Morrissey confirmed for Hop Farm Festival

It's a smashing bill, but a farm in Kent is about the last place on earth I could imagine enjoying a Morrissey concert.
I'm tingling that he's back on the attack etc. {will we have new material for the Kent farm?}, but also distinctly queasy about the possiblity of the imminent announcement of a whole UK tour. I'm skint as hell, and today my place of work announced they'll be cutting 100 jobs by the end of the year. I'm already adjusting my mental britches to the fact that I'll be lucky if I get to more than one gig this time around. Oh well, so it goes...:)

THIS. I'd love to go to Hop Farm and the line up is AMAZE but reality has struck and I literally, metaphorically, spiritually and mentally cannot afford to go.

I'm hoping that this signals that he's ready to tour again and that more dates will be announced for the Autumn. I'll be there with bells on but this is just a stretch too far.

I'll still enjoy all the posts and Youtube videos from those who do though! I hope everyone who goes has a great time and that he bahaves himself and does a full show.

Though if he debuts new material I'll cry myself to sleep. :(

this. I'd love to go to hop farm and the line up is amaze but reality has struck and i literally, metaphorically, spiritually and mentally cannot afford to go.

I'm hoping that this signals that he's ready to tour again and that more dates will be announced for the autumn. I'll be there with bells on but this is just a stretch too far.

I'll still enjoy all the posts and youtube videos from those who do though! I hope everyone who goes has a great time and that he bahaves himself and does a full show.

Though if he debuts new material i'll cry myself to sleep. :(

this ;-)

A field in the arse end of no where, sounds appaulling, but if he does'nt announce other more sophisticated arrangements, i'll have to go.
because we must.

Why the UK has to be so far away!!!!
Going now to the bad mood thread...

BTW, hello everyone.:)

A field in the arse end of no where, sounds appaulling, but if he does'nt announce other more sophisticated arrangements, i'll have to go.
because we must.

It's awful. And camping, I mean why, I'd rather eat my own toenails for breakfast. But I'll also go if nothing better shows up. Because we must. (although I'll get a taxi all the way home if I have to, I'm not a camping girl)

because we must.
how long will you wait?im hestitant to buy today...

It's awful. And camping, I mean why, I'd rather eat my own toenails for breakfast. But I'll also go if nothing better shows up. Because we must. (although I'll get a taxi all the way home if I have to, I'm not a camping girl)

One-day tickets are available if you don't want to sit through the Eagles and then camp on Friday night.

It's a smashing bill, but a farm in Kent is about the last place on earth I could imagine enjoying a Morrissey concert.
I'm tingling that he's back on the attack etc. {will we have new material for the Kent farm?}, but also distinctly queasy about the possiblity of the imminent announcement of a whole UK tour. I'm skint as hell, and today my place of work announced they'll be cutting 100 jobs by the end of the year. I'm already adjusting my mental britches to the fact that I'll be lucky if I get to more than one gig this time around. Oh well, so it goes...:)

I'm with you. I can't imagine how much this year could cost me if he does a full tour and in this current economic climate it would be a bit daft for me to go too far afield - not even sure how I would get to Kent! Lets just keep fingers crossed for the usual glut of Scottish dates where we can train it to each!! ;-)

THIS. I'd love to go to Hop Farm and the line up is AMAZE but reality has struck and I literally, metaphorically, spiritually and mentally cannot afford to go.

I'm hoping that this signals that he's ready to tour again and that more dates will be announced for the Autumn. I'll be there with bells on but this is just a stretch too far.

I'll still enjoy all the posts and Youtube videos from those who do though! I hope everyone who goes has a great time and that he bahaves himself and does a full show.

Though if he debuts new material I'll cry myself to sleep. :(

Very well said GC. I have a plane ticket available to me, but I'm waiting for a more comprehensive tour.
Does this mean that when they open the entry gates you have to stand at the barrier for 12 hours waiting for Morrissey?
Sorry I'm not familiar with festivals.

lets console ourselves by thinking of all the nasty things that'll happen, the wasp attacks the heatwave, the rain.. the HUGE pit that you'd need a bus ride to get across. the stench of burning flesh. (although im sure none of that will be allowed anywhere on saturday) the traffic queues, the pick pockets...
feeling better yet? ;-)

Thank you lottie, yes :)
Hay-fever, allergy to farmers (esp. young ones), toilet 'issues' (in that, like the Manics, I don't 'do' other peoples Port-A-Loos!), where is Kent anyway?, etcetera.
If I can see him once this year in a stinking, sweaty, bouncing, former dance hall in the East End of Glasgow with a bunch of (other) maladjusted reprobates....I shall be happy.
At least that's what I'm currently chanting to myelf...:D

The Pretenders added to The Hop Farm Festival

What an incredible line-up. Just seen the final line-up on True To You

Re: The Pretenders added to The Hop Farm Festival

Damn. Unless something really serious happens, this is one date I cannot see Moz following through on.

Re: The Pretenders added to The Hop Farm Festival

Damn. Unless something really serious happens, this is one date I cannot see Moz following through on.

Do you mean you can't see him fulfilling his commitment and playing the concert, or that you can't see him doing a full tour afterwards? Whichever option is your answer, why?

Back
Top Bottom