The Smiths - Unreleased Demos & Instrumentals [Bootleg Vinyl Rip]

Okay here's a bit of information for you guys. I just downloaded the files and compared them with what I have. Here's what I know:

Warner Strategic Marketing considered releasing a limited edition 2-cd set of "The Very Best Of The Smiths" in 2001. The seven tracks from the second disc were sent to various people involved in the project. All seven are on this bootleg:

Reel Around The Fountain (final Troy Tate album version)
The Hand That Rocks The Cradle (John Porter monitor mix)
This Night Has Opened My Eyes (studio version June 84)
Rusholme Ruffians (Electric version July 84)
Frankly Mr Shankly (Trumpet version november 85)
Is It Really So Strange (June 86 'single' version)
Paint A Vulgar Picture (monitor mix March 87)

A compilation of outtakes from the sessions for "The Queen Is Dead" was at some point sent to record company people for some sort of anniversary reissue of the album (25th I think). From this 18 track compilation, two songs made it on this bootleg:

The Queen Is Dead (full version)
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out (take 1)
(plus of course Frankly which I've already mentioned above)

The rest are various demos.

Untitled 1 is called "I Misses You"
Untitled 2 is called "Heavy Track"
Both here are excerpts. The full versions are longer than that.

"Sheila Take A Bow" is the Porter version from January 1987
"Ask" is the pre-remix version

The rest are monitor mixes/demos for Strangeways.

This means that the makers of this bootleg have lots more in store that they could leak on more bootlegs. I hope this will push Warner to finally put out some sort of box set or the album reissues with unreleased material. Otherwise bootleggers will be making more compilations like these and eventually cut all the profits that the labels could be making.

Stephane

Guys, this is the greatest present I can have before Christmas...god bless you all! Bit by bit we shall find all these lost demos!

Thanks Stephane for shading some light into these recordings. As you´ve said I hope some people will change there minds and will give these "unreleased" material and the other stuff a proper release. I would rather buy than just download them, but in the moment "we" have no other "choice".

... because we must

Okay here's a bit of information for you guys. I just downloaded the files and compared them with what I have. Here's what I know:

Warner Strategic Marketing considered releasing a limited edition 2-cd set of "The Very Best Of The Smiths" in 2001. The seven tracks from the second disc were sent to various people involved in the project. All seven are on this bootleg:

Reel Around The Fountain (final Troy Tate album version)
The Hand That Rocks The Cradle (John Porter monitor mix)
This Night Has Opened My Eyes (studio version June 84)
Rusholme Ruffians (Electric version July 84)
Frankly Mr Shankly (Trumpet version november 85)
Is It Really So Strange (June 86 'single' version)
Paint A Vulgar Picture (monitor mix March 87)

A compilation of outtakes from the sessions for "The Queen Is Dead" was at some point sent to record company people for some sort of anniversary reissue of the album (25th I think). From this 18 track compilation, two songs made it on this bootleg:

The Queen Is Dead (full version)
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out (take 1)
(plus of course Frankly which I've already mentioned above)

The rest are various demos.

Untitled 1 is called "I Misses You"
Untitled 2 is called "Heavy Track"
Both here are excerpts. The full versions are longer than that.

"Sheila Take A Bow" is the Porter version from January 1987
"Ask" is the pre-remix version

The rest are monitor mixes/demos for Strangeways.

This means that the makers of this bootleg have lots more in store that they could leak on more bootlegs. I hope this will push Warner to finally put out some sort of box set or the album reissues with unreleased material. Otherwise bootleggers will be making more compilations like these and eventually cut all the profits that the labels could be making.

Stephane

Thanks for the information Stephane.
Have a good Holiday

i shouldn't expect any resolution on this any time soon as it effectively means morrissey will be forced into doing something of benefit to michael (and i can't imagine him being overkeen on THAT)

I'm sure that when a certain Canadian wakes up in a few hours he will know... he knows everything.

Dave
:D

Okay here's a bit of information for you guys.....

Stephane

Thanks Stephane

Completely agree - someone at Warner should give M&M a call...

Dave

I think I prefer this version of TIALTNGO. Morrissey sing is so beautiful.

I can see why they remixed Ask then if that was the pre-remix version.

Very interesting and different but doesn't sound like a single.

I can see why The Queen is dead was cut down ... some of those drum fills are a bit dodgy

For you all older Smiths fans who were around when The Smiths were still together...does it feel like your listening to new Smiths songs whilst listening to the new unreleased instrumentals and stuff?

I have been playing the download all day. Daft as it may seem, it feels like I am listening to a new Smiths album. I am reminded again and again of why The Smiths will always be the greatest band of all time for me.

I have been playing the download all day. Daft as it may seem, it feels like I am listening to a new Smiths album. I am reminded again and again of why The Smiths will always be the greatest band of all time for me.

Same here, brother :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom