The Star & Garter Friday 2nd April

Jukebox Jury

Retired
Bloody hell.....this has come round quickly......maybe the weekend following the March night of The Smyths and Viva Morrissey both appearing live has made it seem a short month:guitar::guitar:

Anyway, so yes, where was I......

Yes, this coming Friday, usual blah blah blah
OH! Tis the 10th anniversary of my first visit, oh yes, April 2000 was my first ever visit to this fine establishment. I remember going up the wooden stairs, holding onto the side thinking....'will these stairs hold all these people' and wondering if the dancefloor would hold all these people:eek:
It took a few further visits to become fully confident that the building was indeed safe:lbf:

It was on these very forums (or in the chat actually) that i heard about the S&G....Iain from Scotland convinced me that at the age of 37, I would not stick out like a sore thumb..... and he was right:bow:

S&G sent me a PM saying it was drinks free all night for me in celebration of being a long and loyal custmer:thumb::cool::guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Bloody hell.....this has come round quickly......maybe the weekend following the March night of The Smyths and Viva Morrissey both appearing live has made it seem a short month:guitar::guitar:

Anyway, so yes, where was I......

Yes, this coming Friday, usual blah blah blah
OH! Tis the 10th anniversary of my first visit, oh yes, April 2000 was my first ever visit to this fine establishment. I remember going up the wooden stairs, holding onto the side thinking....'will these stairs hold all these people' and wondering if the dancefloor would hold all these people:eek:
It took a few further visits to become fully confident that the building was indeed safe:lbf:

It was on these very forums (or in the chat actually) that i heard about the S&G....Iain from Scotland convinced me that at the age of 37, I would not stick out like a sore thumb..... and he was right:bow:

S&G sent me a PM saying it was drinks free all night for me in celebration of being a long and loyal custmer:thumb::cool::guitar:

Jukebox Jury

I got a free can of Coke from my local corner shop because I go there so often. Not often you meet a nice shopkeeper. I think the amount of booze and crisps and sandwiches I buy in there has helped pay for his new kitchen.

This bloke just sent me a PM saying he would buy me a drink too:eek:
64352.jpg

1-0:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

My Ace girlfriend - for my birthday last week - booked a hotel this Friday night just so i can travel down to Manchester with her and go to the S&G - where I havent been for over 18 months. Shes not even a Morrissey fan. Christ, I'm lucky. I can't see me convincing her to spend Saturday lunchtime in a pub watching the Man Utd Chelsea game as well as visiting the S&G though...

Hmmm, I'll have to count the cash & see if I can get down.
It's never been the same since I moved to Manchester & didn't have to get the train anymore.

Many an hour waiting for the 4.30am train spent I.

Jukebox, you got floor space for two sleeping bags?

We'll even buy you a drink (whoops)

if someone promises to pay for me to get in and buy me 18 beers then maybe i'll come. maybe.

Damn, I only have enough to pay you in and buy you fifeteen beers......sorry.

Jukebox Jury

oh well. i do appreciate the offer, it's just not really worth my time you see.

definitely be there next month though, to celebrate my birth :guitar:

Ill have to give it a miss this time, as I've got to get up quite early on Saturday morning.

Which is a shame, as the daffodils in my garden have just come out, so I could have harvested them to bring along (and pretend that it's still 1984).

My Ace girlfriend - for my birthday last week - booked a hotel this Friday night just so i can travel down to Manchester with her and go to the S&G - where I havent been for over 18 months. Shes not even a Morrissey fan. Christ, I'm lucky. I can't see me convincing her to spend Saturday lunchtime in a pub watching the Man Utd Chelsea game as well as visiting the S&G though...

That sounds top mate. Hope you and the missus have a good time!

Don't worry mate, all sorted:thumb:

Nice one Virgil

oh well. i do appreciate the offer, it's just not really worth my time you see.

definitely be there next month though, to celebrate my birth :guitar:

Will be missing in May..... out of the country

Ill have to give it a miss this time, as I've got to get up quite early on Saturday morning.

Which is a shame, as the daffodils in my garden have just come out, so I could have harvested them to bring along (and pretend that it's still 1984).

I'll let the Stockport posse know you wont be there.... still not sure myself yet.....

That sounds top mate. Hope you and the missus have a good time!

You going Benjamin?

Jukebox Jury

It's been too long since a visit. Due to work-type stuff and drugs, it would be a bad idea right now, but I'm planning a visit in May...

P.

Back
Top Bottom