Should Morrissey be more civil?

Here is how this thread is supposed to work.

1. it has very little to do with Morrissey.

Theo does have a history of bashing Morrissey politically so this isn't totally out of the blue but...

2. It's a trap.

You're supposed to say "NO MORRISSEY CAN SAY WHAT HE WANTS EVEN IF HE WANTS TO KILL THE PRESIDENT!"

Then Theo reveals that you've been had because you think it's okay for a popular artist to have a political opinion that is stated theatrically, but you don't think that the occasion of a shooting is a good time to encourage people to be less civil.

See, he has a similar thread in the pigsty but no one is paying attention to it, so he cobbled together this Morrissey connection and reposted the same thread really.

And you guys are falling for it. :)

And how!

Still, it would be a dull world without...

P.

Should Morrissey be more civil?

No.

Should Theo stop licking his own bell-end?

Yes. Probably. He's going to make it sore.

I think he just says it how he thinks it.....pretty novel in this PC era, where we have people in the public eye , saying it as they think other people want to hear it.

If I'd thought Morrissey was going to be civil all the time, I would have asked him if I could be photographed alongside him , when we shared an empty ( apart from my girlfriend ), back-street bar on a warm Swiss afternoon back in August. He was just sitting there alone , fiddling with his iPod , glass of Cardinal in front of him. He asked the bartender if he knew anything about some Swiss singer he was listening to.

Almost surreal , but my camera remained firmly in my pocket. I'd have hated a two-finger salute from an artist I've admired since he sang with Slaughter and the Dogs.

Then Theo reveals that you've been had because you think it's okay for a popular artist to have a political opinion that is stated theatrically, but you don't think that the occasion of a shooting is a good time to encourage people to be less civil.

How was Morrissey being "theatrical" when he posted to the True To You web site that he is a big cheerleader of Animal Rights Militia terrorism against scientists working on treatments for diseases?

What is a joke is people suggesting that Sarah Palin was inciting violence by putting targets on congressional districts, a cmmon practice widely used by all political parties, and first used by Democrats. I honestly wish I wouldn't have to discuss Sarah Palin, a candidate I rejected in the last election, along with McCain (I voted for Bob Barr). But lefties are so obsessed with her, they literally hang on her every tweet and force the rest of us to respond to their unhinged attacks on her and her family.

Morrissey actually intended to incite violence by his posting on True To You. He knows he's a leader in animal rights circles. He endorsed the tactics of the Animal Rights Militita. Not "theatrically", but quite sincerely.

Last edited:
I agree with you, but the right wing US user Theo thinks that Morrissey should be more careful what he says in public. :rolleyes:

No, I think leftists should stop trying to tell people who disagree with them that they have to be more careful about what they say in public. Leftists are about as far as you can get from civil in their discourse. Morrissey's animal rights fascism is merely one example, which happens to be relevant to this forum. As I said, now that they're coming after MY freedom of speech merely because I disagree with certain policies of the Democrat regime in the USA, I'm gonna drag everyone else in.

Morrissey despises freedom of speech btw. He tried to force this web site into silence with frivolous threats from his lawyer!

Morrissey should have learned a lesson about leftists. He voiced some opinions about immigration and, when it proved controversial, he went running to kiss the asses of some leftist outfit called "Love Music Hate Racism" (a group that defended Islamists making death threats against Danish cartoonists who dared to draw pictures of Muhammad (death threats which proved to be real)).

They took Morrissey's money and then, soon thereafter, purged him:

A spokesman for Love Music Hate Racism, which received a donation of £28,000 from the singer in 2008 after his apparently anti-immigration comments made in music magazine NME convulsed the media, said it would be unable to accept support from Morrissey again if he did not rescind or dispute today's comments.

"It really is just crude racism," said Martin Smith. "When you start using language like 'subspecies', you are entering into dark and murky water. I don't think we would, or could, ask him to come back after that."

LOL! The Lefty group Morrissey gave a ton of money to says he's a racist afterall! That's what you get, Morrissey.

I bet Morrissey hyped Obama because he thought it would "prove" he's not a racist, just like he thought donating a pile of dough to Love Music Hate Racism would "prove" he's not racist.

I guess I see how that works. I can't claim I voted for Obama or gave piles of money to lefty "anti-racist" groups (I think today's left-wing "anti-racist" groups are some of the most racist people I have ever come across).

