The Deftones cover the Smiths...

F

Ferni Zavala

The DEFTONES COVER PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME GET WHAT I WANT...the deftones are a heavy/metal/hardcore band and Chino the lead singer is a huge MORRISSEY fan and his style of singing is alot of screaming but sites MOZ as his influnece...The Deftones are the best band on the planet... but Morrissey is the best singer around... anyway, go to WWW.DEFTONES.NET and press enter and on your left-hand side you'll see MULTIMEDIA click there and click were it says SOUNDS and then pan down and you'll see the sound file for PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME GET WHAT I WANT... also i may add that they also cover many bands ( DEPECHE MODE, DURAN DURAN, WEEZER, SKINNY PUPPY, SUCIDICAL TENDENCIES and BAD BRAINS ) all of which i think are good covers anyway check it out and maybe you like the Smiths cover...

i just listened to their cover....and for a "heavy/metal/hardcore"
band, i think they did a good job, especially in comparison to the bands on the "world still won't listen" comp. i was wondering if you had any articles in which the band talks about their moz influence?
and what are your thoughts about the world still won't listen comp..?

I havent heard the world still wont listen yet, But i though that the deftones covered please please very good. I liked how it has it was different yet still depressing. ANyway.. What songs did they cover by duran duran and dep mode?? hmm figures they would do a suicidal tendacies song....

Re: THE DEFTONES COVER THE SMITHS...LISTEN TO IT HEAR!

Chino has sited MORRISSEY as his influence in various articles in Rolling Stone, AP maga. and on MTV online... they did DURAN DURANS The Chaffuer, Rio, and Depeche Modes To Have and To Hold and Sweetest Perfection... and as far as the THE WORLD STILL WON'T LISTEN comp. well i'm into that type of music, but its very cool to see bands do SMITHS songs in a different tone and music and singing style but some of the songs DO NOT have the same magic as the original's... but over all i say everyone should buy the comp. but its not for everyone... you'll need a openmind when listening to it....

Back
Top Bottom