard for comments and posts. Other users will have their own ideas about what constitutes suitable content - and long may the debate continue! But if this site has any hope of realising its full potential as a forum for open, honest (not the same as rude), and furious debate and comment then I would encourage moderators and visitors alike to think about how to make the experience a better and more rewarding one. Surely this is in the spirit of The Smiths and Morrissey - who is a good, although far from perfect, individual. Otherwise, what's the point? Will I return to this site anytime soon? Probably not. But I won't make any decisions just yet...

What do you say?

God Bless Morrissey and The Smiths!

Troll post

Sadly, Uncleskinny (Peter Finan) has suffered from serious mental health problems for a number of years. Before anyone takes a single word of what this deluded half-wit has to say in anyway seriously, they should be aware that he's not quite right in the head, as these posts he made on an internet forum for the mentally ill will testify. Take it away Peter:

[personal information removed]

Personal information?
Skinny posted this himself on a public forum. It seems that it's ok for Skinny to continue to spread his lies and distortions, but it's not ok to post the truth. This place is an open sewer.

["personal" information restored]

[personal information removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's way too late now the damage have been done !! it will never stop !! with silly comments etc...however thanks going on with this site :)

*personal info removed*

*personal info removed*

*personal info removed*

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom