Soundtrack of Our Lives (NO Moz content)

T

Tingle

Just back from seeing 'Soundtrack of Our Lives' at the Mean Fiddler, London. They were excellent - clearly influenced by The Doors, The Who, The (early) Stones etc and maybe a bit of Bolanesque glam, they may sound retro, but in the current climate that is no bad thing at all. Standout tracks for me were '21st Century Ripoff' and 'Sister Surround'. There slower tracks I think would need to be heard on their album (Behind the Music)- it's so difficult on first listening.

They are touring the UK, and they are the best thing since Morrissey last played here.

url with downloadable track: www.parasol.com/hiddenagenda/aha032.asp

Soundtrack of Our Lives
cndpic.gif

Re: Last night in London..

> Just back from seeing 'Soundtrack of Our Lives' at the Mean Fiddler,
> London. They were excellent - clearly influenced by The Doors, The Who,
> The (early) Stones etc and maybe a bit of Bolanesque glam, they may sound
> retro, but in the current climate that is no bad thing at all. Standout
> tracks for me were '21st Century Ripoff' and 'Sister Surround'. There
> slower tracks I think would need to be heard on their album (Behind the
> Music)- it's so difficult on first listening.

Well Hello Tingle... I was actually there as well.. I almost posted here yesterday if anyone was going but decided against it. Anyway, I thought they were OK.. They started off very well, then got a bit tired in the middle of the set with prog rock noodling (In my opinion, but this reflects the alcohol intake). They ended strongly though. The singer, for those that don't know, is a bearded bear of a man, rather reminding me of Fish from Marillion. Oh, and they are Swedish. So, Needless to say, the place was heaving with beautiful girls, and strange dyed black haired boys.. but I did get to talk, at length I might add, with the Wannadies while the 'Soundtrack' were playing.. but I didn't have my camera to update my excellent C-list celeb stalking moments (ha ha)! The girl from the Wannadies was a really really nice girl though. I'd marry her!

> They are touring the UK, and they are the best thing since Morrissey last
> played here.

Wow.. bit over the top there Tingle. But each to their own. Haven were better the other week.

Now the real deal last night for me were the support band, and I never get to a gig on time for the support, they were 'Sahara Hotnights'.. Swedish girl rock/punk rockers.. I thought they were great. Energetic, no posing, just a great time being had by them.

We are seeing Seafood in Camden next week.. now they rock big style.. with melodies as well which is a bonus.. 'When Do We start the fighting' was one of the best releases from last year.. Come along and say hello to Ruffina and the boys..

Ruffian

Re: Last night in London..

> Wow.. bit over the top there Tingle. But each to their own. Haven were
> better the other week.

Yes, on reflection....maybe a little OTT, but then I don't get out much!

> Now the real deal last night for me were the support band, and I never get
> to a gig on time for the support, they were 'Sahara Hotnights'.. Swedish
> girl rock/punk rockers.. I thought they were great. Energetic, no posing,
> just a great time being had by them.

Damn, I missed them and I got there at a reasonable time. I didn't expect any music until 8.30..

> We are seeing Seafood in Camden next week.. now they rock big style.. with
> melodies as well which is a bonus.. 'When Do We start the fighting' was
> one of the best releases from last year.. Come along and say hello to
> Ruffina and the boys..

Well maybe I'll 'Tingle' T-shirt so you know who I am. I'll look out for Ruff'

but Seafood always gives me a gippy tummy