Johnny play The Smiths (again)

Re: johnny marr crowded house Manchester

Wow - I would have loved to have been there.

Sorry was a little drunk last night. They did 4 songs together including please, please, please and There Is A Light. His daughter sang one song with them and his son played guitar with the support band.

What a waste.

Just got an e-mail saying Johnny played with Crowded House in Manchester the other day and played Please, Please Please Let Me Get What I Want and There Is Is A Light in the encore. Any Youtube footage?

P,

Steven.
Pick
Up
The
Phone!!!!!

There are a few clips of Johnny on stage with them, but no Smiths tracks. And non of the comments mention Smiths tracks. It was only last night, so more may appear. Just think, Johnny at the Apollo and Mike at Band on the Wall... nearly.

This is apparently Johnny's daughter?

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
My boss took great delight in telling me he'd just walked past Johnny on Deansgate, in Manchester centre, this morning!

This is apparently Johnny's daughter?

Dave

It is, she did backing vocals on a couple of Crowded House songs from Time on Earth :).

When I saw this advertised I thought to myself Johnny would be there as he played last time Crowded House were at the Apollo.
Wanted to go but live just inside the West Yorkshire border and couldn't make it for a midweek gig.

Here's There's a light... you occasionally get to Johnny's head :)

Could the two threads be merged?

Dave

Back
Top Bottom