Why am I on the "Suspcious Users" list?

It was only for warning those that seemed 'suspicious' but I'll go ahead and get rid of it. I thought it added some transparency but it did seem to be the only people checking it were the trolls themselves.

Perhaps you could also add some transparency & explain to us why all the moderators are still in their roles.

A change is a good as a rest I promise you.

Perhaps you could also add some transparency & explain to us why all the moderators are still in their roles.

A change is a good as a rest I promise you.

Despite what a disgruntled user that continues to re-register despite being banned might say, the moderators are doing fine. What example are you thinking of?

Despite what a disgruntled user that continues to re-register despite being banned might say, the moderators are doing fine. What example are you thinking of?

''A'' disgruntled user? There are many out there. Open your eyes:rolleyes:
I, however, am not one....I'm here merely to take the piss and cause havoc. I am enjoying it far more than when I wasn't banned:lbf:

But please don't brush off the complaints against ''a particular Mod'' as simply being that of one particular user (I assume it is me:lbf:)

You know damn well that Kewpie is a liability on this site but she must have some pictures of you in compromising positions for you to continually back her up.

So.....did Kewpie send PM's to users telling them not to post on certain threads?
Did Kewpie tell you that the original PM I sent her was so abusive, that she had to delete it as she was so offended by it, that she couldn't forward it to you as evidence?
Did she tell 'Oh My God It's Robby' to stop posting ''happy Birthday' threads to fellow members?

I await your answers....

Jukebox Jury

David, thank you for considering my suggestion. I promise to try not to complain again for a while. :D

I'm thinking of that particular example. Don't you get it? When JJ got banned, that was the only example you should ever need that the moderators are NOT doing fine.

And I'm not going thorough the whole forum to find examples of Kewpie's rudeness,unwarranted thread alterations & down right hypocrisy. You know they are there & if you deny they are there then you're a liar.

And to prove that I'm not totally picking on Kewpie, here is another example:

Uncleskinny not too far ago posted the following:

'You post that f***ing picture one more time & you are banned.'

Now I'm quite certain that anyone offended by the picture in question would put the poster on ignore. But Uncleskinny took it on himself to be rude & threatening.

Why don't you just do what I am asking, you KNOW it's the right thing to do.

I'm thinking of that particular example. Don't you get it? When JJ got banned, that was the only example you should ever need that the moderators are NOT doing fine.

And I'm not going thorough the whole forum to find examples of Kewpie's rudeness,unwarranted thread alterations & down right hypocrisy. You know they are there & if you deny they are there then you're a liar.

Now I'm quite certain that anyone offended by the picture in question would put the poster on ignore. But Uncleskinny took it on himself to be rude & threatening.

Why don't you just do what I am asking, you KNOW it's the right thing to do.

No, actually I think you are wrong, that's my opinion. As for the caps changing in the thread titles - that was stopped after it was brought up a while ago. The alleged rudeness and hypocrisy are not directly related to moderation functions. Frankly, with all the childish behavior I see I can understand how a mod who also posts on the board could lose his or her cool. Your biased view as a friend of JJ is obvious from posts like these:

We would, but Kewpie is so far up davidt's arse it would make little difference.
I think she must have naked photos of him in a transvestite guinea pig orgy or something.

JJ's ban has proven to be the right decision. He obviously has no respect of the forum's rules as proven by his multiple re-registrations.

That was rather silly of him.

As your brilliant leader said after the ban of TWO ICY COLD HANDS: "yeah, i'm going to go around confirming every one." That's all you need, right there, to understand everything about how this site is run. They pretend to have a process, and standards, but they quite obviously don't--and why would they want it any other way? Transparent rules and process make abuse of power more difficult, and render the position of moderating as a colorless duty. Without the opportunity to exercise their "discretion" over users, and have users fawning on them in expectation of future need of that "discretion"--what fun would there be in being a mod? TICH and Novice were both banned soon after Uncleskinny indicated his embittered dislike of a given post. The "returning user" explanation was used both times. If not for the happenstance of TICH having met several people here who came forward to trash that fiction, you would still all be believing it.

When was the last time there was a new user here who made it past 50 posts? Consider that.

