Love?

Do you believe that love is real to you?

• Yes

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Mehh, I want to go back to sleep please

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
D

DAVIE

What is love? Does it exist? Is it a feeling? Is it something in our brain? Is it simply lust? Is it a man-made belief? How has love lasted this long? Is the word love over-used? Is love something we all can experience? Do we actually understand what love is?

What is love? Does it exist? Is it a feeling? Is it something in our brain? Is it simply lust? Is it a man-made belief? How has love lasted this long? Is the word love over-used? Is love something we all can experience? Do we actually understand what love is?

well i've known what it's like to be 'in love'. it was an unrequited love and thankfully it's only happned once. as to your litany of questions the only thing i can inform you of is love is most definetly unrelated to lust. Lust and love are on a completely differnt order of magnitude. In fact from what you've posted I think i can say with some certianty you have no idea what being 'in love' is and my friend, you don't know how lucky you are!

how old are you btw?

I am a late teen, very young in looks but older in mind and spirit...

I think Moz is much more optimistic about love than I am...
"My faith in love is still devout"
"There is a light that never goes out"
Bollocks.

Foreplay.

:lbf:

I think it both exists and doesn't exist. I think that the feeling that you experience is very much a feeling caused by your own expectations, we have this socially learnt picture of what love is, what love feels like, what love is supposed to be. But at some level I do think that it's biological, since the human race wouldn't survive if we didn't feel love, lust, attraction or whatever you want to call it. So I do believe that some sort of "love" is biological and a very real feeling but in the same time it's also somthing that exists because we expect it to exist, a social construction.

well i've known what it's like to be 'in love'. it was an unrequited love and thankfully it's only happned once. as to your litany of questions the only thing i can inform you of is love is most definetly unrelated to lust. Lust and love are on a completely differnt order of magnitude. In fact from what you've posted I think i can say with some certianty you have no idea what being 'in love' is and my friend, you don't know how lucky you are!

Exactly. Although I have no real idea/experience of love, one thing that I can firmly say I believe is that the concept of "love at first sight" is a load of sentimental twaddle. On seeing someone for the first time and knowing nothing about them or their personality, I don't believe you can possibly even begin to experience whatever you might define it as. A strong lust or affection at best, but not love. They are completely different things, which is why it confuses me when people say you can't have sex without being in love, or even vice versa. The way I see it, lust is mainly a biological drive, whilst love is more emotional (although of course there is some overlap and one may influence the other).

Last edited:
I hate love, it messes with you, especially when you fall in love with someone and they don't love you back, sucks and takes ages to get over them.

tumblr_lb5w39KtHn1qe0eclo1_r4_500.gif

Is that what mrs. Ms. Blaze usually looks like?

I hate love, it messes with you

I love love, it keeps you upright. As long as it is attached to no person.
Love is the spine of being true, except of course one's inner truth is hatred. But I don't know anyone who's in peace with himself having this as their mental skeleton.

Do we actually understand what love is?
I dare say no, for love is nothing you can hunt down and dissect. It is something through which you are. And it is barely possible to say who you are without lying or over-simplifying.

Do I believe in love?
Who cares! But I do. It is far better than believing in the real world. Which of course doesn't mean that love is not real. It's super-real.

No matter if you are married or "committed" to one person...I doubt the feeling of lust will ever go away, that's the thing most men and women fear the most. I certainly am one of them...

Maybe it's the reality of the beholder...there's no general answer, there is only an answer for the individual

Back
Top Bottom