Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Article: Morrissey-solo is now MorrisseyLoversUnited

...brush me daddy-o nightingale+therose's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Excellent April Fools attack, David.
    Glad to see you have a sense of humour in managing this site. That damned facebook thing might just take off some day i think

0 Not allowed!

lizt

It's a really good gag. But don't you wish it was true? This site being so full of hate is the reason I don't come here anymore.

0 Not allowed!

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 38

Default Re: Article: Morrissey-solo is now MorrisseyLoversUnited

Quote Originally Posted by lizt View Post
    It's a really good gag. But don't you wish it was true? This site being so full of hate is the reason I don't come here anymore.
    Yes, it would have been nice, but I thought it might have been a nasty joke because Davidt has always said getting rid of the anonymous feature was censorship and he dosnt believe in that sort of thing. This is a great site in a lot of ways, but I can't see how trolls and exceptionally critical comments can make it better. People are entitled to their own opinions, of course, but taste goes a long ways, ya know? And of course, if someone doesn't like Morrissey, then why do they come here? I"ll tell you why - they're full of envy, feel that Morrissey has done them wrong in some odd way, or just want to stick the knife in further, so to speak. At one time or another, these...people, I believe, felt some kind of love for him.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Georgissey View Post
    Julia Riley is pleased as punch because her site is 100% endorsed by Morrissey himself.

Have you ever been to a show and heard

"So, David... What do you think? What should we play next"?

Me neither.
    Morrissey is a difficult lad I like him as lyricist and what he stands for, and his former band well there's 5% I wish he did better, he
    throws away year of loyalty, not only this site, bandmemebers, away as it's old pie

Julia Riley just has the money to go to every gig, and made a site, nothing against her,
    but if you had the time and the money you could be Morrissey's friend, or have been in Juia Riley's position

Julia will, as most, gonna make a mistake and get thanked,as lot's who worked with Morrissey

take it easy Georgissey,it's just a website

and if you have idea's, create yours, it's easy to critize David, but he has the largest
    and best and longest website about Morrissey and The Smiths

Morrissey should see David's vieuw, plus it's years ago, time to give some credit back

and as I wrote I'm in for no ano postings, just reading, even in an i'net at the highschool/uni or I'net shop,one can log in with a email and a password, in every part of the world

enough said, this thread is going way to out of control, not personally, but reading the last 30 posts

not drowning but waving

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by celibate; April 2, 2011 at 04:00 PM.

My face is as mean as my life has been

www.ronlindeman.com

Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 8

Great April Fools prank, David!

I'm glad you didn't really change it.

0 Not allowed!

Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    So nice, especially on April Fool's Day.

Keep up the great work David!

DavidT is a parasite - only True to you is the Morrissey approved site, DavidT just ligs off that site and republishes information, not an innovative bone in his Solow body!!!

0 Not allowed!

the one he left behind dallow_bg's Avatar
    Thumbs Up

You got me...... nice.

0 Not allowed!

The land of no sunshine. (The Pacific Northwestern U.S.)
    Thumbs Up

Talking Re: Article: Morrissey-solo is now MorrisseyLoversUnited

Quote Originally Posted by celibate View Post
    Morrissey is a difficult lad I like him as lyricist and what he stands for, and his former band well there's 5% I wish he did better, he
    throws away year of loyalty, not only this site, bandmemebers, away as it's old pie

Julia Riley just has the money to go to every gig, and made a site, nothing against her,
    but if you had the time and the money you could be Morrissey's friend, or have been in Juia Riley's position

Julia will, as most, gonna make a mistake and get thanked,as lot's who worked with Morrissey

and if you have idea's, create yours, it's easy to critize David, but he has the largest

Morrissey should see David's vieuw, plus it's years ago, time to give some credit back

and as I wrote I'm in for no ano postings, just reading, even in an i'net at the highschool/uni or I'net shop,one can log in with a email and a password, in every part of the world

enough said, this thread is going way to out of control, not personally, but reading the last 30 posts

not drowning but waving
    Y'know, Celli... That'll teach me to have 4 double whiskeys and god knows how many beers before logging on to Moz-solo, eh?

It was a helluva night, and I guess I was feeling extra sensitive.
    Cheers from half-way round the world, eh?

0 Not allowed!

a bit fond
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by celibate View Post

not drowning but waving
    Happy birthday celibate.I enjoy reading your posts.

even though i cant understand half of em

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by billy scissors View Post
    Happy birthday celibate.I enjoy reading your posts.

even though i cant understand half of em
    that other half is Dutch and typoos

it's common knowledge my posts are a bit difficult to understand, too hasty,
    a small english vocabulary, memory fades, getting allready 46

Maybe time to start a evening class englsih for beginners

0 Not allowed!

www.ronlindeman.com

Thumbs Up

it does sound much better. considering there are also some pretty avid Smiths fans as well.

0 Not allowed!

Anonymous

Absolutely agree with the comments about anonymous. I only visit this site for 2 reasons - reasonably informed and up to date and sometimes the sequence of comments from anon is fabulous. I'm really not interested in reading the 'Some fans are bigger than other fans' crap......................

0 Not allowed!

Anonymous

I hadn't visited this site for years, but clicked my mousepad to learn more about the name change (it turns out it was an April Fool's joke). I stopped using this site because, even though I would add comments that tried to be respectful and fair, I found I received replies from other users which were sometimes nasty and personally insulting. So I stopped visiting the site. A shame really, because in principle Morrissey Solo offers the best place to engage with other Smiths/Moz fans. Initially I was glad to learn that David T. had had a rethink. But reading the thread for this post, I see nothing much has really changed - a horrible irony given the nature of the news item. So what's the answer? Censorship of comments? Banning anonymous posts (although I can't see how using a handle will make much difference)? Running down David T while simultaneously using his website? I wonder if there is a peculiar sensibility among some of the moderators and users which is now too deeply entrenched. But for better or worse this site represents a real community of fans. Personally, I intend to maintain my own particular standard for comments and posts. Other users will have their own ideas about what constitutes suitable content - and long may the debate continue! But if this site has any hope of realising its full potential as a forum for open, honest (not the same as rude), and furious debate and comment then I would encourage moderators and visitors alike to think about how to make the experience a better and more rewarding one. Surely this is in the spirit of The Smiths and Morrissey - who is a good, although far from perfect, individual. Otherwise, what's the point? Will I return to this site anytime soon? Probably not. But I won't make any decisions just yet...

What do you say?

God Bless Morrissey and The Smiths!

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Georgissey View Post
    Y'know, Celli... That'll teach me to have 4 double whiskeys and god knows how many beers before logging on to Moz-solo, eh?

It was a helluva night, and I guess I was feeling extra sensitive.
    Cheers from half-way round the world, eh?
    thanks, and back

hope yer headache is gone

0 Not allowed!

www.ronlindeman.com

Thumbs Up

Sounds like the name of a sexually deviant counter-culture, if you ask me. NAMBLA, anyone?

0 Not allowed!

Anonymous

Troll post

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by davidt; April 4, 2011 at 10:22 PM.

Thumbs Up

It's way too late now the damage have been done !! it will never stop !! with silly comments etc...however thanks going on with this site

0 Not allowed!

Anonymous

*personal info removed*

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Uncleskinny; April 5, 2011 at 03:01 PM.

Anonymous

*personal info removed*

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Kewpie; April 5, 2011 at 11:03 AM.

Anonymous

*personal info removed*

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Kewpie; April 5, 2011 at 11:27 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast