Morrissey / Smiths in the media

From Alex (original post):

Morricone 2010 interview mentions 'Dear God'

Ennio Morricone Interviewed: "Compared To Bach, I'm Practically Unemployed" - The Quietus

Excerpt:

Did you meet Morrissey before working on some of the strings for Ringleader Of The Tormentors?
EM: I didn’t meet him personally, I spoke to the producer Tony Visconti before starting but you know, he did not use what I did for the album anyway. It was not his style.

Vu writes:

Noise In My Head radio station has The Smiths' "Shoplifters" poster
I thought this was pretty funny, but apparently someone at Melbourne's Triple R radio show "Noise In My Head" loves The Smiths, as seen of this photograph of the "Shoplifters of the World Unite" poster behind Bobby Boomerang (aka Dan Whitford from Cut Copy).

The full story, track listing, as well as a downloadable link, and photograph can all be found here:

13/02/11 w/ Cut Copy

zaps.jpg

From goinghome (original post):

Marianne Faithfull Interview mentions Morrissey
An interesting interview with Marianne Faithfull appears in today's Irish Times newspaper and includes a little reminder of Morrissey's collaboration with her.

"Marianne Faithfull is right. In real life, she is “very nice”. Charming. Funny. Intelligent. Generous. Ever so slightly wicked. No wonder everyone from Morrissey to Moss has lined up to bask in the icon."

'I was a very lost little girl but, better now, thank you' - The Irish Times

An anonymous person sends the link:

The Cribs - illustration by Andrew Archer

cr.jpg

[SUB]Illustration for MOJO about The Cribs going vegeterian. A remake of
The Smiths original cover 'Meat is Murder'.[/SUB]​

Last edited:
So Morricone and Morrissey haven't, in fact, worked together? WTF?!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom