nobody loves U.S

Of course they do, of course they do... (oi!)

> thats sad that you assume that a difference of opinion is being¿ defensive

Is it not defensive to call me sad? ;) heh... The non-defensive thing to say would have been "I was simply stating a difference of opinion." Or simply to have said nothing at all.

Oh, and btw, you ignored my main point again... but maybe that's because it was sound. I think your posts to "the King" say that you know there are people in need... and maybe now you see that sometimes, in a capitalist society, (since there is LOSS to make profit) people go unemployed... that your resentment lies with those you deem lazy. Have you ever spoken with them? I think at least half of the people you're talking about are gravely mentally ill. Just my opinion...¿ the fact is your trying to make it sound like it's 20 people¿ doing.. it is alot bigger then you think... Just because you¿ don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist..

Well, I have known quite a few welfare recipients... I have volunteered with agencies that come in constant contact with people on assistance... and I've never encountered one "welfare mother." I also have family members who have been on aid and became productive. I have also read several studies that quote the percentage as quite low... oh well, I tire of the argument anyway... I'm just on here to forget about all the really sh!tty people in the world (the ones that are trying to d!ck me over right now... oh deary me...)¿ Yeah I guess I was the only one No it wasn't a¿ "Phase" I could'nt do it because of my social¿ responsiblity.. Many of the kids I grew up with are still doing¿ and are no better off.. and the fact is I just moved to another¿ state, another city and it's the same here.. just the faces have¿ changed. I admited that there are some people that need¿ assistance.. but for a long period of time..i mean how can you¿ expect me to help someone who isn't willing to help themselves??¿ I use to work construction and my boss would offer these morons¿ who stand on our off ramps begging for money jobs and they would¿ make excuses on why they couldn't come to work.. and i don't¿ mean it happend once. the point is more of our tax dollars go to¿ supporting people who don't fully need.. that abuse the system¿ and if you want to remain blind and give these people the¿ benifit of the doubt then fine but I have been there .. I have¿ trained hopped all over this country and been to almost every¿ city.. it's not just in my little world or my cirlce of¿ friends.. it's everywhere

Like I said earlier, there are factors you may not be considering, one of which is the mental health of the people you describe.¿ Yeah thats fine you do.. and if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy¿ then I guess you can sleep easier.. thats fine.. the point is I¿ can't afford to do that.. I hardly make enough to keep myself¿ afloat.. much less people who don't even try and frankly I don't¿ care anymore. I guess that makes me cold or whatever. so be it

No, it doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy... well, it often does, but it also often makes me dog tired, because I work 13 hours a day for $2 an hour taking care of those kids. Yes, you read that correctly, $2 an hour. Fortunately I have a fiance that makes enough to pay most of the bills. After we've narrowly broken even, I give whatever extra money my fiance has earned that week to my family members I am trying to keep off the street. So touche, I suppose. I don't want to seem holier than thou... I just want you to know that someone who is being screwed over by a lot of people right now can still work for nothing but the gratitude of a few small children who get nothing at home except for the floor they sleep on. And I still have enough compassion to believe that our capitalistic system is what is keeping people down... that and over-population. etc... etc...

I'm damn tired tonight. I just found out that on top of my $25,000 debt, my father has just screwed me with $80,000 more... oh, sh!t, what am I telling you this for? :) I guess I'm just feeling like telling it to someone... and I don't feel like burdening the children. ;) I hope you don't mind... and, oh well, I suppose it could be worse. I could be mentally ill, homeless, sleeping on concrete, with people walking by judging me... (not necessarily you, NT, but you know there are people who do)

Take care,
Gothy

10 notes on a summers day.

Hey I hold nothing against you.. I unfortunatly can't carry on with this discusion anymore..since you told me a little about your trouble.. so here is a little of mine.. I guess my selfishness comes from being d!cked over by people.. I have speant the last 3 years keeping people out untill I met this wonderful girl and I just couldn't anymore..so I crossed my fingers and let her, not to get to deep into it right now my heart is torn and there really is nothing to do but shut down and I guess feel sorry for myself.. thanks though for the stimulating discussion..you seem like a delightful person.

