How many of you dont like Roxy Music anymore?

M

MuteWitness616

Lets see the numbers.. you liked Mr.Ferret and now you don't.

I have 22,000 tracks on my ipod. A quick search shows only 5 Roxy Music / Bryan Ferry songs and one of those is "Money Changes Everything" :lbf: and two others are from compilations of other stuff.

So, never really a fan.

As a disciple of Morrissey I know I should own a copy of 'For Your Pleasure' and some other stuff that Morrissey has claimed to be brilliant, but, well, what can I say? I always thought he was too posh to be interesting... But I will join a band wagon that calls him Ferret and his son Odious :D

Dave

I have 22,000 tracks on my ipod. A quick search shows only 5 Roxy Music / Bryan Ferry songs and one of those is "Money Changes Everything" :lbf: and two others are from compilations of other stuff.

So, never really a fan.

As a disciple of Morrissey I know I should own a copy of 'For Your Pleasure' and some other stuff that Morrissey has claimed to be brilliant, but, well, what can I say? I always thought he was too posh to be interesting... But I will join a band wagon that calls him Ferret and his son Odious :D

Dave

Hi Dave,
I want your i pod ha ha

early Roxy stuff was and is great, but then ferret became Mr bland so I will jump on the same banewagon me thinks.

MUST get around to picking "dancing mozz" up

:guitar::guitar::thumb:

Hi Dave,
I want your i pod ha ha

early Roxy stuff was and is great, but then ferret became Mr bland so I will jump on the same banewagon me thinks.

MUST get around to picking "dancing mozz" up

:guitar::guitar::thumb:

I'm around most of this weekend if you want to do it... give me a call.

Dave

always thought he was a asshole, so never listened to his music and I dont intend to change that anytime soon(or ever).

The first two albums are brilliant, nothing could change my mind from that. But the thing with Ferry is, he was great the first two albums , maybe the three after that can be added too, but then he changed the musicstyle, the way he presented himself and, worst of all, his singing style. From that moment on he hasn't been interesting anymore. This pro fox hunting is just another chapter his second life , that Ferry really should be seen as a different one than the early Roxy Music Ferry.

Last edited:

So, never really a fan.

Dave

To say somebody is 'too posh to be interesting' is fairly ridiculous.

What's the definition of posh? Bryan Ferry is the son of a miner.
That bag of bones known as "Posh" is about as far removed from that adjective as it is possible to be.

I have always loved and will continue to love the music of Roxy and a lot of solo Ferry. I can't agree with his hunting bollox, but that is nothing to do with the music.

I love all of Roxy's catalogue. Find it harder to get into Ferry's solo stuff, although 'Boys and Girls' is a brilliant record.

The closest thing to me liking Roxy Music...

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yaEQN9Gm-cY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yaEQN9Gm-cY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

so here's what happened to me:
@ 1st, after reading what Moz said, I decided to not like like Bryan Ferry/Roxy Music anymore :o
then after seeing that a cute girl like "RorschachAndProzac" still liked them :eek:
I changed back :blushing::p:lbf:

so here's what happened to me:
@ 1st, after reading what Moz said, I decided to not like like Bryan Ferry/Roxy Music anymore :o
then after seeing that a cute girl like "RorschachAndProzac" still liked them :eek:
I changed back :blushing::p:lbf:

Hahahaha. HA. Is that a genuine compliment or are you cruelly mocking me?

Sigh.

PS - The 'Big Train' spoof of Virginia Plain is much better than Vic & Bob's.

Back
Top Bottom