JJ's ban has proven to be the right decision. He obviously has no respect of the forum's rules as proven by his multiple re-registrations.

No, it proves that he doesn't respect your judgment. Paying fealty to you--that's what this is really all about, isn't it?

The alleged* rudeness and hypocrisy are not directly related to moderation functions. Frankly, with all the childish behavior I see I can understand how a mod who also posts on the board could lose his or her cool. Your biased view as a friend of JJ is obvious from posts like these...

The "childish behavior" seems to be mainly on the part of the moderators, and "your biased view as a friend of" Kewpie & Co. is evident from your every obtuse, denialist reaction to the demands that they be gotten rid of. (What people are slower to cotton onto: you're the real problem, and you create your moderators in your own deer-in-the-headlights image.) You excuse their heatedly, repeatedly, inappropriately threatening people, but you take Emotional Guide Dog's silly "arse" remark as justification for dismissing him. Double standards seem to be the most fundamental part of how you think. Did you have something you wanted to say about hypocrisy?

It is laughable that anyone who keeps such moderators in power could refer with a straight face to "trolls."

"The rules" are whatever you want them to be at a given moment, with regard to a given user. Anyone here with a frontal cortex can see this. The few who would still flatter you are simply in disbelief that your character and your intelligence could be as they seem to be. It's a bit of a man-behind-the-curtain moment for them.

Don't ever change, though!

*LOL. You're a real pro.

[/QUOTE]JJ's ban has proven to be the right decision. He obviously has no respect of the forum's rules as proven by his multiple re-registrations.[/QUOTE]

I didn't really want to get involved in the ongoing Saga but - Why should he respect them?

Last night he kept posting the same questions (now deleted) and no-one answered them and never does answer them in a satisfactory way.

Just before he was banned when he was in full-on-rant mode, I posted a comment, telling him to 'let it go' - in jest, because I could see what was going to happen. Shortly after he was banned and the next thing I know, Kewpie, who I'd never spoken to before (I hadn't been a member very long) sent me the below PM showing he'd banned:

JJ_KewpieSaga.jpg

She must have assumed I had 'taken her side' from the 'let it go' comment I had posted. I hadn't 'taken sides' because I didn't think there were any to take - it's ridiculous - I had made one minor comment!

The fact that she PM'd me, even though we are not 'friends' leaves absolutely no doubt in my mind that all JJ's accusations of her manipulating by PM are true. Because of that, I understand why he feels so aggrieved.

For the record, I do like JJ he made these Forums a nicer place to visit. Aside from the creepy PM, I do not dislike Kewpie, who gets a lot of stick but who contributes a lot of pertinent comments and who sorts out quite a lot of the chaos.

So as an objective member, who is also sick of the whole saga, I don't understand why you think JJ should respect your rules. And I don't agree with what seems to be your 'tough s**t' attitude towards him, because it's partly your own fault for an unfair ban. Yes, you gave him plenty of warnings before hand - he admitted that, and yes he brought it on himself in the very end, but that was only due to the fact that the 'string-pulling' was still going on behind the scenes. I know you (and others) are exasperated with him for coming back, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't go back and review why the ban came about in the first place.

People can criticise him all they like for coming back over and over again - with dodgy user names - Donny Osmond?! But you can't justly criticise him for being annoyed about the way this site can so easily be manipulated. It's almost enough to make you paranoid...

I'll sit back and wait for the onslaught of criticism now.

hmmmm

Excuse me, what are you on about?
I never sent a PM to you, TheReader.

Where is the PM you are talking about?

I already explained David that I immediately deleted a PM from JJ on 30th March because I didn't want to keep his PM.
It was his own fault that he didn't keep it, now he's putting the blame on me.

I've been put up with his abuse for last 10 months, no one knows when it ends.

Last edited:
Re: hmmmm

Excuse me, what are you on about?
I never sent a PM to you, TheReader.

Where is the PM you are talking about?

I already explained David that I deleted a PM from JJ because I didn't want to keep his PM.
It was his own fault that he didn't keep it, now he's putting the blame on me.

It's in the post above. It freaked me out when I got it.

The screenshot you posted is a PM from Jukebox Jury with the subject 'kewpie'.

