Morrissey-solo is now MorrisseyLoversUnited

As part of the ongoing changes, from now on the site previously known as "Morrissey-solo.com" is changing to "MorrisseyLoversUnited.com". Please change your bookmarks accordingly.

This change signifies a move away from the past site's reputation of negativity in advance of the new releases and tour. Rather than keep the open policy on the site, anything deemed negative or otherwise too critical may be removed from the site at any time. Frankly, I also have wanted to change the name for a while as I have really gotten sick of people using the term 'solow' in describing the site.

Further down the road some changes include most likely getting rid of anonymous comments as many people have requested. One person pointed out a little while ago that "the site was rendered obsolete by Facebook, Wikipedia, and various search engine options." At first I dismissed the idea but after some consideration it does appear to be happening so I will be making some more changes such as using Facebook to handle the commenting. I look at Facebook and they are growing at an amazing rate and most comments posted there are nice and supportive. I hardly see anyone attacking anyone else and everyone is friends, isn't that an ideal environment for discussion?

Fellow Morrissey lovers, this is our time, at last. Unite and Take Over!

Last edited:
Dear Fellow Friends of Morrissey: Thank you all for continuing on with this site. Thanks also to David T. for all your work, most appreciatted. The world changes, time changes and so must we change, hopefull for the better. During this time of world unrest, we must be able to stand before eachother with a good heart and decency. Without that , what have we learned in life? The one thing that unites this bunch is the fond affection we all have for Morrissey. So, on with the show and the awaited tour this summer!!! Morrissey has always been there for us, with more than sound advice, done through prophetic lyrics for the modern day. Now this site is here, changed, improved and best of luck to all on continued success.

Oh shut the f*** up, pompous ass. You are the very same thing that you're condemning, could you be anymore boring? Without this site, Morrissey is nothing more than Andy Rourke, at best. Morrissey fans are good people AND f***ing rotten people (this includes you), so what? It's no different than the real world. Pull the stick out of your ass, quit taking things so seriously. IT'S JUST LETTERS AND WORDS. Morrissey can shoot his f***ing mouth off about the Chinese, Margaret Thatcher, George Bush, Tony Blair, David Bowie, PEOPLE WHO EAT MEAT, Elton John, Depeche Mode, Mike Joyce, and AMERICANS BEING FAT, Asian Ruts, Bengali IN Platforms, and Reggae. BUT! People who come to this site should be "polite" and maintain some sort of cooth? Are you even aware how f***ing stupid you sound? We are a product of Morrissey. And we, in fact, are apart of Morrissey as much as Morrissey's pasty inner-thighs are apart of Morrissey. If you hate us, you hate Morrissey. And if you say that you don't need this site, THEN WHAT THE f*** ARE YOU DOING HERE AND WRITING COMMENTS FOR? Dumbass.
Dear Friend: Certianly glad you got that off your chest!! And...we would have to agree with you about the free speach and if youv'e something to say, well then say it. One should also realize there are consequences for things done and said and take it from me. Because of my BIG MOUTH, "My life is an unending succession of people saying "good-bye". We're all human, you too Morrissey and maybe the effort here is to be a kinder soul to eachother. We only have one shot at life, so make it count! Molly Mae and david G.

Taking away comments from this site sucks hog balls Mate!

Some folks been liking Morrissey for years without knowing about this insipid site and don't need for you to collect your thoughts trying to gain rank whilst stalking and collecting things he did not even authorize. I think your collective appreciation and representation of people who love this guy is an abomination because you are mean and rude and nasty and trashy like a friggin rag paper not worth buying. I think it is crappy for you to pass judgement on others who are fans of his as if you are some bought consciousness and are mysteriously more enlightened than anyone else. There are people who have liked him for years who are not assholes and did not need your crutch to support that realization.I sure as f*** hope if he reads this he realizes such things.This site really does create the stereotype of Morrissey fans being assholes. The rest of the people who just liked him because they did never pay attention to this shit because they do not need to. They just are. Really you are a mockery of your own self for being so shitty to people. You are not GOD and neither is he.Try thinking for yourself for once.Seriously, you are not nice people and make other Morrissey fans seem like jerks when they are not and to try to organize that in any way that alienates people truly sucks and I hope you grow up. Some people liked him before this lame site was created and some people never notice it period but they just like him and don't need your assistance to approve or disapprove because they are just themselves. Nice life if it took you that long to figure it out you are nasty and mean people .

