Extra track and a tacky badge (new blog site)

kissmyshadestoo

Nobody ever looks at me twice
Not sure if mentioned before, from "Slicing Up Eyeballs":

The Smiths ‘Extra Track (and a tacky badge)’ MP3 blog launches with ‘Hand in Glove’

Whether intending to launch on Johnny Marr’s birthday or not, the crew that brought us the extraordinary Recycle: Joy Division & New Order — The Factory Years blog picked an appropriate date to kick off its much-anticipated next sonic restoration project: The Smiths: Extra Track (and a tacky badge).

The blog — which bills itself as “a careful restoration of The Smiths on Rough Trade” and “a labor of love from a small, devoted circle of fans” — will post each original single, with tracks “taken from the best/earliest possible sources to avoid modern mastering techniques which crush the dynamics.” As the site notes, these singles are all out of print, and some of the tracks never have been released on CD.

First up: The Smiths’ 1983 debut single “Hand In Glove,” backed by a live version of “Handsome Devil” — and, as a bonus, a live version of “Hand in Glove” recorded in ‘83 that was sent to radio that year on a promo cassette, and later included on the now out-of-print 1992 “There Is a Light That Never Goes Out” CD single.

http://smithsrecycle.blogspot.com/

thanks, if its like the new order one then we are in for a treat. never knew reel around the fountain was going to be a single. great track

Cool initiative. Just found out about the JD/NO blog from this post, and promtly downloaded everything! Will be interesting to follow the Smiths one as it develops.

Gets a thumbsup from me.:thumb:

One of the secondary reasons why I loved/ love The Smiths is the fact that everything was released on Rough Trade. Certainly be looking out for certain tracks. Good stuff

What a comeback...lol
I wouldn't wanna f*** with your Smiths Trivia Stephane!

Back
Top Bottom