As far as answering - I've already discussed with JJ and repeated myself many times. His anger issues are growing and he is now twisting facts - he at first said he sent several 'polite PMs'. I received a couple of them and they were not very polite, they were actually threatening.

Yeah - but he's angry because the whole thing is ridiculous in the first place. Still no-one really answers the questions - no-one did last night. It just all seems to be stonewalled.

It was the wrong PM - sorry - but he hasn't made anything up. He reacted badly to manipulative behaviour, which hasn't really been addressed - apart from a short time out?

As I said, I like JJ and I don't have anything against Kewpie, but it's taking over the whole site. Of course he keeps posting if no-one answers adequately - and I mean to us users not just to Kewpie and JJ who you've already said you spoke to.. It's not transparent and it' s difficult to understand. And it's creating a feeling of unfairness - there are comments everywhere. If I had a complaint - who could I go to realistically and be sure I'd be taken seriously?

For the sake of the 'atmosphere' of the whole site, why can't a line be drawn under the JJ/Kewpie thing for good? Why can't he come back and if/as soon as he violates any TOS that's it for ever.

It's all getting really tedious, we've lost one decent member over it, but it's just going to keep going on and on unless you do something, because you can just re-join. How is it ever going to end?

Yeah - but he's angry because the whole thing is ridiculous in the first place. Still no-one really answers the questions - no-one did last night. It just all seems to be stonewalled.

It was the wrong PM - sorry - but he hasn't made anything up. He reacted badly to manipulative behaviour, which hasn't really been addressed - apart from a short time out?

As I said, I like JJ and I don't have anything against Kewpie, but it's taking over the whole site. Of course he keeps posting if no-one answers adequately - and I mean to us users not just to Kewpie and JJ who you've already said you spoke to.. It's not transparent and it' s difficult to understand. And it's creating a feeling of unfairness - there are comments everywhere. If I had a complaint - who could I go to realistically and be sure I'd be taken seriously?

For the sake of the 'atmosphere' of the whole site, why can't a line be drawn under the JJ/Kewpie thing for good? Why can't he come back and if/as soon as he violates any TOS that's it for ever.

It's all getting really tedious, we've lost one decent member over it, but it's just going to keep going on and on unless you do something, because you can just re-join. How is it ever going to end?

I understand he has many friends on the site and they will defend him. It seemed he felt he was and to a point still feels the simple rules put forth on the site do not apply to him. As far as I'm concerned it was over a while ago when he continued to push after several warnings and got banned. I already explained several times to him my side and he has actually acknowledged he deserved the ban. I'm open to reviewing bans after a year, but his recent behavior has really damaged his chances.

He seems like a nice guy but then if we look at his own words he "snapped" and he shows an anger that is much different than the jolly grandpa that some people here support. Telling Kewpie that he "really, really advises" her not to post regarding his ban is really, really ugly and pathetic. As nice as he may be to many people he showed a side of himself that is not at all nice, and is quite obsessive. The people that write in his favor make claims about our right to read what he has to say, but it's not like he has been silenced. He is posting elsewhere, and I think that deleting the posts is a good idea and overdue.

I don't always agree with Kewpie, but she is not to blame for this. If he was in some sort of strategic battle with Kewpie she won it. He's being a poor loser.

People that make a point of annoying and testing a moderator regularly do tend to be banned, and it's tolerated here MUCH more than at other sites. I really think that the people that miss him should put their efforts into making one of the alternate sites successful, and the rest of us that are neutral, don't care, or think he asked for it, can get over it. The whole thing is boring and has been since before he was banned.

Kewpie makes up rules and tries to closely monitor some of the people that post here because I've heard other people talk about these PM's. This is probably why she claimed to have given me "many warnings" which she never did. Maybe with all of her unofficial moderating, she can't keep it straight. Or maybe she's lying.

By unofficial moderating I mean these PM's she sends to people, who are not breaking any rules.

...Once again, Kewpie is making up her own rules, and sending "warnings" for things that are perfectly acceptable.

The point, dear, is that there are only 15 characters available now. It's not nearly enough to properly assassinate your character.

But I am still allowed to have an opinion, whether you place any value on it or not. Maybe if you thought for a second you'd realize that I never made any sort of statement of the type you would like to refute.