Here is news to you

Morrissey favours the worst people from this website at
every single concert because they are his front row.
These very people here are the ones whom he plays all his favouritism to!

Yes, many others have liked him for years but these people here go on and on about how they as front row are his true fans and how he should only give concerts to them and them alone. And guess what, he does, because he does focus on them alone while the others are just good enough to pay the tickets so that those concerts are paid for. After having experienced that during the last tour and how he gives shit to others while he tickle di tickles the worst of the worst from here it was very easy for me not to buy any ticket for his upcoming mini tour or any of his rereleases.

I used to have an ID on here years back, but lost my password and try as I might could never get the password reset. I've posted maybe three times since then anonymously, as I couldn't even get a new ID. For the first time in ages I've come over here to see this very amusing thread, so registered and to my surprise it worked.

Anyhow, one of my anon posts was a three or four paragraph thingy in which I mentioned that despite his undoubted talent I felt meeting Morrissey would be bloody hard work to such a degree I'd probably turn on my heel and not bother. Would that be considered too negative if today was not poisson d'avril?

There is a difference between negative opinion and trolling, but where would the demarcation line be drawn? The truth is, as a Moz fan since the very first Peel transmissions, I find some of the positive comments here utterly nauseating. You need a bit of sand to make a pearl, and frankly if Morrissey ever was infallible, he seems rather less so now and it's not against the law to say so.

yeah I lost mine too and haven't been able to get it back or reset it.

Oh shut the f*** up, pompous ass. You are the very same thing that you're condemning, could you be anymore boring? Without this site, Morrissey is nothing more than Andy Rourke, at best. Morrissey fans are good people AND f***ing rotten people (this includes you), so what? It's no different than the real world. Pull the stick out of your ass, quit taking things so seriously. IT'S JUST LETTERS AND WORDS. Morrissey can shoot his f***ing mouth off about the Chinese, Margaret Thatcher, George Bush, Tony Blair, David Bowie, PEOPLE WHO EAT MEAT, Elton John, Depeche Mode, Mike Joyce, and AMERICANS BEING FAT, Asian Ruts, Bengali IN Platforms, and Reggae. BUT! People who come to this site should be "polite" and maintain some sort of cooth? Are you even aware how f***ing stupid you sound? We are a product of Morrissey. And we, in fact, are apart of Morrissey as much as Morrissey's pasty inner-thighs are apart of Morrissey. If you hate us, you hate Morrissey. And if you say that you don't need this site, THEN WHAT THE f*** ARE YOU DOING HERE AND WRITING COMMENTS FOR? Dumbass.

Exactly, nothing could be more revealing about Morrissey and his personality than the people on this website together with who gets the special treatment at concerts. It is a cognitive process however and takes some incredible effort to get into your brain that Morrissey is not the man whom you thought he was so that it is very understandable that it is not so easy for people to just let go, because it takes some time.

Where will Viva Morrissey go to post his diatribes if anonymous posting is disallowed?

Paul is a sick man, sick sick man.

Nothing makes you appreciate something like the threat of it going away. I love this site just the way it is and I'd be heart-broken if it went away.

shame an april fool's day joke get a mud throwing thread

delete this item David, it's in europe allready half a day april 2nd, well minus 2 hours

Morrissey-solo.com forever,

:guitar:

Lol smells of desperatation, paranoia and sell out to me. If you really want to improve the site, firstly dump kewpie. She is people poison. Also I don't get the hate of annyomous comments. Apparently it's cowardly to do so. Because posting the exact same thing under a name like "johnnypockets66" is so much better even if the comment is the same! How does that make any difference.