" If today is my last day tomorrow I fear no more"

Re: Alternative Ulster

I realise your probably not here to read this, but your 10 Amendments are equivalent to the 10 commandments ie they are probably out of date. The right to bear arms really only applies to those countries that are not democracies, and since the US is a democracy then clearly there is no reason to bear arms - the right to vote is the greatest weapon there is. Look at northern ireland and the various terrorist organizations there - do these groups have the right to bear arms and set up their own armies - both Ireland and the UK are democracies, its for the democratically elected governments of these to nations to deal with the problem. If individuals wish to carry guns then they should have a good reason, and be approipriatly licenced. The only reason Americans feel it neccessary to carry guns is because of the level of crime in your country. In the UK, no one carries guns - not even the police, so their are virtually no incidents of gun crime or homicide. The criminals dont carry guns because the police dont, and the police dont because the criminals dont.
If Britain suddenly became a non-democracy then I would defend everyones right to carry weapons at that point only.¿ that's absurd.. It must suck...yes I said sucks.. knowing your¿ govt doesn't give you the freedom to defend yourself or your¿ loveones..are you even fimilar with our 10 admendments and why¿ we have the right to keep and bare arms?¿ "Amendment II¿ A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a¿ free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall¿ not be infringed"¿ I don't see you attacking Switzerland and the fact that guns are¿ handed out to able body people in defense of thier borders.. We¿ have that to protect us from our govt..essentialy.. govt should¿ be afriad of it's people not the other way around..

give em an inch and they'll take your life.

Go to America? What a marvelous idea - but what would I do when I got there? I suppose I could go to Disney Land/World - I'm a big fan of plastic castles.
Also, could you please explain your homicide levels - I cant help thinking that its got something to do with guns.¿ they you go hiding behind stupid statistics again...NT is right,¿ you should actually go to America to see for yourself...not¿ everyone likes big guns and fits into your outrageous¿ stereotype.

give em an inch and they'll take your life.

> I realise your probably not here to read this, but your 10¿ Amendments are equivalent to the 10 commandments ie they are¿ probably out of date. The right to bear arms really only applies¿ to those countries that are not democracies, and since the US is¿ a democracy then clearly there is no reason to bear arms - the¿ right to vote is the greatest weapon there is. Look at northern¿ ireland and the various terrorist organizations there - do these¿ groups have the right to bear arms and set up their own armies -¿ both Ireland and the UK are democracies, its for the¿ democratically elected governments of these to nations to deal¿ with the problem. If individuals wish to carry guns then they¿ should have a good reason, and be approipriatly licenced. The¿ only reason Americans feel it neccessary to carry guns is¿ because of the level of crime in your country. In the UK, no one¿ carries guns - not even the police, so their are virtually no¿ incidents of gun crime or homicide. The criminals dont carry¿ guns because the police dont, and the police dont because the¿ criminals dont.¿ If Britain suddenly became a non-democracy then I would defend¿ everyones right to carry weapons at that point only.

but my friend by the time it became that way it would be to late...the fact is you still have crime in the UK the criminals will carry boards with nails in them if they have to..you can't take away everything and think thats going to stop crime..I.. i can't go on it's just not in me heart right now.. hope you understand

> Go to America? What a marvelous idea - but what would I do when¿ I got there? I suppose I could go to Disney Land/World - I'm a¿ big fan of plastic castles.

don't forget our plastic people=)¿ Also, could you please explain your homicide levels - I cant¿ help thinking that its got something to do with guns.

no it has something to do with the idiot behind the trigger

Re: and I hope you break your neck, NT

> well the fact is this is the way sh!t works here.. if you don't¿ like the way our economy works then why don't you leave? Why¿ don't you try another country specifically one thats not so¿ influenced by the western civilization.

that's an ignorant response, especially when I already pointed it out as a cliche knee-jerk reaction. no, I prefer to change reality. Most people are too ignorant to understand that concept (you for example.)

beavis18.jpg

Back
Top Bottom