I'm sorry if the comment wasn't lovely. I don't think lying about warning me is lovely either.

So far no one has forced me to leave, either.

Kewpie, I don't blame you. You can't help it. But you are obviously not suited to be a moderator.

...And you never explained that list you made that had my name on it, of people that had better watch out. You lied and said that you have warned me many times and you haven't. I have received one 2 point infraction, which was based on my protest of the way you merge threads and bury new posts in unrelated old threads.

So you post a list of people that better watch out, and then lie about warning me many times. Is that the way a moderator should behave? You bait people and attempt to set them up to be banned, sometimes successfully.

...And this whole thing that you are "attacked" is nonsense. Why aren't other mods randomly attacked? It's because you are inflexible and have an idea of how the forum should be to suit you.

I'm not leaving for you. I may be banned for telling my opinion, but the forums are pretty much over for me anyway. It's dead here and a lot of people whose posts I enjoy moved on, and I'm sure that it isn't because they don't care about Morrissey anymore. It's because they come her to have fun, and not to have some repressive nanny try to tell them how to behave.

Kewpie should have the dignity to resign. She's worse that Richard Nixon.

I almost started the "Would Morrissey be banned from Morrissey-solo" thread. (but I'd like to make a couple more posts before I'm banned so I didn't.

What cracks me up about the wrestling pic being called pointless is that the whole site is pointless isn't it? What is the point? To have a little fun and talk to Morrissey fans. And I don't mean to come across as ingratiating but Morrissey fans are special, to me anyway, and I really don't think that the spirit of being a Morrissey fan is being represented by this rampant banning.

They said Helen was warned many times. Maybe she was.

But Kewpie said I was warned many times, and I wasn't. I have one 2 point infraction for posting a couple of threads on general discussion, in protest for having other threads moved in ways that don't make sense. That does not equal "many times".

I fully expect to be banned soon, because I've been trying very hard not to make certain of my opinions known, but they are bubbling to the surface.

I'll say this. If I were compared to Hitler I wouldn't mind, because the comparison is a farce. In the public eye, in my opinion and the opinions of a few others that discussed this in chat, Kewpie, in some ways, benefits from the constant whining silly attacks on her. After a while the people complaining all get "tarred with the same brush" and it's hard to tell a legitimate complaint, of which there have been a few, with someone talking about Hitler.

I don't know what you are referring to. I don't understand why you have posted my name and "warned me" out of the blue. I have not been warned about anything many times. I want to be left out of whatever lists of names you post and I asked nicely. Thanks.

This "not discussing policy on the forums" sounds ominous. Have you studied Ronald Reagan? This reminds me of "plausible deniability". Kewpie, you are wasted here. You could be the head of a small totalitarian regime.

I have some sympathy for her, too. There have been a lot of threads about her. I just don't see it as bullying. If citizens of a town repeatedly complain about one member of the police force they aren't bullying. There is a problem.

See, often there is not a good reason [for her thread merging]. Many people have expressed that they found it annoying and that it makes no sense. Threads are merged because they share a similar word in the title. You click on a thread you are interested in and wind up in an old thread with outdated links.

Why? The site is not a reference library.

...Also, a lot of times when people ask for information she directs them to other websites, but not to the actual page they need to go to. It stops conversation, makes new people feel that they should not ask questions or that their question was dumb. That's what I think is "bullying" and "mean".

Yes, she's a member of the community, and that's all people are asking.

...If that many people were unhappy with a job I did "in my spare time", I'd quit.

The votes are interesting. more than 25 people have said she should not be a moderator, and some of her critics haven't even voted. Think about it. The obvious vote is "No", so you can support someone that you see as under attack, that people are being mean to and bullying. So those "Yes" votes should be considered.

I don't see the fact that it is free as having any relevance. Users post content and that's why people visit. We all contribute. The fact that it's free to post your thoughts and opinions, especially if you actually consider what you say and try to make some kind of contribution to the site should not be a factor.