I'm all for trying to control the troublemakers who hang out here, but I hope there's a solution that doesn't involve merging the forums with Facebook (whatever "using Facebook to handle the commenting" means). Wouldn't disabling anonymous posting be enough?

Long live MorrisseyLoversUnited!

well I posted that option too, and more, jus ano read but no posting

the story is old but it goes on

as Morrissey-solo.com

God damn your black heart, David Tseng.

Just when I thought you had a lick of sense. Sure, it's your site, but it's ours as well. Why would you want to carry on with the pathetic hate-mongering?

Seriously. I am truly disappointed. In you. I know it was April fools, but you
had a real golden chance, and you squandered it.

I'm with Morrissey.

Could you delve so-low?

Obviously you can. Do the right thing, you daft f***er.:crazy:

Don't tell me what to do. Thanks.

I WILL tell you what to do. Why? Because it's precisely these sort of exchanges that make it truly painful to come to this site. You and your petty grievances mean f*** all to the rest of us who come here for educational and informative news on all things Moz related. I could give a shit less, frankly. If Julia would provide half the info that this site does, I'd erase my bookmark in a heartbeat. All of this has NOTHING to do with Morrissey.

I truly wish that David had a better sense of humor and style, because to allow this sort of thing to continue is to unleash those proverbial "15 miles of shit" that Morrissey sang about, and you know what?

"I do not I do not I DO NOT LIKE IT"!

Give me a break already. Wit. Style. Grace. Poise.

These things used to be a prerequisite to being a part of the Morrissey fan club.

People like you have surely lost the plot somewhere.

Julia Riley is just bitter because her site is SHIT....keep up the good work David!

Julia Riley is pleased as punch because her site is 100% endorsed by Morrissey himself.

Have you ever been to a show and heard

"So, David... What do you think? What should we play next"?

Me neither.

I WILL tell you what to do. Why? Because it's precisely these sort of exchanges that make it truly painful to come to this site. You and your petty grievances mean f*** all to the rest of us who come here for educational and informative news on all things Moz related. I could give a shit less, frankly. If Julia would provide half the info that this site does, I'd erase my bookmark in a heartbeat. All of this has NOTHING to do with Morrissey.

I truly wish that David had a better sense of humor and style, because to allow this sort of thing to continue is to unleash those proverbial "15 miles of shit" that Morrissey sang about, and you know what?

"I do not I do not I DO NOT LIKE IT"!

Give me a break already. Wit. Style. Grace. Poise.

These things used to be a prerequisite to being a part of the Morrissey fan club.

People like you have surely lost the plot somewhere.

Yeah, Morrissey will be very proud of you. Don't forget to stand front row so that you'll get you hand tickled. Luckily you already posted your picture so that he knows who you are.

If this is true Morrisseyloversunited will sink like a stone. Without the bile it's nothing.

My goodness, what a bunch of drama queens. Even though it was clearly an April Fool prank, it didn't take long for the vitriol to erupt, so nothing's new there then.

The sad irony is that a lot (but not ALL) of the ideas in this hoax are pretty good. Removing the ability to post anonymously would certainly reduce the unpleasantness that frequently drags this site down since it's clear so many of the haters are spineless cowards who wouldn't have the guts to post under a regular username as no-one would take their on-topic posts seriously.

Sure So Low has more up-to-date Moz news than any other site, but the personal vendettas and personality disorders that flourish here are deeply dispiriting. I think a lot of the anonymous posters sincerely believe they are emulating their hero with their words, style and tone, but they are tragically deluded: there's a big, big difference between waspish digs at Elton John, Mike Joyce and High Court Judges and the torrents of ignorant, mean-spirited bile that regularly spew out on to this front page. If this were my site and Moz continually referred it to it as So Low (and is it any wonder he does?), I'd be embarrassed and ashamed beyond belief.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom