Love?

Do you believe that love is real to you?

• Yes

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Mehh, I want to go back to sleep please

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
Maybe it's the reality of the beholder...there's no general answer, there is only an answer for the individual

I agree. I think it exists. (This is just from observations, I have never been in love.)

I've never been in love either. I don't think it's particularly unusual (and before anyone even thinks of posting a video, leave Tom Jones out of this :p).

How old are you though, just out of curiosity?
Have you allowed yourself to fall in love or have you stayed clear from people?

How old are you though, just out of curiosity?
Have you allowed yourself to fall in love or have you stayed clear from people?

18. It takes me a very long time with people in general, but partly it just hasn't happened yet. I'm ok with that for now though, and think there are quite a few people out there probably in the same situation.

18. It takes me a very long time with people in general, but partly it just hasn't happened yet. I'm ok with that for now though, and think there are quite a few people out there probably in the same situation.

As Morrissey once said quite rightly, "These Things Take Time"

18, aye? I'm thinking that maybe you and Davie should... :highfive:

There are 3 basic kinds of love. :straightface:
Duty, Honor, Country
haha, just kidding :p maybe :confused:
let me break it down for you a different way :crazy:
1. There is love for one's family & friends, this one means that even when you cannot stand them anymore(like me with my mother)
Well, you still love them.

2. There is love for oneself, this one is very hard to me to get my head & heart around, because it means not hating oneself for all the crappy things you have done. I do not do that, I have little self love, I hate myself way too much for that, but what are you gonna do, right?

3. There is love for ideas, symbols and things like that, somehow I think Morrissey falls into this category, or maybe God, well, I think some of you know what I mean.

& finally

4. There is romantic love, the kind between two people and I do not mean just physically, though that is an important element of it. Romantic love is the one that intoxicates, and once under its spell for near a decade, like I was, well, the removal of it is worse than death. Many people yearn for this kind of love without realizing the consequences when it goes away for good.
It can make one lovesick for the rest of your life. So some of you should be careful what you wish for and others might want to cherish more what you have. :o

tumblr_lb5w39KtHn1qe0eclo1_r4_500.gif

Susan George! Classic beauty. She recently lost her husband, you probably already know.

Back to the subject at hand: I don't believe in romantic love, anymore. I was relieved of my illusions. It seems to happen for some other people, "but not for me"

Last edited:
But if you've never had it do you really miss it? Or do you just think you miss something that you're made to feel you MUST have? How old are you - if you don't mind me asking?

I don't think I miss it at all, because I've never really known it. I love my family but obviously that's completely different.

I suppose I should have said want instead of miss.I dont feel I must have it,I just want to know what it feels like,pathetic isnt it?

Im a scrumptious 38 by the way.

I suppose I should have said want instead of miss.I dont feel I must have it,I just want to know what it feels like,pathetic isnt it?

Im a scrumptious 38 by the way.

It's not pathetic at all. I don't know whether I'd still feel indifferent in twenty years time but for now it doesn't really cross my mind. This is despite the fact that lots of the people I grew up with are now engaged/married/in long term relationships. I feel like I'm still a child - on the inside at least!

Back
Top Bottom