But, in my defense, I have never thought of or referred to a whole group of people as a "sub-human species".....

I believe in Dr. Martin Luther King's view that people should be judged as individuals.....

Last edited:
Move this thread for f***'s sake! It has nothing to do with Morrissey. Let Theo burp his worm Off Topic.

75378-TrollFace.png

How was Morrissey being "theatrical" when he posted to the True To You web site that he is a big cheerleader of Animal Rights Militia terrorism against scientists working on treatments for diseases?

What is a joke is people suggesting that Sarah Palin was inciting violence by putting targets on congressional districts, a cmmon practice widely used by all political parties, and first used by Democrats. I honestly wish I wouldn't have to discuss Sarah Palin, a candidate I rejected in the last election, along with McCain (I voted for Bob Barr). But lefties are so obsessed with her, they literally hang on her every tweet and force the rest of us to respond to their unhinged attacks on her and her family.

Morrissey actually intended to incite violence by his posting on True To You. He knows he's a leader in animal rights circles. He endorsed the tactics of the Animal Rights Militita. Not "theatrically", but quite sincerely.

Yes, I think Morrissey's animal rights and other controversial statements are done somewhat theatrically. Maybe I'm wrong and they come from anger. In any case, for someone with your education you can't read and respond to an argument with any level of precision and your attempts to bamboozle are laughably transparent.

You're doing exactly what I said you wanted to do. You are taking my opinion of Morrissey's statment and not only extrapolating a position on Sarah Palin's culpability for the shooting, but pulling it completely out of the air. I didn't say the thing you need me to have said for your "argument" to work. Go back to school.

I think he just says it how he thinks it.....pretty novel in this PC era, where we have people in the public eye , saying it as they think other people want to hear it.

If I'd thought Morrissey was going to be civil all the time, I would have asked him if I could be photographed alongside him , when we shared an empty ( apart from my girlfriend ), back-street bar on a warm Swiss afternoon back in August. He was just sitting there alone , fiddling with his iPod , glass of Cardinal in front of him. He asked the bartender if he knew anything about some Swiss singer he was listening to.

Almost surreal , but my camera remained firmly in my pocket. I'd have hated a two-finger salute from an artist I've admired since he sang with Slaughter and the Dogs.

Good story. So he got the ipod working in the end?! Welcome. :)

No, I think leftists should stop trying to tell people who disagree with them that they have to be more careful about what they say in public. Leftists are about as far as you can get from civil in their discourse. Morrissey's animal rights fascism is merely one example, which happens to be relevant to this forum. As I said, now that they're coming after MY freedom of speech merely because I disagree with certain policies of the Democrat regime in the USA, I'm gonna drag everyone else in.

Morrissey despises freedom of speech btw. He tried to force this web site into silence with frivolous threats from his lawyer!

Morrissey should have learned a lesson about leftists. He voiced some opinions about immigration and, when it proved controversial, he went running to kiss the asses of some leftist outfit called "Love Music Hate Racism" (a group that defended Islamists making death threats against Danish cartoonists who dared to draw pictures of Muhammad (death threats which proved to be real)).

They took Morrissey's money and then, soon thereafter, purged him:

LOL! The Lefty group Morrissey gave a ton of money to says he's a racist afterall! That's what you get, Morrissey.

I bet Morrissey hyped Obama because he thought it would "prove" he's not a racist, just like he thought donating a pile of dough to Love Music Hate Racism would "prove" he's not racist.

I guess I see how that works. I can't claim I voted for Obama or gave piles of money to lefty "anti-racist" groups (I think today's left-wing "anti-racist" groups are some of the most racist people I have ever come across).

But, in my defense, I have never thought of or referred to a whole group of people as a "sub-human species".....

I believe in Dr. Martin Luther King's view that people should be judged as individuals.....

To summarise: lefty, lefty, leftist, lefty, left-wing, lefty, leftist, lefty, lefty, lefty, left, Morrissey, lefty, left.

And people dare to criticise the quality of political discourse in America.

Yes, I think Morrissey's animal rights and other controversial statements are done somewhat theatrically. Maybe I'm wrong and they come from anger. In any case, for someone with your education you can't read and respond to an argument with any level of precision and your attempts to bamboozle are laughably transparent.

