Face it: Moz is done touring

SparkleBoy

worships Johnny Thunders
I am finally at peace with the thought he'll never tour again. Are you?

No, but only because some of the last concerts he's done have left such an awful taste in the mouth and a lot of angry/disappointed fans. I think he'd want to bow out in a blaze of glory and have a second run, than hang up the mic with that memory.

I am finally at peace with the thought he'll never tour again. Are you?

a pretty bizarre post - why do you think this?
Morrissey seems to like touring more and more the older he gets.
in fact, between 2004 and 2009 he must have toured more than at any time since the Smiths although, admittedly, the 2009 tour was not a big success.

the biggest risk to his musical career right now is not being able to release new material. he can tour off his own back at any time (and often has done). to release a new album will take an attractive offer from a record company, and that's looking increasingly unlikely especially given the Bona Drag fiasco (poor sales, pulling out of promotion for no good reason, and that awful interview in the Guardian).

in fact, between 2004 and 2009 he must have toured more than at any time since the Smiths although, admittedly, the 2009 tour was not a big success.

the biggest risk to his musical career right now is not being able to release new material. he can tour off his own back at any time (and often has done). to release a new album will take an attractive offer from a record company, and that's looking increasingly unlikely especially given the Bona Drag fiasco (poor sales, pulling out of promotion for no good reason, and that awful interview in the Guardian).

This. He'll tour again, next year.

P.

No, but only because some of the last concerts he's done have left such an awful taste in the mouth and a lot of angry/disappointed fans. I think he'd want to bow out in a blaze of glory and have a second run, than hang up the mic with that memory.
Its a shame this was your experience of his last tour (as it was for others too) - the gigs I saw were brilliant with the Glasgow nights up there with the best I have seen him perform. I think he will definitely be touring again - he seemed to enjoy the nights he was (seemingly) feeling well so much. Perhaps more breaks along the way are in order but he will certainly tour in 2011 in my opinion.

Don't see why anyone would think he's done touring, just cause he hasn't done any dates in the last year (actually not even that long at writing, but I guess it will be more than a year since the last show the next time he sets foot on stage).
It's far from unheard of that he takes a year off – he has done so almost throughout his entire touring career as a solo artist: 91–92–95–97–99/00–02–04–06... I just think people are a little spoiled by the fact that he was almost constantly touring between 2006–9.

That's exactly how I feel. I went to the Liverpool gig determined to enjoy it, because it might have been the last time I would see him in concert. Had it been a great night I could have lived with not seeing him again.

But as we all know, he went off after one and a half songs, and that would be a terrible way for all my Morrissey concert experiences to come to an end. For that reason I really want to see him live at least one more time, and for the gig to finish as planned!

I was disappointed because my gig was cancelled and I couldn't attend the rearranged date in the last tour. It was upsetting because the setlist seemed to contain al my favourites. Having said that, I'm certain that Morrissey will tour again and I'll always attempt to see him.

For what? There are no future dates posted in there (yet). f***er.

Would you like me to paypal you, so you can buy a thesaurus?
I was trying to be helpful, so you could see there was maybe something to look forward to- I now see the only thing you have to look forward to is a lobotomy.

Sparkle boy, indeed. You wouldn't last to minutes in Tesco with a name like that.

Would you like me to paypal you, so you can buy a thesaurus?
I was trying to be helpful, so you could see there was maybe something to look forward to- I now see the only thing you have to look forward to is a lobotomy.

Sparkle boy, indeed. You wouldn't last to minutes in Tesco with a name like that.

Perhaps I should Paypal YOU so you can afford a grammar textbook:

You wouldn't last TWO minutes in Tesco with a name like that.

Good times! :guitar:

I don't see why he wont ... in the older days artists would use a tour to promote the album which was the main focus, now it seems to be the other way around where the album is in support of the tour which generally makes more money. The record company is not usually involved with the touring side of things, they will promote and distribute the album and at this stage I don't think he's winning over any more new fans so it's not a massive loss. If he tours then there hardcores and regulars will still be there for him and he'll still make money. He can always have things set up to sell and distribute the album himself or even online sales and then tour from that.

Or on top of or instead of that touring and recording shows through the soundboard and selling them as bootlegs online on his own like a lot of bands are doing. great way of providing top quality recordings to people at low cost to a wide audience. It certainly isn't going to stop someone from seeing him on tour either, I cant imagine downloading a soundboard gig and then he decides to come to Australia only for me to go "nah I've got the bootleg, I'll give him a miss". If he'd explore some of these options he's still bound to make a nice sum of cash touring.

Last edited:
If he is done with it I am very at peace with it. Although I don't think he is.

Tags
retire touring
Back
Top Bottom