I really don't think that the people that automatically see it as a bullying situation help solve the problem, and there is a problem. I do think that the whole "stripping of powers" is a stupid way to state it, and everyone knows what I think of NRITH. It's unfortunate that he started this thread. But Kewpie needs to chill out for the good of the forum, and I don't see what qualifies her to be a moderator.

Most of this "work" she does is exactly what people are protesting.

The main point is it's not Kewpie-solo. One person with a small amount of authority making the absolute most of it is never a good thing.

The whole, "if you don't like it, leave" argument doesn't make sense. If people absolutely did not like it, they wouldn't even bother to try to voice their opinion. If all the people that have some issue with Kewpie left the site would be less fun. I don't think it's your site to tell people to leave it, either, so relax. Nothing is going to happen. Kewpie doesn't care. She'll be back moving and merging and making comments about "mischievous Mexican(s)" and talking about people in private messages and all the rest of it. I'd think that if she truly was concerned about it, she might try to change, but she just gets worse. So relax.

Why has this now been moved to Off-Topic when it is about the site?

That's the worst thing. I don't mind the stupid clinging to perceived power, but it's the ignorant abuse of these petty privileges that is annoying.

First, I'd rather see NRITH and all his accounts banned more than I'd like to see Kewpie removed as a moderator. I'm just glad that he was never made moderator back when he was asking for the job. That puts this thread into perspective and makes Kewpie seem not so bad.

Actually, from time to time I have enjoyed relating to Kewpie as a person, but as a moderator she stinks. To all the people that say she is bullied and picked on, I ask you to consider why that seems to be the case (to you). Other moderators have their faults, but there's no comparison to the reaction she gets. She makes a negative contribution to the site as a moderator.

Of course she'll never be "stripped of her moderator privileges" because that would acknowledge that there was a problem. I think that it's very obvious that being a moderator here is very important to Kewpie and because people have sympathy and don't want to take that from her, the site suffers.

I don't see your contribution. It's all negative trying to make people behave according to your rules which are quite insane. If people are bitter towards you it's because you have made them that way.

:thumb:

Kewpie makes up rules and tries to closely monitor some of the people that post here because I've heard other people talk about these PM's. This is probably why she claimed to have given me "many warnings" which she never did. Maybe with all of her unofficial moderating, she can't keep it straight. Or maybe she's lying.

By unofficial moderating I mean these PM's she sends to people, who are not breaking any rules.

...Once again, Kewpie is making up her own rules, and sending "warnings" for things that are perfectly acceptable.

The point, dear, is that there are only 15 characters available now. It's not nearly enough to properly assassinate your character.

But I am still allowed to have an opinion, whether you place any value on it or not. Maybe if you thought for a second you'd realize that I never made any sort of statement of the type you would like to refute.

I'm sorry if the comment wasn't lovely. I don't think lying about warning me is lovely either.

Kewpie, I don't blame you. You can't help it. But you are obviously not suited to be a moderator.

...And you never explained that list you made that had my name on it, of people that had better watch out. You lied and said that you have warned me many times and you haven't. I have received one 2 point infraction, which was based on my protest of the way you merge threads and bury new posts in unrelated old threads.

So you post a list of people that better watch out, and then lie about warning me many times. Is that the way a moderator should behave? You bait people and attempt to set them up to be banned, sometimes successfully.

...And this whole thing that you are "attacked" is nonsense. Why aren't other mods randomly attacked? It's because you are inflexible and have an idea of how the forum should be to suit you.

I'm not leaving for you. I may be banned for telling my opinion, but the forums are pretty much over for me anyway. It's dead here and a lot of people whose posts I enjoy moved on, and I'm sure that it isn't because they don't care about Morrissey anymore. It's because they come her to have fun, and not to have some repressive nanny try to tell them how to behave.

I almost started the "Would Morrissey be banned from Morrissey-solo" thread. (but I'd like to make a couple more posts before I'm banned so I didn't.

What cracks me up about the wrestling pic being called pointless is that the whole site is pointless isn't it? What is the point? To have a little fun and talk to Morrissey fans. And I don't mean to come across as ingratiating but Morrissey fans are special, to me anyway, and I really don't think that the spirit of being a Morrissey fan is being represented by this rampant banning.

