Why am I on the "Suspcious Users" list?

Novice

Banned
I'd like to know why someone involved in running this site has chosen to libel me.

Thanks.

Last edited:
If you have to ask, then you should definitely be on it.

That is very rune-like. I will contemplate this at length when time allows.

As for my original question, now that several minutes have passed, I realize I no longer give a flying f***. I do however question the sanity of persons unconnected with mall security who maintain lists of "suspicious" persons. I'm predicting they also have a closet (or two) filled with bottles of their own urine.

I've never seen such a list on any web forum before, ever. I'll be impressed if anyone can point to a precedent.

It's that jelly in your avatar. Suspect device.

There's always room for jello.

How do you know your on the suspicious users list?

It is a sticky thread in the Feedback forum. I had gone there to make some valuable suggestions, which I'll now vengefully keep to myself.

Some members here see being on this list as wearing a ''badge of honour'' (or ''honor'' if they are American:thumb:).

Be flattered rather annoyed:D

That is very rune-like. I will contemplate this at length when time allows.

:straightface:

As for my original question, now that several minutes have passed, I realize I no longer give a flying f***. I do however question the sanity of persons unconnected with mall security who maintain lists of "suspicious" persons. I'm predicting they also have a closet (or two) filled with bottles of their own urine.

If this doesn't sound like something a (returning?) suspicious user would say, I don't know what does. :D

Not Right in the Head's remarks continue to perplex me, and yet I feel he is a seer of sorts.

Ironically, I received a PM earlier asking me to participate in another Morrissey forum--one for people who are too gentle and good for this one. I have yet to join, because I feel this incident has stained me, and I do not wish to bear this stain into their world. I am now an outcast, a pariah... a hero, perhaps.

I have Googled and found only two--two!--other sites which maintain such a stupid and insulting list as this. One is a LiveJournal. The other is called Utopia Temple, and there people are placed on the list for "posting a kingdom from the wrong server." I have no idea what that means.

At any rate, as you can all see, I am perfectly nice. My accuser would have stepped forward and justified his or her decision by now were he or she not a coward and a blackguard and a schemer and a psychopath. The defense rests.

Not Right in the Head's remarks continue to perplex me, and yet I feel he is a seer of sorts.

I must know you, but I can't for the life of me guess.

Ironically, I received a PM earlier asking me to participate in another Morrissey forum--one for people who are too gentle and good for this one. I have yet to join, because I feel this incident has stained me, and I do not wish to bear this stain into their world. I am now an outcast, a pariah... a hero, perhaps.At any rate, as you can all see, I am perfectly nice. My accuser would have stepped forward and justified his or her decision by now were he or she not a coward and a blackguard and a schemer and a psychopath. The defense rests.

All you have to do is look at what user last modified the suspicious users post.

Because Mary Poppins says so?

Ironically, I received a PM earlier asking me to participate in another Morrissey forum--one for people who are too gentle and good for this one. I have yet to join, because I feel this incident has stained me, and I do not wish to bear this stain into their world. I am now an outcast, a pariah... a hero, perhaps.

I have Googled and found only two--two!--other sites which maintain such a stupid and insulting list as this. One is a LiveJournal. The other is called Utopia Temple, and there people are placed on the list for "posting a kingdom from the wrong server." I have no idea what that means.

At any rate, as you can all see, I am perfectly nice. My accuser would have stepped forward and justified his or her decision by now were he or she not a coward and a blackguard and a schemer and a psychopath. The defense rests.

They're hand-selecting trolls? :p

I have to say that "Novice" ;) does make a good point. If a person violates the rules they can be given an infraction. If they are a "returning banned user" they can be re-banned. This suspicious user list is much like the new racial profiling law in Arizona, or it appears that way, anyway, in that it doesn't really serve any function except to let a certain part of the population know that they are thought of as lesser entities.

Eazy-E is on that list. The mods know I created that account for fun, and I've never done anything with it that would be offensive, let alone breaking the site rules with it, and I don't need a fake name to express my true opinions, so I've never understood why that name is on the list. It's not important, but it serves as an example. And Reelaround? Some people may find Reelaround abrasive but a lot of people find Morrissey abrasive. Reelaround has opinions and they are sometimes stated bluntly, but never in a way that I would see as ignorant, or lacking value. This is a person that contributes to the site, and whose posts are worth reading, and yet their name is on this list.

Unless it serves some purpose which escapes me to attempt to shame members who have broken no rules, I think the list should be deleted. It wasn't a good idea, and it's used to bully and degrade people, when there are already ways of dealing with those that break the rules.

I am now like Christian Slater, at the end of Pump Up the Volume.

:D

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BDEnD3FjafM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BDEnD3FjafM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

It was only for warning those that seemed 'suspicious' but I'll go ahead and get rid of it. I thought it added some transparency but it did seem to be the only people checking it were the trolls themselves.

I have to say that "Novice" ;) does make a good point. If a person violates the rules they can be given an infraction. If they are a "returning banned user" they can be re-banned. This suspicious user list is much like the new racial profiling law in Arizona, or it appears that way, anyway, in that it doesn't really serve any function except to let a certain part of the population know that they are thought of as lesser entities.

Eazy-E is on that list. The mods know I created that account for fun, and I've never done anything with it that would be offensive, let alone breaking the site rules with it, and I don't need a fake name to express my true opinions, so I've never understood why that name is on the list. It's not important, but it serves as an example. And Reelaround? Some people may find Reelaround abrasive but a lot of people find Morrissey abrasive. Reelaround has opinions and they are sometimes stated bluntly, but never in a way that I would see as ignorant, or lacking value. This is a person that contributes to the site, and whose posts are worth reading, and yet their name is on this list.

Unless it serves some purpose which escapes me to attempt to shame members who have broken no rules, I think the list should be deleted. It wasn't a good idea, and it's used to bully and degrade people, when there are already ways of dealing with those that break the rules.

Ironically, I received a PM earlier asking me to participate in another Morrissey forum--one for people who are too gentle and good for this one.

I am gentle and good. In fact I am positively angelic. Where is my invite?

It was only for warning those that seemed 'suspicious' but I'll go ahead and get rid of it. I thought it added some transparency but it did seem to be the only people checking it were the trolls themselves.

Does that mean I will never be on that list:tears:, it was the main reason I re-joined:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

Tags
why am i *not*?
Back
Top Bottom