How do i report threatening private messages?

JoanOfArc

Hidden
I got today threatening private message from user named Odin.Which is probably-Jackie london and Kewpie writing together,the same language and grammar mistakes etc.So how do i report this message and the user?Thanks.

Last edited:
I got today I got today threatening private message from user named Odin.Which is probably-Jackie london and Kewpie writing together,the same language and grammar mistakes etc.So how do i report this message and the user?Thanks.

Send it to me in a PM with all the information - when, from whom - and the text of the message, and I'll have a look.

P.

wtf

I got today threatening private message from user named Odin.Which is probably-Jackie london and Kewpie writing together,the same language and grammar mistakes etc.So how do i report this message and the user?Thanks.

:rolleyes:

I have never sent you a PM.

Jackie London, Odin and myself are not the same person, three different individuals.

You must not put the blame on Jackie and I if you get a PM from Odin.

Last edited:
Re: wtf

:rolleyes:

I have never sent you a PM.

Jackie London, Odin and myself are not the same person, three different individuals.

You must not put the blame on Jackie and I if you get a PM from Odin.

Exactly, I have no idea what she's talking about, but I don't like being called an idiot on the post-whatever-you're-thinking-about thread!

Hold up everyone, let's have a look at what's going on, then I'll come back and report it all to you.

P.

It's a lot more fun to speculate wildly.

Personally, I prefer to oscillate wildly. Like this:

house_cat.gif

Personally, I prefer to oscillate wildly. Like this:

house_cat.gif

Ah, the record-shop cats. Top stuff.

Anyway, the lesson of this wee episode is this - if you don't like what's being said by PM, on the forums, or by any other means - you can put other users on ignore. I fully understand how certain things can be construed as offensive. The 'Ignore' tool is there for occasions where it would be harsh to put infractions anyones way, and to let the forum flow as usual.

Anyway, it's time to take some drugs.

P.

Ah, the record-shop cats. Top stuff.

Anyway, the lesson of this wee episode is this - if you don't like what's being said by PM, on the forums, or by any other means - you can put other users on ignore. I fully understand how certain things can be construed as offensive. The 'Ignore' tool is there for occasions where it would be harsh to put infractions anyones way, and to let the forum flow as usual.

Anyway, it's time to take some drugs.

P.

Pardon? What? I don't get what you mean. I have no idea what she was talking about. What pm? I haven't written anything to her at all and still she insults me. So what exactly do you mean here Uncleskinny? Because it seems as if you mean that I have written a pm to her that she thinks is insulting and that you agree with her.

Pardon? What? I don't get what you mean. I have no idea what she was talking about. What pm? I haven't written anything to her at all and still she insults me. So what exactly do you mean here Uncleskinny? Because it seems as if you mean that I have written a pm to her that she thinks is insulting and that you agree with her.

Absolutely not. Absolutely not at all.

My job as a moderator is to look into these types of situations and see what has happened. In fact, if anything, I agree with your position of being chagrined. The point of putting people on ignore is so you don't even have to abide the possibility of getting messages or seeing posts from someone you may not agree with or like. That's what I have suggested. I'm not hiding anything or being inconsistent. Anyone can put anyone else on ignore. You can do that to her. I just want to see the forums flow.

P.

Absolutely not. Absolutely not at all.

My job as a moderator is to look into these types of situations and see what has happened. In fact, if anything, I agree with your position of being chagrined. The point of putting people on ignore is so you don't even have to abide the possibility of getting messages or seeing posts from someone you may not agree with or like. That's what I have suggested. I'm not hiding anything or being inconsistent. Anyone can put anyone else on ignore. You can do that to her. I just want to see the forums flow.

P.

No, what's going on? What message is she claiming I've written? Publish them please! I want to know what I've been accused of. Because to anyone else who reads this it's going to seem as if I actually have written her something, so I want to see what message it is she's talking about and what the moderators think about them.

No, what's going on? What message is she claiming I've written? Publish them please! I want to know what I've been accused of. Because to anyone else who reads this it's going to seem as if I actually have written her something, so I want to see what message it is she's talking about and what the moderators think about them.

Look. No one is accusing you of anything. No one. I've seen what has been alluded to, and as I said, I see nothing worthy of any action. You don't expect me to carry out moderators business in public, do you? When somebody reports something, we look into it. Not in public. In private. I can tell you right here right now that I saw nothing worthy of any - any - action, on anyone's part. I can say right here that you have not sent anything, to anyone, that would cause any concern. Is that what you wanted to hear?

I've had a long day, I'm in pain, and I'm off to bed.

P.

Look. No one is accusing you of anything. No one. I've seen what has been alluded to, and as I said, I see nothing worthy of any action. You don't expect me to carry out moderators business in public, do you? When somebody reports something, we look into it. Not in public. In private. I can tell you right here right now that I saw nothing worthy of any - any - action, on anyone's part. I can say right here that you have not sent anything, to anyone, that would cause any concern. Is that what you wanted to hear?

I've had a long day, I'm in pain, and I'm off to bed.

P.

No, I want to see what messages she was talking about. Since she actually wrote to you here - and actually also mentioned it in the post-whatever thread - in public I do think you should carry out this business in public.

Really sad that JoanOfArc wrongly accused you and I sending her a PM which was actually send by a user called ODIN.

Better let it go, although we deserve a sincere apology from JoanOfArc who is not going to post an apology.

Last edited:
Re: wtf

It shows what kind of internet user she is.

I'll put her on ignore for my peace of mind.

:thumb: I did exactly the same thing so I don't have to read any of her posts. Cheers to that Kewpie!

Tags
buzzetta lurks i like lurking
Back
Top Bottom