Morrissey at the Choice Music Prize, Dublin

Brel

Guttersnipe
Our man is at it again, this time at my favourite music venue, Vicar Street in Dublin.

The line-up for tonight runs as:-

Adebisi Shank
The Cast of Cheers
Cathy Davey
Fight Like Apes
Halves
James Vincent McMorrow
O Emperor
Two Door Cinema Club
Villagers

Re: Morrissey at the Choice Music Prize - Irish Album of the Year (Vicar Street, Dubl

Cool. Stalk him tenderly! :o

Re: Morrissey at the Choice Music Prize - Irish Album of the Year (Vicar Street, Dubl

Brel, how do you get this info before anyone else?

Can that little birdie confirm or deny the Hopfarm/2011 tour/autobiography/new albumn rumours?

A little birdie tells me ;)

Listen in to proceedings here...

http://media.todayfm.com/live_stream/popup

Brel, I heard Paul McCloone say, after playing How Soon Is Now, that he saw someone very like Morrissey downstairs, but I sensed, after all the recent coverage, that he might have just been pulling our legs. Did you hear more? He's a very good DJ, isn't he, very likable; I suppose quite like Dave Fanning in ways with his enthusing and banter. :guitar:

No, he wasn't pulling your leg but opting for understatement instead. Fanning is judging tonight isnt he?

EDIT. Update, he's gone. Perhaps he's gone into the bar at the front?

Last edited:

No, he wasn't pulling your leg but opting for understatement instead. Fanning is judging tonight isnt he?

I caught the beginning to be honest, and have only switched back on again. However, we have some validation from another source that Morrissey's still gracing Dublin with his majesty today! - http://www.state.ie/live-reviews/26525-plan-b-olympia-theatre-dublin . Dunno what I'm doing in tapping a keyboard when it's all happening out there not an hour away!

Did you hear any noticably juicy new sounds on the programme tonight?

I caught the beginning to be honest, and have only switched back on again. However, we have some validation from another source that Morrissey's still gracing Dublin with his majesty today! - http://www.state.ie/live-reviews/26525-plan-b-olympia-theatre-dublin . Dunno what I'm doing in tapping a keyboard when it's all happening out there not an hour away!

Did you hear any noticably juicy new sounds on the programme tonight?

I've not been listening for all that long. I never had Morrissey down as a Plan B fan though :eek:

I've not been listening for all that long. I never had Morrissey down as a Plan B fan though :eek:

For quite a while, I thought that the singer with Plan B was a girl. The few songs I know are nice enough. I'm not sure from reading the State piece, that Morrissey wasn't just passing the Olympia by coincidence at the time? And again there's Paul joshing that it's a Morrissey impersonator?! - before playing NYD's Jet Boy. What a crisscrossing world!

In the past couple of years, I saw live Adebisi Shank, Cathy Davey, Fight Like Apes and Villagers; maybe one or two of the others also, unknownst to me. All good 'choices'! :)

Gah! They spelled his name wrong.

And the winner is - Two Door Cinema Club -

Meanwhile, here is a message from the people of Dublin city to Morrissey! - :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if Morrissey thinks that because Ireland's people are so blighted with debt and desperation that powerful and poignant music and artists will emerge as a result..

Back
Top Bottom