You're doing exactly what I said you wanted to do. You are taking my opinion of Morrissey's statment and not only extrapolating a position on Sarah Palin's culpability for the shooting, but pulling it completely out of the air. I didn't say the thing you need me to have said for your "argument" to work. Go back to school.

You claim Morrissey's statements on True To You were "theatrical" (or, now you say, "somewhat theatrical"). Focus like a laser beam on that. Explain that. (Not everything I said in that post was intended as a direct reply to you. Only the bit about your claim it was "theatrical" was intended as a direct reply to you. So, um, most of your reply to me was silly.)

Morrissey is a public figure highly involved in the animal rights movement. He knows what he said, and he knows fringe and mentally-ill people in animal rights circles would read what he said.

His statement is the equivalent of a prominent figure in anti-abortion circles endorsing and cheerleading terrorist-style violence against abortion clinics and doctors who perform abortions. Can you explain why I'm wrong?

Actions under the label "Animal Rights Militia" are BY DEFINITION actions done outside of the Animal Liberation Front's policy of avoiding harming humans or other animals with violence (for example, actions such as sending a mail bomb to the family residence of a scientist working on treatments for cancer and AIDS). Morrissey knew this when he wrote his statement and published it, and he hasn't retracted it.

More recently, Morrissey was ranting like an extremist an humorless loon about David Cameron and why he can no longer listen to Roxy Music, and along the way stated:
"Meanwhile, the Hunt Saboteurs (who are always termed 'extremists' by the Daily Bra – as if opposing brutal killing is an extreme emotion) are themselves symbols of freedom. Hunt Saboteurs do not kill."
But Morrissey has already endorsed violent extremists who DO use terrorist violence when he endorsed the Animal Rights Militia. The Hunt Saboteurs may not be violent extremists, but Morrissey surely is (or a cheerleader of violent extremists, anyway -- he wants others to carry out the dirty work he endorses).

What was "theatrical" (or "somewhat theatrical") about those statements? Can you defend what you said, Dave, and avoid trolling me?

Last edited:
More generally, it's tiring hearing this sort of spin control ("it was just theatrical") for the pro-terrorist statements of leftist public figures like Morrissey when I, as a sympathizer (though not quite full-on member) of the Tea Party movement in the USA, am being told I'm no longer allowed to use even common and age-old war and gun metaphors when I speak of my concerns about what my government is doing.

What's ridiculous is that leftists ARE trying to silence the freedom of speech of Tea Party folks who say and do far less than all the examples from Morrissey's career I posted at the start of this thread. There's nothing I condemn about anything Morrissey said, sang, or did in any of those clips (I merely disagree with him on Thatcher, but it's okay that he hates her -- I find it hard not to hate EVERY politician in the world). The point is, the left in America are trying to silence Tea Partiers over far less than that stuff.

So who are the more tolerant people? Who are the people who have a greater support of freedom of speech?

Morrissey fans might know the answer to that if they thought about who has actually attempted to silence (as opposed to merely criticizing) MORRISSEY numerous times in his career. It was leftists.

In fact, leftists even tried to go after him over the song "Panic" (the example I posted in the beginning of this thread). They said that that song was "racist". What is racist about it? It's simply saying the music he hears on the radio says nothing to him about his life.

You'll have to ask a leftist for an explantion about the so-called "controversy" over the song "Panic", just as I'm trying to ask leftists about the so-called offenses committed by Sarah Palin when she put targets on a map of congressional districts. (I'm far more sympathetic towards the people who attack Palin for, say, her aerial wolf hunting in Alaska, which was one of the main reasons I didn't care for her record as governor of Alaska when I was deciding who to vote for.)

The controversy over "Panic" was as much B.S. as the controversy over the "uncivil rhetoric" of Tea Partiers in the wake of the Tuscon mass-murder.

All it means is that leftists wanna shut up everyone who says a word they disapprove of, and they'll manufacture "controversies" and "offenses" out of thin air in order to bully people around, and will do so in the most hypocritical fashion.

Last edited:
Morrissey should sing "Sarah Palin on the guillotine" on the Joan Rivers show.

Morrissey probably says all that animal rights stuff so that Chrissie Hynde will think he's cool.

Theo I agree with you. Morrissey should be more civil. It's outrageous that he is not. I think you should stop listening to him in protest of the double standards as of immediately.

Back
Top Bottom