The smiths/Morrissey convention 2011

K

KenzieW

Andy Rourke is a special guest DJ.
moz11.jpg

http://www.musicconventions.com/

Is anyone going to this?

I'm going. You are one of only two who actually replied to my introduction, no kidding two minutes ago I was about to ask the same question regarding this event. Well I'll be there. Likely to be the one to go and stand on my own and leave on my own. 1st generation Smiths fan going all by myself. Please say hello........I'll be the guy braving the crafty Smiths jacket I still own from the days......

Last edited:
I wish I could go. Sadly it is too far and late on a Sunday. If it was on a Saturday or Friday I would definitely be there, but I can't. :( Let me know what it's like and how Andy is. I have never gone before because it's on Sundays.

2011 Smiths/Morrissey Convention

I just bought tickets for this years Smiths/Morrissey Convention at the Music Box in Hollywood. It is going to be my first time going and I am just wondering, to others who have gone before, what to expect. I know that Andy Rourke (bassist for The Smiths) will be there so I'm pretty excited for that. Also tribute bands Louder Than Bombs and These Charming Men will be playing. Anyone have input?

Re: 2011 Smiths/Morrissey Convention

The patio is nice on the roof. Go get a beer up there and look at the Pantages and the shwanky hotels.

Just got back from the convention, everything was great. BOTH bands were excellent, the crowd was into it, Jay Tando(STRMF) was there doing interviews w/fans, and taking pix, The guys who run the convention did a great job, as always. Looking forward to next year's event. Met some cool people in line too.To the 2 sisters(You're both gorgeous, and nice), thank you. Omar, you're one cool dude.

I haven't been in ages. Were there any good vendors? Any good buys (i.e. rare promos, etc...)

Back
Top Bottom