Morrissey-solo is now MorrisseyLoversUnited

As part of the ongoing changes, from now on the site previously known as "Morrissey-solo.com" is changing to "MorrisseyLoversUnited.com". Please change your bookmarks accordingly.

This change signifies a move away from the past site's reputation of negativity in advance of the new releases and tour. Rather than keep the open policy on the site, anything deemed negative or otherwise too critical may be removed from the site at any time. Frankly, I also have wanted to change the name for a while as I have really gotten sick of people using the term 'solow' in describing the site.

Further down the road some changes include most likely getting rid of anonymous comments as many people have requested. One person pointed out a little while ago that "the site was rendered obsolete by Facebook, Wikipedia, and various search engine options." At first I dismissed the idea but after some consideration it does appear to be happening so I will be making some more changes such as using Facebook to handle the commenting. I look at Facebook and they are growing at an amazing rate and most comments posted there are nice and supportive. I hardly see anyone attacking anyone else and everyone is friends, isn't that an ideal environment for discussion?

Fellow Morrissey lovers, this is our time, at last. Unite and Take Over!

Last edited:
I used to have an ID on here years back, but lost my password and try as I might could never get the password reset. I've posted maybe three times since then anonymously, as I couldn't even get a new ID. For the first time in ages I've come over here to see this very amusing thread, so registered and to my surprise it worked.

Anyhow, one of my anon posts was a three or four paragraph thingy in which I mentioned that despite his undoubted talent I felt meeting Morrissey would be bloody hard work to such a degree I'd probably turn on my heel and not bother. Would that be considered too negative if today was not poisson d'avril?

There is a difference between negative opinion and trolling, but where would the demarcation line be drawn? The truth is, as a Moz fan since the very first Peel transmissions, I find some of the positive comments here utterly nauseating. You need a bit of sand to make a pearl, and frankly if Morrissey ever was infallible, he seems rather less so now and it's not against the law to say so.

Oh, very nice. :lbf:

MorrisseyLoversUnited sounds like either a new UK football team or a sad little support group that have come together to work through their pain from being jilted so often by the Man.

He would indeed have many.

I hope this isn't an April's Fool joke. I'd really like to see this site tighten up the loose ends.

Sounds good to me.
Anything to keep the negative people, trolls, and people who just want to argue.
I am up for that anytime. Good call

What a shame you didn't realise this sooner. Nothing will ever undo the damage that's been done as a result of your 'Laissez faire' policy. You'll no doubt blame 'rogue' site users, or 'trolls', as you've rushed to label anyone who didn't toe the SoLow line on things, for posting hurtful, harmful, and downright malicious filth, but let's never forget, you and you alone always had the power to remove anything you deemed unacceptable, and the fact that you've repeatedly left vicious and malevolent posts displayed on the site, regardless of how many people complained, while gleefully removing posts that criticised you personally, will never be forgotten.
This site is now a source of quite considerable revenue from advertisers, and it's this and this alone which has brought about your sudden change of heart. You're simply protecting your commercial interests like the base and vulgar creature you are.
This site will always be referred to as SoLow, and you will always be despised for allowing Morrissey's name to be dragged through fifteen miles of shit on a daily basis here.
Rot in Hell Mr. Tseng.

What a shame you didn't realise this sooner. Nothing will ever undo the damage that's been done as a result of your 'Laissez faire' policy. You'll no doubt blame 'rogue' site users, or 'trolls', as you've rushed to label anyone who didn't toe the SoLow line on things, for posting hurtful, harmful, and downright malicious filth, but let's never forget, you and you alone always had the power to remove anything you deemed unacceptable, and the fact that you've repeatedly left vicious and malevolent posts displayed on the site, regardless of how many people complained, while gleefully removing posts that criticised you personally, will never be forgotten.
This site is now a source of quite considerable revenue from advertisers, and it's this and this alone which has brought about your sudden change of heart. You're simply protecting your commercial interests like the base and vulgar creature you are.
This site will always be referred to as SoLow, and you will always be despised for allowing Morrissey's name to be dragged through fifteen miles of shit on a daily basis here.
Rot in Hell Mr. Tseng.

The Laissez-Faire policy that allows and has allowed arseholes like you to post your shit over the years? Yes, that'll be it Mr 'Anonymous'.

I see some things never change. Uncleskinny still leaping to the 'defence' of his Master, and abusing anyone who doesn't toe the SoLow line on things. Why is someone's opinion deemed as 'shit' simply because you don't agree with it Skinny? This kind of elitism and favouritism, whereby moderators consider themselves and their views of greater importance than mere 'ordinary' site users, and the fact that these same moderators, as well as Mr. Tseng himself, have always played favourites and marginalised/banned those who didn't 'play ball' with the likes of the execrable Uncleskinny.
That you're an ugly man Uncleskinny is not in dispute, but must you confound this by also being a stupid man? Not an attractive combination.

I see some things never change. Uncleskinny still leaping to the 'defence' of his Master, and abusing anyone who doesn't toe the SoLow line on things. Why is someone's opinion deemed as 'shit' simply because you don't agree with it Skinny? This kind of elitism and favouritism, whereby moderators consider themselves and their views of greater importance than mere 'ordinary' site users, and the fact that these same moderators, as well as Mr. Tseng himself, have always played favourites and marginalised/banned those who didn't 'play ball' with the likes of the execrable Uncleskinny.
That you're an ugly man Uncleskinny is not in dispute, but must you confound this by also being a stupid man? Not an attractive combination.

Wind 'em up, watch 'em go...

Rot in Hell Mr. Tseng.

Shouldn't you be rehearsing for the upcoming tour?

Hey Paul, sorry, Anonymous, get off the computer, you'll miss your bus.

Is this a "joke"? - Whilst I think you should moderate the negative unfounded rumors and damaging gossip about Morrissey and his crew that often pollutes the FRONT pages of this place and also actively prevent the damaging links to leaks of new material on these pages that always dog releases, i don't think you need to get rid of anonymous as i like his/her contribution. There is a difference between censorship and moderation. Everything in moderation i say, but some of your moderators are rude beyond belief and act more like the very worst kind of smug prefect (you know who your are), there needs to be a cull and soon. The facebook comment make me think you must be joking but if you think this joke is funny then you MUST be joking. Either way it isn't really the negativity that is the problem its the damaging lies reported, publicized and circulated on here that are the problem - who is laughing now?.... i shudder to think.

Is this a "joke"? - Whilst I think you should moderate the negative unfounded rumors and damaging gossip about Morrissey and his crew that often pollutes the FRONT pages of this place and also actively prevent the damaging links to leaks of new material on these pages that always dog releases, i don't think you need to get rid of anonymous as i like his/her contribution. There is a difference between censorship and moderation. Everything in moderation i say, but some of your moderators are rude beyond belief and act more like the very worst kind of smug prefect (you know who your are), there needs to be a cull and soon. The facebook comment make me think you must be joking but if you think this joke is funny then you MUST be joking. Either way it isn't really the negativity that is the problem its the damaging lies reported, publicized and circulated on here that are the problem - who is laughing now?.... i shudder to think.

I wonder what all your 'fans' would think if they knew what you got up to in the past Paul? You don't like me because I am one of the very few people who know exactly what you've got up to over the years, because I was behind the scenes watching on this site. I could make a list. would you like me to?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom