94 Mtv signing with Jake

Thank you!! :) I had never seen Jake before, except his(?) belly in the sweet belly photo. But I made lots of phantasies about M and him, anyway :blushing:

The promo cover of TMYIMTCIG is Morrissey and Jake in the mirror.
Morrissey-The-More-You-Igno-25489.jpg

Oh and he's rather erroneously credited with the "Imperfect List" used at the M in Manchester/ 2004 gigs

its actually not an error according to this
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=83728&highlight=jake

@ kenzie
well the years gone by had been good to him
in recent i saw of him pics he looked(in my opinion) much better than in the 90ties
edit, 12 th of january: forgot the link to the newer pics
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=110823&page=2&highlight=jake

Last edited:
Had never seen this video either -- thanks for that. I was expecting it to be the Philadelphia Tower Records in-store signing (also for Vauxhall, also with Jake at his side). Morrissey's style at this point in his career is absolutely perfect (and timeless) IMO. Still determined to find the same 1oz silver pendant one of these days.

Here is the Philly clip. In the bit where Jake "the minder" gets slapped on the back by store security you can see how slight he is -- he almost gets knocked off his feet, hah.

Here's Morrissey's first ever London in-store, again for Vauxhall. Jake is bobbled between a tall fan and Moz at the start of the clip.

And last is a quaint news clip from '92 of a record store signing in Houston, TX. No Jake in Morrissey's life yet. Simpler times, yes?

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a great video. Thanks for posting it. Made me cry!

Me too! With laughter.
If only I had seen and known earlier...:rolleyes: Ah well, silly jealous youth. :) I suppose it was an experience...

Who knows, maybe Jake has grown up a bit too! ;)

Oh God. The kissing the poster bit takes the biscuit!:laughing:

Last edited:
Can somebody give me a bit more info on this Jake please? Are they simply rumours that they were going out or is there solid proof?

Can somebody give me a bit more info on this Jake please?

He was Morrissey's boyfriend. What more do you need to know?

Back
Top Bottom