But Kewpie said I was warned many times, and I wasn't. I have one 2 point infraction for posting a couple of threads on general discussion, in protest for having other threads moved in ways that don't make sense. That does not equal "many times".

I fully expect to be banned soon, because I've been trying very hard not to make certain of my opinions known, but they are bubbling to the surface.

I'll say this. If I were compared to Hitler I wouldn't mind, because the comparison is a farce. In the public eye, in my opinion and the opinions of a few others that discussed this in chat, Kewpie, in some ways, benefits from the constant whining silly attacks on her. After a while the people complaining all get "tarred with the same brush" and it's hard to tell a legitimate complaint, of which there have been a few, with someone talking about Hitler.

I don't know what you are referring to. I don't understand why you have posted my name and "warned me" out of the blue. I have not been warned about anything many times. I want to be left out of whatever lists of names you post and I asked nicely. Thanks.

This "not discussing policy on the forums" sounds ominous. Have you studied Ronald Reagan? This reminds me of "plausible deniability". Kewpie, you are wasted here. You could be the head of a small totalitarian regime.

I have some sympathy for her, too. There have been a lot of threads about her. I just don't see it as bullying. If citizens of a town repeatedly complain about one member of the police force they aren't bullying. There is a problem.

See, often there is not a good reason [for her thread merging]. Many people have expressed that they found it annoying and that it makes no sense. Threads are merged because they share a similar word in the title. You click on a thread you are interested in and wind up in an old thread with outdated links.

...Also, a lot of times when people ask for information she directs them to other websites, but not to the actual page they need to go to. It stops conversation, makes new people feel that they should not ask questions or that their question was dumb. That's what I think is "bullying" and "mean".

...If that many people were unhappy with a job I did "in my spare time", I'd quit.

The votes are interesting. more than 25 people have said she should not be a moderator, and some of her critics haven't even voted. Think about it. The obvious vote is "No", so you can support someone that you see as under attack, that people are being mean to and bullying. So those "Yes" votes should be considered.

I don't see the fact that it is free as having any relevance. Users post content and that's why people visit. We all contribute. The fact that it's free to post your thoughts and opinions, especially if you actually consider what you say and try to make some kind of contribution to the site should not be a factor.

I really don't think that the people that automatically see it as a bullying situation help solve the problem, and there is a problem. I do think that the whole "stripping of powers" is a stupid way to state it, and everyone knows what I think of NRITH. It's unfortunate that he started this thread. But Kewpie needs to chill out for the good of the forum, and I don't see what qualifies her to be a moderator.

The main point is it's not Kewpie-solo. One person with a small amount of authority making the absolute most of it is never a good thing.

The whole, "if you don't like it, leave" argument doesn't make sense. If people absolutely did not like it, they wouldn't even bother to try to voice their opinion. If all the people that have some issue with Kewpie left the site would be less fun. I don't think it's your site to tell people to leave it, either, so relax. Nothing is going to happen. Kewpie doesn't care. She'll be back moving and merging and making comments about "mischievous Mexican(s)" and talking about people in private messages and all the rest of it. I'd think that if she truly was concerned about it, she might try to change, but she just gets worse. So relax.

That's the worst thing. I don't mind the stupid clinging to perceived power, but it's the ignorant abuse of these petty privileges that is annoying.

First, I'd rather see NRITH and all his accounts banned more than I'd like to see Kewpie removed as a moderator. I'm just glad that he was never made moderator back when he was asking for the job. That puts this thread into perspective and makes Kewpie seem not so bad.

Actually, from time to time I have enjoyed relating to Kewpie as a person, but as a moderator she stinks. To all the people that say she is bullied and picked on, I ask you to consider why that seems to be the case (to you). Other moderators have their faults, but there's no comparison to the reaction she gets. She makes a negative contribution to the site as a moderator.

Of course she'll never be "stripped of her moderator privileges" because that would acknowledge that there was a problem. I think that it's very obvious that being a moderator here is very important to Kewpie and because people have sympathy and don't want to take that from her, the site suffers.

I don't see your contribution. It's all negative trying to make people behave according to your rules which are quite insane. If people are bitter towards you it's because you have made them that way.

Re: "but if we look at his own words"

Tags
why am i *not*?
Back
Top Bottom