Meat is Murder: a fully autographed 10" x 8" publicity photograph

The Seeker of Good Songs

Putting meat on the bones

Some 25 years ago, the Meat Is Murder album topped the UK charts.
In 2003 it entered the Rolling Stone Magazine's Greatest Albums Of All times chart.

Standing out amongst vinyl pressings in our archives, this is a visual piece of music history: a fully autographed 10" x 8" publicity photography.
This black and white image of the album artwork has been signed by Morrissey, Johnny Marr, Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce.
Made even more the rarer due to the volatile relationships that existed between these former band mates.

This is the one for your wall.

from: http://991.typepad.com/991sleevenotes/2010/09/putting-meat-on-the-bones.html

Price Info $580.65

(I am not affiliated with the source....just passing along Smiths info)

Putting meat on the bones

Some 25 years ago, the Meat Is Murder album topped the UK charts.
In 2003 it entered the Rolling Stone Magazine's Greatest Albums Of All times chart.

Standing out amongst vinyl pressings in our archives, this is a visual piece of music history: a fully autographed 10" x 8" publicity photography.
This black and white image of the album artwork has been signed by Morrissey, Johnny Marr, Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce.
Made even more the rarer due to the volatile relationships that existed between these former band mates.

This is the one for your wall.

from: http://991.typepad.com/991sleevenotes/2010/09/putting-meat-on-the-bones.html

Price Info $580.65

(I am not affiliated with the source....just passing along Smiths info)
Just a quick note : Both Andy's and Mike's autos are genuine examples as far as I can see and are post year 2000 examples. I m not too sure about Morrissey's signature, it is very dodgy to say the least. Definitely not 80s era, not recent either. Seen many of these style around on signed photos from UK sellers.

i don't think the ROURKE or the MORRISSEY sigs are authentic.

the mike joyce one is the only one that looks right.

To be honest i think they re genuine though signed later than 85. Id go for them but the price is way too high

I completely agree; while I feel confident that the autographs are genuine, the price is far too high.

The Morrissey signature looks like it could be from the 80s (prior to his "loopy-R" stage), but most of the Marr signatures I've seen from that period had him sign "Johnny" with a musical note for the J. I suspect his was put on this photograph much later.

That Morrissey sig is fake.

"The Morrissey signature looks like it could be from the 80s (prior to his "loopy-R" stage), but most of the Marr signatures I've seen from that period had him sign "Johnny" with a musical note for the J. I suspect his was put on this photograph much later."

Then tell me why I can find numerous examples of virtually the same "80s" Morrissey combined with the "much later" Johnny?? Did somebody bring a horde of these photos to ask Moz back in the 80s and then ask Marr again "much later" ? Anybody with an eye can see the Marr and Moz's are fake and added to genuine(maybe even not) Joyce and Rourke. If you notice, Joyce and Rourke are always signed with the same damn ink.

By the way Beau, you know f*** all about Moz/Smiths sigs so shut the f*** up. We are having a decent discussion. You ARE the noob here.

These are the real deal. As for your fake debates well there farcical at times as one post says real then the same person changes his mind to fake because another person states there fake...
Come on guys lets face it nobody can make their minds up you'll be telling us all next that the stuff on ebay from the smiths plugger is fake!!!
well lets face it if it was not owned by scott you probably would scream fake ....Everytime i read your debates i have to laugh...I mean fake is a word used a lot on this board even down to records and cd's.
If i were new to collecting and read all of your fake debates i would come to the conclusion that none of you know what your talking about.

oh now changed my mind it's fake!!! just kidding but that's what your all like.

These are the real deal. As for your fake debates well there farcical at times as one post says real then the same person changes his mind to fake because another person states there fake...
Come on guys lets face it nobody can make their minds up you'll be telling us all next that the stuff on ebay from the smiths plugger is fake!!!
well lets face it if it was not owned by scott you probably would scream fake ....Everytime i read your debates i have to laugh...I mean fake is a word used a lot on this board even down to records and cd's.
If i were new to collecting and read all of your fake debates i would come to the conclusion that none of you know what your talking about.

The moral of the story is... don't buy autographs!
If you want an autograph; stand outside the venue, watch them DJ, hang around in certain bars in LA - just don't build an autograph collection from ebay.

Dave

The moral of the story is... don't buy autographs!
If you want an autograph; stand outside the venue, watch them DJ, hang around in certain bars in LA - just don't build an autograph collection from ebay.

Dave

That has always been my thought...what is special about an autograph that one buys from a third party?
I'm not big on autographs at all, but at least one that is gotten in person from the signer would, at least, have some sentimental value because it was obtained from the source, and then there is a personal story with it; "I met blah blah outside of blah and he signed my diddle. I nearly fainted."

Let's just say you shouldn't even comment. I know something about you that some people don't.

You wouldnt have anything to do with the website that the signed colour photos are for sale on would you?//:rolleyes:

I never expected there to be such a dust up over this when I first posted it.

Back
Top Bottom