Morrissey confirmed for Hop Farm Festival

HI, I just woke up from a wet dream, where Moz, Lou, Iggy, and Patti were all playing on the same stage in the same evening...

And then seeing Pulp the following day, and Lou again the day after that? f*** me!

Guess it's all perspective then. £76 for four of my greatest heroes that ever lived seems like a steal to me!

I only hope that he comes to Scandinavia or northern Germany. Otherwise I might have to fly to the UK. I feel a need to see him again - soon.

If it hasn't been announced on 'True to You' has it really been announced? I'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone who's bought a ticket.

I've never seen Morrissey in a field. Should I book for this one? Surely there will be other dates. I think Lou Reed's 'New York' was great, but I can't say that I'm keen to see that guy who advertises car insurance in a hurry. Intrigued by Mary Coughlan - I know nothing of her.

Morrissey asked Hop Farm to include Mary Coughlan on the bill, and they obliged. :)

But he didn't ask to have Bryan Ferret removed then? Or did they just not oblige?

I can only talk about what I know. All of the Moz-related bands are on Saturday. Ferret is on Friday. He probably had something to do with that.

It's a smashing bill, but a farm in Kent is about the last place on earth I could imagine enjoying a Morrissey concert.
I'm tingling that he's back on the attack etc. {will we have new material for the Kent farm?}, but also distinctly queasy about the possiblity of the imminent announcement of a whole UK tour. I'm skint as hell, and today my place of work announced they'll be cutting 100 jobs by the end of the year. I'm already adjusting my mental britches to the fact that I'll be lucky if I get to more than one gig this time around. Oh well, so it goes...:)

Last edited:
It's a smashing bill, but a farm in Kent is about the last place on earth I could imagine enjoying a Morrissey concert.
I'm tingling that he's back on the attack etc. {will we have new material for the Kent farm}, but also distinctly queasy about the possiblity of the imminent announcement of a whole UK tour. I'm skint as hell, and today my place of work announced they'll be cutting 100 jobs by the end of the year. I'm already adjusting my mental britches to the fact that I'll be lucky if I get to more than one gig this time around. Oh well, so it goes...:)

oh noes! *crosses fingers for you*
its a complete ass isnt it, I wont be attending either, its just too much hassle and too much £. sadly.

oh noes! *crosses fingers for you*
its a complete ass isnt it, I wont be attending either, its just too much hassle and too much £. sadly.

Thanks alottie :)

Kent is too far for me unfortunately.
Will wait for the UK tour to be announced, I am almost 100% certain there will be one this year.

Thanks alottie :)

lets console ourselves by thinking of all the nasty things that'll happen, the wasp attacks the heatwave, the rain.. the HUGE pit that you'd need a bus ride to get across. the stench of burning flesh. (although im sure none of that will be allowed anywhere on saturday) the traffic queues, the pick pockets...
feeling better yet? ;-)

Guess it's all perspective then. £76 for four of my greatest heroes that ever lived seems like a steal to me!

It's worth it. I know it's not cheap but to pay to watch Moz, Lou Reed. Patti Smith e Iggy Pop is amazing. Unfortunately I probably don't go.... abut I'd rather lose both of my legs than miss it out.

It's all confirmed by the girl on the Hot line, just bought my ticket!

Back
Top Bottom