Blackberry Curve 2580 not functioning - can anybody resolve?

vaca peluda

Pissed Aunt Sally
Hello Morrissey-solo.

Yesterday I bought a BlackBerry Curve 2580 but so far I'm not massively impressed by it for these reasons:

1) I downloaded MSN Messenger but it won't let me sign on as it keeps saying, ''Service not enabled for this handheld.'

2) I downloaded Twitter but that's not working.

3) I downloaded Maps on Google but that didn't work

4) I can't get my Hotmail emails directly into my inbox and I can't send emails out.

I've tried everything humanely possible on this bloody thing just to try and get the email system working, but alas, nothing.

Does anybody knows how to resolve this or have the same problem?

Kind regards and fingers crossed,
vaca peluda

Where have you bought it from? And where in the world are you?

I have one on contract from o2 - when I took it out of the box I couldn't get anything to work - email, internet, anything that needed data, then after the first day I got a message from o2 saying "welcome to Blackberry" after that it worked...

In terms of Hotmail... when I looked into it, you needed to pay for a premium hotmail account to make it compatible, so I never bothered.

Persevere - it's worth it - just don't become a Crackberry addict.

DAve

I have 2 browsers on my, one is a work browser and "secure".....the other is a "normal" browser.....I had to bring it in to a Verizon shop to have them activate them.

Before I did that, I had no internet access. Might be worth a trip to you local phone store.

Where have you bought it from? And where in the world are you?

I have one on contract from o2 - when I took it out of the box I couldn't get anything to work - email, internet, anything that needed data, then after the first day I got a message from o2 saying "welcome to Blackberry" after that it worked...

In terms of Hotmail... when I looked into it, you needed to pay for a premium hotmail account to make it compatible, so I never bothered.

Persevere - it's worth it - just don't become a Crackberry addict.

DAve

Hiya, I'm in the UK - North West.
I've bought it from the Orange shop so it's on Orange. I rang customer services on Orange and they told me that the server was down so I wouldn't be able to browse. I am able to browse though.

I rang Orange up and they then sent me a message telling me to switch off my phone, so I did and now my phone has been registered with the wireless network (I already thought it was 'cause the bloke in the shop told me it was!)

Apparently the server is down so I can't access Twitter and can't register an email address.

Still baffled by it all! Thanks for responding. You've both been great helps! :thumb::D

Back
Top Bottom