The Smiths - Unreleased Demos & Instrumentals [Bootleg Vinyl Rip]

since we have a pretty unbearable snowchaos in Stockholm right now,
words cannot describe how happy this made me !!! :)

It IS longer, I'd argue it's the same take but extended by about 10 secs at the end.

if memory serves, andy buggers up the bassline at one point in the previous version ... that would be the giveaway i guess

Must admit i've not listened to that demo anything like as much as i have the non-instrumental ones, if you can pinpoint a difference other than what could be an edited ending i'd love to know where it is.

they play at different speeds but i think thats a mastering issue

andy's screw up on the original occurs at 2.46 and doesn't happen on this new version ... the guitar solo is subtly different too

anally-retentive fact fans (such as me) should notice that these 2 alternate versions end on E whilst the released version ends on G

F**king hell! What a revelation this is. As other posts state, some we've already had, some sound almost like the official releases. Just listening to There Is A Light, right now - "I wanna see people." Thanks so much for the post of the year, Motorways. Fantastic.

F**king hell! What a revelation this is. As other posts state, some we've already had, some sound almost like the official releases. Just listening to There Is A Light, right now - "I wanna see people." Thanks so much for the post of the year, Motorways. Fantastic.

"There is a light in your eyes that never goes out..."

"There were times when I could have cheerfully strangled her..."

"Peace, love and harmony..."

"And I found a tidy tidy house, I can't help the way that I feel, oh yes you can kick me and you can beat me..."

Last edited:
Not listened to it yet, but could this be due to a speed issue?

i hear what you're saying but the chord change is just different ... the verses are in E and the choruses are in G ... the released version resolves the chorus and these version resolve to the verse ...

thanks again motorways. its like a christmas present come early! i am sure it will make interesting listening...thank you

The Queen Is Dead sounds to be the same take as the one on QID but unedited.
Reel Around The Fountain sounds like the Troy Tate v1 demo but with slightly more of the bit at the beginning before the drums kick in.
Frankly Mr Shankly, the Shoplifters instrumental, and Paint A Vulgar picture are what we've had before.

Wonderful stuff, truly a revelation.

Seems to be the "long" version of The Queen is dead as mentiened in the Simon Goddard book

Eternal thanks for the upload, truly post of the year and the best xmas-present

is it possible that 'untitled two' is 'heavy track'? haven't checked but it seems to follow the right chord pattern ...

wow.... thanks for this motorways
this is incredible

Back
Top Bottom