Morrissey in Trafalgar Sq.

I love this,
idve grabbed one and run! lol

There is a photo on the main page of these - they are huge, almost life like.
If they aren't up yet they will be by the weekend - as Skinny said grab one if you can - and get one for me!!!

Dave

"across the buildings of The Southbank "

Dave

I went NFT on 31st August, didn't see any.

Anyway I go NFT almost every day this month, hope to get them as many as I can.

*puts black bin bags and a ball of parcel thread in the bag*

Last edited:
I went NFT on 31st August, didn't see any.

Anyway I go NFT almost every day this month, hope to get them as many as I can.

*puts black bin bags and a ball of parcel thread in the bag*

The event runs from tomorrow till Sunday. I guess they will be there from tomorrow. Pick up as many as possible - I'll buy one :thumb:

Dave

Debates on whether this constitutes art aside (I think it's appealing graphic design/craft, Owen's original trade, but not much more), isn't it amazing that the image of Morrissey swinging his gladioli has really become one of the iconic images of pop music? I honestly believe that if The Smiths looked exactly the same and sang exactly the same songs but the flowers had never been, they wouldn't have achieved quite the same level of fame.

The other irony, which I'm sure has been brought up before, is that most of the early official photography is in b&w, cancelling out Morrissey's idea to bring some colour to grey Manchester, for those who didn't attend the live shows.

Ummmmm, I hate to be the buzzkill voice of reason here, but you realize you are getting excited about stealing somebody's art? I'm sure the intent of his installation and it's impact was to be enjoyed by many, not hoarded by Morrissey fans. Just saying. :o

Ummmmm, I hate to be the buzzkill voice of reason here, but you realize you are getting excited about stealing somebody's art? I'm sure the intent of his installation and it's impact was to be enjoyed by many, not hoarded by Morrissey fans. Just saying. :o

:rolleyes:

If Morrissey fans don't take them, some drunken bastards will ditch them in the river.

Anyway, the cardboards were still there a few hours ago, so if anybody wants to make a trip to the Southbank tonight... :lbf:

It's a bit far from Manchester... but if another kind soul wants help out a Manc I'd be very grateful :thumb:

Dave

I'm going down to Southbank later today and hopefully I'll be able to take one. Just hope the police won't come after me or something.

I found them, I found them. After walking around South Bank for an hour I finally found them. I didn't take one though because there were so many people there. But I shall return tomorrow when it's dark and grab one! Must remember to bring a knife or scissors!

There was a guy there who looked a bit confused and walked around as if he was looking for someone, was it possibly someone from here who was also looking for Morrissey?

Back
Top Bottom