How long will it take for him to cancel Cheltenham

Brel

Guttersnipe
He is to play Cheltenham Racecourse, the home of UK National Hunt Horseracing. This will be cancelled the secend the penny drops!

Re: How long will it take for his to cancel Cheltenham

He should cancel them all and do Manchester instead ;)

He should cancel them all and do Manchester instead ;)

Not at all. There are parts of the UK that have been blessed with my presence only due to Morrissey being in town. Manchester can have me anythime :D:D

lolll. So are you still buying tickets for Cheltenham, then?

No, but I'll set up a bookies on the course and offer 100/1 on him doing this one!!!

Last edited:

lol!

I thought he would have learnt since the last tour that these tiny venues don't help anyone. He really should play the major cities and not do as many.. so everyone that wants to go can get to them without having to travel to places like Bradford..

I'll be buying a ticket for cheltenham so I hope he doesn't cancel, but I remember when he played at Cheltenham town hall he made comments about the countryside alliance.

From passions just like mine:

He commented about the Countryside Alliance/Farmers ruining the English Shires. He also mentioned that he was playing next in Oxford, "the centre of Animal Terrorism" or words to that effect

lol!

I thought he would have learnt since the last tour that these tiny venues don't help anyone. He really should play the major cities and not do as many.. so everyone that wants to go can get to them without having to travel to places like Bradford..

The tiny venues are part of the Morrissey live attraction. He feeds off the crowd and the crowd feed off him.

Much better to see him in a tiny venue in the middle of nowhere than say Liverpool Echo Arena for example.

Last edited:

arghhhhhhhhhhhh, dont even joke about that, shame its in a raccourse, but i love cheltenham and i REALLY want to see him there.

The tiny venues are part of the Morrissey live attraction. He feeds off the crowd and the crowd feed off him.

Much better to see him in a tiny venue in the middle of nowhere than say Liverpool Echo Arena for example.

The Centaur is not a tiny venue by any stretch of the imagination. It is quite a large venue, holding 4,000 people for a standing gig. All academic, as he will cancel.

The Centaur is not a tiny venue by any stretch of the imagination. It is quite a large venue, holding 4,000 people for a standing gig. All academic, as he will cancel.

Sorry I was thinking about Dunoon

No, I'm sorry. I'm stood in the kitchen and there is a glare on my laptop screen. I assumed you were talking about Cheltenham, given the thread and all? :)

TTY says he's looking for an alternative venue!

this is a nightmare! to get the great news that your favourite artist is playing your hometown, for your thrill to be thwarted within hours. the cheltenham town hall is vacant that evening, so the sensible and least disruptive course of action would be to book there surely? people have already made plans for that cheltenham date, hoping that this tour wont be so dislocated as was the last one. cheltenham is an ideal place with a massive morrissey fanbase, im sure many fans will be upset to learn that they have been given a glimmer of hope then disregarded, when fair enough, the racecourse is unsuitable, but the town hall is vacant. why go elsewhere!?!?!

this is a nightmare! to get the great news that your favourite artist is playing your hometown, for your thrill to be thwarted within hours. the cheltenham town hall is vacant that evening, so the sensible and least disruptive course of action would be to book there surely? people have already made plans for that cheltenham date, hoping that this tour wont be so dislocated as was the last one. cheltenham is an ideal place with a massive morrissey fanbase, im sure many fans will be upset to learn that they have been given a glimmer of hope then disregarded, when fair enough, the racecourse is unsuitable, but the town hall is vacant. why go elsewhere!?!?!

The Cheltenham Town Hall is doubtful as an alternative, in my opinion. Although logistically practical, he has to accommodate the loss of 4,000 ticket sales, which will have been factored into the tour. The Jockey Club (owners of the Centaur) are likely to be contractually due money from Morrissey. Don't be surprised to see the replacement being a big one!

Also, apart from the replacement there are to be no more UK gigs. Sounds like Morrissey isn't happy with the UK tour management to me? Be thankful that the tour is still on!

ring the town hall and tell them to get onto Moz's people pronto.

larger venues attracts the idiots while bradford will be blessed with is presences

My 5th cancellation, well at least this time it was before I bought a ticket / got to the venue

Could you really see moz playing this date? At least he's looking for an alternative venue.

Also only Uk dates of the year? IMO its a lie, just a way to ensure that all the tickets are snapped up. Cant see him touring without at least one London date

Morrissey is such a girl

He's cancelled Cheltenham because it's at the racecourse.

Animals eh? You can't eat them, you can't race them, what can you do with them?!

Back
Top Bottom