Meat is Murder : sealed CD in original US "longbox"

FROSTY

I bought this new.... been saving it ...wondering others thoughts? I dont know if I have seen a sealed CD longbox anywhere... Thoughts?

longmurder01.png

Last edited:
ok, welll, I'll let the smiths experts weigh in, but in general, longboxes are a neat novelty nowadays, but if the cd isnt collectible on its own (with or without the box), the longbox doesnt really enhance the price.

Congratulations, you have got nice items there. :thumb:
Cheers Moz

Those are some nice items... Some people (who collect long boxes) will pay top dollar for those, especially since they are sealed. As technology grows, those will be long lost items of the late 80's early 90's and grow in value.They are a part of pop culture.

..im a fan of the history of the mediums, working in a record shop in hte US ( an independant one) at the time the LP's standard shelves were a particular size... the long box served to perfectly allow two CDs to stand in hte same place a 12" LP would side by side allowing shops to re-tool with minimal cost..

first the US Cds were not sealed inside then a 2nd gen longbox with a strange orange and red triangle was added in the lower right corner to desigante weathe the CD inside was sealed... so you could open the longbox, discard it and place hte sealed CD on lets say a 2nd gen CD shelving to allow for more CDs....

~Frost

I've got a couple of long boxes (Best II and Your Arsenal) but I can never justify the prices that sellers are asking for them - very rarely are they auction items on ebay, usually buy it now and they remain unsold.

Vinyl Tap have a few for sale at the moment - but at £60+ they are about £30 too expensive
http://www.vinyltap.co.uk/shop/item/516235697624616.aspx
http://www.vinyltap.co.uk/shop/item/500458231214712.aspx
http://www.vinyltap.co.uk/shop/item/501102086414209.aspx
http://www.vinyltap.co.uk/shop/item/501111935613589.aspx

I'd really like a Spinal Tap Break Like the Wind Extra Long Box :thumb:

1_b3c044f8139c32b5a34eb2872d88ecea.jpg

Dave

..im a fan of the history of the mediums, working in a record shop in hte US ( an independant one) at the time the LP's standard shelves were a particular size... the long box served to perfectly allow two CDs to stand in hte same place a 12" LP would side by side allowing shops to re-tool with minimal cost..

first the US Cds were not sealed inside then a 2nd gen longbox with a strange orange and red triangle was added in the lower right corner to desigante weathe the CD inside was sealed... so you could open the longbox, discard it and place hte sealed CD on lets say a 2nd gen CD shelving to allow for more CDs....

~Frost
That's cool, I didn't know that.:thumb:
Roky

...$100 US, if sealed seems astoundingly high... true these have sat for 20 years sealed and mint...

It's history to me and facinating to see the evolution of music presentation

~Frost

Hi Frosty,

I really like your Meat is Murder longbox, personally I've always thought it was their best album cover and the longbox format looks even better. I now must have one of these :D

Here are a few reminants... I used to buy the CD in longbox and open it and use it like a mini poster so a few were subjected to the knife.... sadly, I would love to have the Louder than bombs intact ha ha! ..etc...

I did however for the YA and BD manage to stop dicing them and preserve them flat...

~Frost
longremnantsgroup.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi Frosty,

I really like your Meat is Murder longbox, personally I've always thought it was their best album cover and the longbox format looks even better. I now must have one of these :D

I think the "Rank" cover is neat but the "MiM" one IS really cool.

I think I had all of these at one point....I think I kept them but cannot locate. Will have to search.....

It'd be nice if someone who owns many of those longboxes could scan the fronts and backs or take flat photos of them for the collectors appendices of "Passions Just Like Mine"...

Stephane

Back
Top Bottom