how old are you and when were you the most unhappy/happy?

how old are you and when were you the most unhappy?

• teens, when iwas a kid

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • teens, teens

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • 20s, when iwas a kid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20s, teens

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • 20s, 20s

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • 30s, when iwas a kid

• 30s, teens

• 30s, 20s

• 30s, 30s

• 40s, when iwas a kid

• 40s, teens

• 40s, 20s

• 40s, 30s

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • 40s, 40s

• other (for all you 12&unders and 50&olders)

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

chrisarclark

Boycott Moz
?????

I answered that wrong. :o Sorry, complicated poll when you're tired. :p I meant I'm in my 30's and was unhappiest in my 20's.

I'm in my (late) teens, and the unhappiest time of my life has been the last four or five years. :drama: So far anyway- there's still time to top that in the next 60 years, I suppose. I'll work on it.

EDIT: Huh, it seems most people who have voted are at their unhappiest now. Such is life. I should have added "if I live that long" to my penultimate sentence. This is a Morrissey forum, after all. :p

Last edited:
You have to have lived a life to look back and make a statement on this.
I myself have had good times and bad.
Happiest?
It would have to be when I was care free.
I can't remember when this was.
Off the bat I do remember one new years eve with a girl at a party.I admired this girl for a long time and took my chance at a mates party.Strange she said she felt the same way.When I seen her a few days later she had changed her mind.I never did tell her so had I.
But,what I good time we had that night,well I did.
Talk about happy for one night I'd say.
I just smile when I think about it.

great avatar, charming man (idoubt you would say the same for me).

looks like they deleted the "when were you the most happy" poll thread.

Trust me, i know the teenage years are an awkward and difficult time for most involved. If only i had the knowledge and such that i had acquired in my 30s to get me through my teenage years....then maybe i'd have been a successful bazillionaire like Bill Gates and had my shit together, etc, etc, etc..

Things hardly ever work out the way we plan.....

I'm in my thirties (nearing forty) but I was diagnosed with clinical depression when I was fifteen. I've had a long hard battle with depression over half my life. It was most severe from twenty-nine to thirty-two. Very dark years. I nearly died - and I'm not exaggerating. I still suffer, but I try very hard to work things out and not always just blame it on depression...life is what you make of it, I suppose.

It can be extremely hard, though.

Trust me, i know the teenage years are an awkward and difficult time for most involved. If only i had the knowledge and such that i had acquired in my 30s to get me through my teenage years....then maybe i'd have been a successful bazillionaire like Bill Gates and had my shit together, etc, etc, etc..

Things hardly ever work out the way we plan.....

BTW...thirty-ish, most unhappiest in my teens..

I'm in my thirties (nearing forty) but I was diagnosed with clinical depression when I was fifteen. I've had a long hard battle with depression over half my life. It was most severe from twenty-nine to thirty-two. Very dark years. I nearly died - and I'm not exaggerating. I still suffer, but I try very hard to work things out and not always just blame it on depression...life is what you make of it, I suppose.

It can be extremely hard, though.

I also was diagnosed w/ clinical depression when i was 15 and have been on "happy pills" (as i like to jokingly call them) ever since then, and i am also close to your age!

Unfortunately depression runs in my family, for at least 3 generations back as far as i know. :straightface: It's an unfortunate illness. Many people don't seem to understand it nor want to, but hey, there's more awareness about it more than ever.

Just hang in there sweetie, and know that you're not alone! :thumb:

iwas diagnosed with depression (who wasnt) after 2nd year university- iuse "2nd year university" fairly loosely as it was nota lota school and really more 24-7 drunkeness. goodtimes. was on meds for the better part of a year and then went off (they screwed with my sexual performance, not the way yure thinking). still struggle with it, but now that iknow what im dealing ideal with in a better way than simply getting drunk for a week/month.

honestly, ive always hada fairly cynical view of depression, both before and after my bouts with it- afterall, everyone gets a little down every now&then, right. ido havan appreciation for it, but where im concerned at least, idont really givit much respect- ibasically tell myself to suckitup and get on with it.

20s, 20s bytheway- happiest in my teens (when iwas completely self-assured).

iwas diagnosed with depression (who wasnt) after 2nd year university- iuse "2nd year university" fairly loosely as it was nota lota school and really more 24-7 drunkeness. goodtimes. was on meds for the better part of a year and then went off (they screwed with my sexual performance, not the way yure thinking). still struggle with it, but now that iknow what im dealing ideal with in a better way than simply getting drunk for a week/month.

honestly, ive always hada fairly cynical view of depression, both before and after my bouts with it- afterall, everyone gets a little down every now&then, right. ido havan appreciation for it, but where im concerned at least, idont really givit much respect- ibasically tell myself to suckitup and get on with it.

20s, 20s bytheway- happiest in my teens (when iwas completely self-assured).

nice post, CC! :)

Back
Top Bottom