Bona Drag Promos - any thoughts?

Dave2006

There are at least two soloists that have bought Bona Drag 2010 promos- both were in simple white sleeves with black text.

So, what do we think of this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Morrissey-Bon...?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item3a5efd143b apparently just the cover artwork with no text (but that's not what the pic says).

It states the catalogue number as CDSMLPDJ 70

The image was available on this site a few weeks ago... the tracks have begun to leak... could this be a home made CD? Or a real promo?

Any thoughts?

Dave

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
There are at least two soloists that have bought Bona Drag 2010 promos- both were in simple white sleeves with black text.

So, what do we think of this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Morrissey-Bon...?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item3a5efd143b apparently just the cover artwork with no text (but that's not what the pic says).

It states the catalogue number as CDSMLPDJ 70

The image was available on this site a few weeks ago... the tracks have begun to leak... could this be a home made CD? Or a real promo?

Any thoughts?

Dave

Thanks for the tip Dave! :thumb:
I asked for extra photos and it looks genuine to me.
So I bought it... :)

keep posting them dave i have an interest in them , as you say thogh i think if we wait more will come
I don't know about that. Look at YOR, Greatest Hits, Maladjusted expanded promo, and southpaw expanded promo. I have been offered 105 GBP for my greatest hits promo. The one that is number 33 on RC's top 50 list..

I think this is a fourth from the same seller http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Morrissey-Bon...?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item3a5f12f62e

Is no one else selling them?

To those who have bought one, has it arrived yet? What do you think?

I know that it is still early days, but Passions is just listing the plain white sleeve / black text promo, not yet this version http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/disc/bonadrag2010.htm

Dave

Dave,

I am in contact with Stephane and have provided him with a scan of the bona drag white sleeve/black text promo so far.
As soon as I receive my EILS and Bona Drag promos with full colour artwork, I will also forward scans for inclusion in PJLM.
They are all authentic and they will all be listed in PJLM in due course.

Cheers,

I.R.

This is the sixth one he's listed so far http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Morrissey-Bon...?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item3a5f19c95a

Do you think he works for the promo company but did a Billy Liar and didn't post them out like he was told to, but simply kept the money for stamps and now he's left with a pile of promotional merchandise that he doesn't know what to do with? :lbf:

Not bad work - he's sold five already this week at £50 each - it's beats working for a living.

Dave

This is the sixth one he's listed so far http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Morrissey-Bona-Drag-2010-CD-RARE-/250703628634?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item3a5f19c95a

Do you think he works for the promo company but did a Billy Liar and didn't post them out like he was told to, but simply kept the money for stamps and now he's left with a pile of promotional merchandise that he doesn't know what to do with? :lbf:

Not bad work - he's sold five already this week at £50 each - it's beats working for a living.

Dave

he knows people here will pay for it.

i'm hoping it turns out to be like the Revelations LP, where they started at $54.99 only to be found, nowadays, for as low as $15.99

I don't know about that. Look at YOR, Greatest Hits, Maladjusted expanded promo, and southpaw expanded promo. I have been offered 105 GBP for my greatest hits promo. The one that is number 33 on RC's top 50 list..

You are absolutely right. Unlike You are the Quarry and Ringleader ( still tons of promos around for a fiver or even less each) very few have surfaced of Moz latest albums/reissues. I remember offering £ 20 for YOR promo a while ago on ebay , the seller thanked me for my generous offer but decided to keep the bidding going as one person did already bid, well it fetched nearly £ 80...I feel that the price of Everyday..promo cd will drop but Bona Drag cd promo will stay fairly high in time to come..
Cheers Moz

Another promo, this time from a different seller with white sleeve and black text, got sold this morning for an unknown amount (as far as I understand...)
Cheers Moz

Doesn't it worry anyone here that all copies of that promo so far come from the same Ebay seller?

Stephane

these things happen, theres a guy selling the nice slip case Ringleader promo with a sticker who must have 100's of them, i got 2 last year and he's still selling them.

Doesn't it worry anyone here that all copies of that promo so far come from the same Ebay seller?

Stephane

Yes, me. That's why I've been persisting with the posts :)

I'd be interested to see what's on the reverse of the sleeve of these promos, and to compare the CD with the final release.

Dave

I'd be interested to see what's on the reverse of the sleeve of these promos, and to compare the CD with the final release.

Dave

Yes you are right. I would like to see the actual promo cd and see if the usual promo words are there like "promo only, not for sale" or "for promotional use only ". That, together with the sleeve, will be the final test for this promo item.;)
Cheers Moz

Dave

I just arrived home and this was waiting for me.
100% authentic.
Can we stop the fake/non-fake debate now? ;)

Back
Top Bottom